Feeling board, depressed or lonely ? Come say hi

Ebony Falcon

Just a thread for people to come chill in if your feeling like poop

its a off topic thread so feel free to talk about anything 

rant about games or hardware 

or pretty much anything 

I often find me self looking at my phone with no one to talk to ect so if any of you guys are in the same boat let’s hang out n chill 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

I'm bored at work rn so I can start off, what all games are y'all playing and actually enjoying rn? I've been feeling meh in most of my usual games, but mucking around with BOTW in CEMU last night was quite nice. At 4K60 with proper AA and some other stuff from Reshade it's damned impressive. Still need to tweak the colors and such more though, may do that tonight. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

surely I am not, but often times I feel like I am up against the whole world by myself. I am not great at keeping in contact with people and have a hard time connecting with people and often don't know when people want me away or not..

I don't know why I am typing this here, this forum is only of the only places I feel somewhat comfortable.

so. uh.. Hey!

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

I'm bored at work rn so I can start off, what all games are y'all playing and actually enjoying rn? I've been feeling meh in most of my usual games, but mucking around with BOTW in CEMU last night was quite nice. At 4K60 with proper AA and some other stuff from Reshade it's damned impressive. Still need to tweak the colors and such more though, may do that tonight. 

What pc specs do you have to get botw emulated properly at 4K 60 ?

i always liked look of this game but didn’t wanna buy a switch ! 

im currently playing surge 2 ( dark souls rip off! Or is it ?) it’s really good, I rate it above the from games 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

Not gonna lie, I’m a shitty person. Everyone loves to pretend that they give a fuck about me, but everyone’s out for their own personal interests. I’m not here to be cared for, I’m just here to be exploited and to be used like a sex trafficked person. I don’t deserve sympathy nor does anyone need to listen to me, but I digress.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, minibois said:

surely I am not, but often times I feel like I am up against the whole world by myself. I am not great at keeping in contact with people and have a hard time connecting with people and often don't know when people want me away or not..

I don't know why I am typing this here, this forum is only of the only places I feel somewhat comfortable.

so. uh.. Hey!

Hey bro :) ! I feel ya 

“life’s a bitch then you die”

if you wanna play some games tomorrow we can chill in discord or whatever and play something stupid 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

1 minute ago, handymanshandle said:

Not gonna lie, I’m a shitty person. Everyone loves to pretend that they give a fuck about me, but everyone’s out for their own personal interests. I’m not here to be cared for, I’m just here to be exploited and to be used like a sex trafficked person. I don’t deserve sympathy nor does anyone need to listen to me, but I digress.

Well we don’t know you so I won’t pretend to care more than I would for anyone else 

but as I said above maby we could get a discord set up for people feeling like shite or what ever and find some f2p games and make some new friends ?

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

8 minutes ago, Ebony Falcon said:

I often find me self looking at my phone with no one to talk to ect so if any of you guys are in the same boat let’s hang out n chill 

Donˋt see it so negative. I love for example that no one wants my attention or bothers me with their crap.

Have you thought that you are maybe tired of gaming? It happened to me

1 minute ago, Teddy07 said:

Donˋt see it so negative. I love for example that no one wants my attention or bothers me with their crap.

Have you thought that you are maybe tired of gaming? It happened to me

I get ya :) 

min quit happy to play games by my self but I know I suffer from depression and not great with social situations 

but was kinda hoping if anyone was feeling the
same I cold make a discord or something and people feeling shitty and also tech savvy could hang out with each other so that maby we don’t have to feel like crap so much ? 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

9 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

You might be surprised at who cares, some people just have a difficult time showing it. Self-interest is ingrained into human nature, someone can at times be self-serving but still have empathy/kindness for others, it's a balance.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

1 minute ago, Ebony Falcon said:

What pc specs do you have to get botw emulated properly at 4K 60 ?

i always liked look of this game but didn’t wanna buy a switch ! 

I'm running an OCed 5960X and RVII. Pretty sure if you run more reasonable settings 4K is possible on a lower GPU. But even full 1080p60 is amazing (the Switch will run 1080p30fps when docked, but struggles in heavy rain or the Korok Forest). I'm running 4K because I have my big rig hooked up to my TV now, and that's the native res. Looks miles better than a quarter the resolution on the Switch. 

