LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

3 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

image.thumb.png.68aa79c40831beef53d721e1a9db39f0.png

LTT are killing it!

I like how we are at 79.99% of the users active while the other two are less than half each! Just goes to show the dedication and eagerness to serve that this community has! Glad to be a part of it!

On another note, i hit a CPU throttle on one of my many machines lol it is getting HOT HOT HOT in here in FL, above 90* today and everything running full power! 😧

So is there now going to be a daily top-N or such for the duration of the event? Not that I'd be in any, but just so as to judge the... level of eventness of this event I guess.

13 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

it is looking like that has been increased to 20WUs btw, not seen anything official though, just peoples experience 

Is it 10WU per machine or per account? 

Just now, Yujah said:

So is there now going to be a daily top-N or such for teh duration of the event? Not that I'd be in any, but just so as to judge the... level eventness of this event I guess.

The daily production and ranks for ALL participants will be posted on the blog every day!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

The daily production and ranks for ALL participants will be posted on the blog every day!

*NOTE* - "ALL participants" (who signed up for the event - and on time before closing, not those that are just folding to fold.)

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Lovely. Thanks for your work; feeling all participatory here...

14 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

I mostly just want the PC to be a workhorse, not too interested in the points. It's a great machine for folding. More WU = better.

Well if WU's are your only concern, we have so many folders right now, the projects themselves are actually in short supply because we've burned through their backlog. So after a few hours of not recieving WY's. pause the slots for a minute and then resume. Should reset the Request WU timer. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

@GOTSpectrum - Also, is there a specific time per day it is gonna be posted? Or whenever you can get around to it?
Like every 24hr mark at 00GMT?

1 minute ago, x17andrew71x said:

*NOTE* - "ALL participants" (who signed up for the event - and on time before closing, not those that are just folding to fold.)

Ther wouldn't be participants if they didn't sign up, just your regular ol folders!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, x17andrew71x said:

@GOTSpectrum - Also, is there a specific time per day it is gonna be posted? Or whenever you can get around to it?
Like every 24hr mark at 00GMT?

The stats are calculated at the 0015(using the 0000GMT update) each day, if I am awake and willing I try to get it out before 3am, if not as soon I am available during the day. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Ther wouldn't be participants if they didn't sign up, just your regular ol folders!

True, i agree but some people may have the impression that they are "participating" by adding their machine to the 'fold', even though they didnt sign for the event. 

The stats are calculated at the 0015(using the 0000GMT update) each day, if I am awake and willing I try to get it out before 3am, if not as soon I am available during the day. 

Sweet! just curious if it was something you had to do or was an automated process

Did not even notice there was something sing up for... when I was joining the team... 

🇫🇮 Regular ol folder´s Stats... What Event 🤪                            

Main PC: 8700K & MSI 2080Ti Seahawk

Utility PC: Threadripper 1920x & MSI 2080 Seahawk

Dedicated to the Fold: i7 2600K & MSI 1080Ti OC Armor

...good to be back to folding...   🇫🇮

Just now, x17andrew71x said:

Sweet! just curious if it was something you had to do or was an automated process

It is a very manual process, more automated now with leadeaters help but yeah. Theres more than just the raw stats posted, you'll see!

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

It is a very manual process, more automated now with leadeaters help but yeah. Theres more than just the raw stats posted, you'll see!

I'm getting excited! ^_^ my machines i calculated at about 360k ppd... BUT looking at the PPD this morning, if they keep going are gonna be closer to 600k :D

7 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Regular ol folders, ja! That make me laugh and think in my long run with seti@home since 2009 until now what is entering in hibernation soon, I suppose what folding@home is a good replacent given the current times.

6 minutes ago, Shigeru said:

Regular ol folders, ja! That make me laugh and think in my long run with seti@home since 2009 until now what is entering in hibernation soon, I suppose what folding@home is a good replacent given the current times.

Yup... went into my sig... kinda 😂

🇫🇮 Regular ol folder´s Stats... What Event 🤪                            

Main PC: 8700K & MSI 2080Ti Seahawk

Utility PC: Threadripper 1920x & MSI 2080 Seahawk

Dedicated to the Fold: i7 2600K & MSI 1080Ti OC Armor

...good to be back to folding...   🇫🇮

Noob question alert!! there is probably a post about this already that i missed but how do I claim  badges? 

thanks in advance.

El Psy Congroo out!

Folding since 15/03/20

Rig specs

Mobo - crosshair hero 7

Ram -  trident z 3400

Processor- Ryzen 7 2700x @ 4.1 Ghz

Graphics card - Gigabyte 1080 TI

1 minute ago, El_Psy_CoNGR00 said:

Noob question alert!! there is probably a post about this already that i missed but how do I claim  badges? 

thanks in advance.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Lol just found that exact link, but then i had a brainfart and posted it in a wrong topic. hahaha.

But yeah thats where you get your info on badges. :) (Love the picture tho!)

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

Newbie here, so feel free to shame me if this isn't a good spot.  But in case anyone has extra ec2 credits laying around this guide works to spend those up for a good cause:

LINK

Also works well on the p2 size instances.

1 minute ago, ZilchGnu said:

Newbie here, so feel free to shame me if this isn't a good spot.  But in case anyone has extra ec2 credits laying around this guide works to spend those up for a good cause:

https://medium.com/@julsimon/running-folding-home-on-amazon-ec2-instances-ce6bb8f84218

Also works well on the p2 size instances.

You need to fix your link buddy, it points back to this page.
Link text need the text you want to see.
Link URL is the actual adress.
:)

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!