For handheld mode or on a 1080p screen, the Switch is damned impressive. Also it can do things the PC cannot, like sleep in the middle of a game, then wake 2 weeks later, dropping not a single frame once coming back on (a process that takes one button click to wake the device, tapping any button 3 times, then un-pausing the game you left open). 

4 minutes ago, Ebony Falcon said:

im currently playing surge 2 ( dark souls rip off! Or is it ?) it’s really good, I rate it above the from games 

Oooo. I sadly haven't touched the Dark Souls games, I have a feeling the controls would cause me to commit death. I have uh... the weeb version of that basically, Code Vein. Controls drive me mad. Fallen Order combat is also something I find annoying, though I adore the rest of the game. I'm just not good at memorizing attack patterns and timings. Think I'm too scatterbrained lol. 

That does look like quite the game though, is the lore any good? I'll often randomly consume lore or review videos on games even if I don't play them, just because they're interesting. 

1 minute ago, Teddy07 said:

Have you thought that you are maybe tired of gaming?

Oof this is also a thing lol. At this point I mostly play games that feel good to run around in (DOOM's controls are amazing, as are Destiny 2's, anything with not-smooth feeling input I can't stand). And for the fashion, that's my main reason for hanging on to Destiny right now. Main reason I boot up Forza Horizon 4 sometimes too. Just did the other night, it's nice to muck around with different colors for cars, and the camera mode can spit out some cool stuff:
IMG_0230.thumb.JPG.b7c8fcf5de916b8952777fc243b267b0.JPG

IMG_0229.thumb.JPG.3d338b71258f79636cd24f126f95556f.JPG

IMG_0228.thumb.JPG.b6f3dd19963f3ca7d99773e8ca893bb8.JPG

These are the best I have so far. Some lads manage to take ones that look basically photorealistic, it's insane. Highly reccomend the game if you can find it on sale, but unless you like the PvP side or actually doing the racing (lol I just muck around in freeplay and with upgrading all sorts of cars to see what they can do), the full price is a hard yikes. I think the full version with the car passes is $90 or so, maybe more? Bought it a while ago so I don't remember. 

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, Ebony Falcon said:

min quit happy to play games by my self but I know I suffer from depression and not great with social situations 

Have you tried hitting the gym or sports?

I recently started training in the gym and it is incredibly how it improves my mood. I always leave the gym in peace with the world because burning off energy + good music is just awesome

11 minutes ago, Ebony Falcon said:

Hey bro :) ! I feel ya 

“life’s a bitch then you die”

if you wanna play some games tomorrow we can chill in discord or whatever and play something stupid 

Have school, schoolwork and actual work today and tomorrow ?

I just kinda browse the forum in the off-times I do have

The only game I have played in the last month has been Pokemon, just casually 'shiny hunting'.

Would love to get back into Dirt again, but everytime I played a game (other than Pokemon) I kinda feel guilty for playing, since I could be doing other stuff too :/ 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

@Zando Bob awesome il give it a try I have 8700k and 2080 so not too far from what u have :)

yeah it’s very har learning curve at the start but once u get it and you kill the first boss ect you feel amazing like you have actually achieved something haha 

heart racing hands shaking 

yeah the lore is great but you have to dig around for it and find audio files ect 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

2 minutes ago, Ebony Falcon said:

@Zando Bob awesome il give it a try I have 8700k and 2080 so not too far from what u have :)

yeah it’s very har learning curve at the start but once u get it and you kill the first boss ect you feel amazing like you have actually achieved something haha 

heart racing hands shaking 

yeah the lore is great but you have to dig around for it and find audio files ect 

Noice! And if you wanna get into WiiU CEMU emulation, BSoD Gaming in YouTube is your man. He makes guides every time CEMU is updated, with the tips and tricks for best performance and such. Just released a guide on BOTW with Reshade, that's why I was messing with it the other night. 

The game itself you'll have to dump off a WiiU or pirate, but I can't help you with the ?‍☠️ part here ?

Main PC 

7 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Noice! And if you wanna get into WiiU CEMU emulation, BSoD Gaming in YouTube is your man. He makes guides every time CEMU is updated, with the tips and tricks for best performance and such. Just released a guide on BOTW with Reshade, that's why I was messing with it the other night. 

The game itself you'll have to dump off a WiiU or pirate, but I can't help you with the ?‍☠️ part here ?

As it would happen I’m a master of sailing but il check his videos for sure :)

how is the game tho is it good ?

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

17 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

Have you tried hitting the gym or sports?

I recently started training in the gym and it is incredibly how it improves my mood. I always leave the gym in peace with the world because burning off energy + good music is just awesome

I have I’m into archery and swimming but I’m awaiting surgery on my knee so currntly I can’t do anything :(

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

Just now, Ebony Falcon said:

As it would happen I’m a master of sailing but il check his videos for sure :)

how is the game tho is it good ?

It's good enough that that game alone sold out Nintendo Switches for months and had people willing to pay a scalper $600 for one, which is twice the $299 MSRP... 

I like it better than any of the other Switch games I have, but that's personal preference. As objectively as one can rate a game though, it's a masterpiece. Very few flaws with the game, and most of those are related to not that much of a story (well, not one slammed in your face, but there's a ton of cool interactions throughout the game), and the final boss is pretty disappointing. Most of those are due to how open the game is, and that's also where it shines. Massive open world, no loading screens unless you fast travel, physics engine can be very fun to abuse. Once you have more resources later in the game (or just enable cheats in CEMU lol) combat can be easily cheesed, but you can just as easily choose to not cheese it, so I can't blame the game for that. A couple shrines are annoying (or impossible without motion controls in CEMU, but there may be a way to skip those/complete them without it somehow, I haven't looked into that yet) but that's about it. 

The art style and direction are absolute perfection, animations are top tier, all the little details are executed perfectly. The world feels alive and vast, and it's actually more fun to do a no-fast travel playthrough if you're into exploration (I'm doing that on my Switch Lite since it doesn't sync over the save from my big Switch). Fashion is quite good as well, there's lots of kits to discover in many different places. Most have interactions with an NPC or book left somewhere that'll give you clues, or you can just be lazy like me and google the guide ?

If you have no moral objection to Robin Hood-ing the game for yourself then I highly recommend it. I get around the moral side with the justification that I do own an actual hard copy of it (it's for the Switch but that's a minor detail ?). 

dm me on Discord at ZandoBob#6969 I swear I totally don't have the files ?

Main PC 

5 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

It's good enough that that game alone sold out Nintendo Switches for months and had people willing to pay a scalper $600 for one, which is twice the $299 MSRP... 

I like it better than any of the other Switch games I have, but that's personal preference. As objectively as one can rate a game though, it's a masterpiece. Very few flaws with the game, and most of those are related to not that much of a story (well, not one slammed in your face, but there's a ton of cool interactions throughout the game), and the final boss is pretty disappointing. Most of those are due to how open the game is, and that's also where it shines. Massive open world, no loading screens unless you fast travel, physics engine can be very fun to abuse. Once you have more resources later in the game (or just enable cheats in CEMU lol) combat can be easily cheesed, but you can just as easily choose to not cheese it, so I can't blame the game for that. A couple shrines are annoying (or impossible without motion controls in CEMU, but there may be a way to skip those/complete them without it somehow, I haven't looked into that yet) but that's about it. 

The art style and direction are absolute perfection, animations are top tier, all the little details are executed perfectly. The world feels alive and vast, and it's actually more fun to do a no-fast travel playthrough if you're into exploration (I'm doing that on my Switch Lite since it doesn't sync over the save from my big Switch). Fashion is quite good as well, there's lots of kits to discover in many different places. Most have interactions with an NPC or book left somewhere that'll give you clues, or you can just be lazy like me and google the guide ?

If you have no moral objection to Robin Hood-ing the game for yourself then I highly recommend it. I get around the moral side with the justification that I do own an actual hard copy of it (it's for the Switch but that's a minor detail ?). 

dm me on Discord at ZandoBob#6969 I swear I totally don't have the files ?

Ok I’m sold on it haha 

I do think if you have never played a souls game  dark souls 3 is a good one

yiu can farm up lvs early on and become op until you get the hang of it 

it’s actually a very fun rpg with endless replay ability 

the law is top tier 

I’m sure a man of your skills can find it 

the controls are also a lot more responsive than fallen Jedi, the mechanics are really on point 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

5ab4223fa03db_HelloThere.jpg.0e967d3a5ff390b5ebe02cb31eb2173b.jpgm

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

On 2/18/2020 at 5:15 PM, handymanshandle said:

You're not even worth my 5 dollars...

Spoiler

Was that good enough? Did the check clear? 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers