Linus Office Upgrade - MKBHD Edition

James

We give Linus' office a techy DIY makeover.. but with a prank twist thanks to a surprise cameo from Marques Brownlee!

What's the thing that's blurred out lol

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

7 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Keys, Linus uses a switch as a key holder.

Every key has a small ethernet cable with an RJ45 so you can connect it to the switch, and because it's RJ45, it locks as well.

Quite neat tbh.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Where is the video where the Linus team (Dennis I guess) trolls MKBHD by putting the underwear and other stuff on what I can only guess is Marquess's new Tesla?

1 hour ago, samcool55 said:

Every key has a small ethernet cable with an RJ45 so you can connect it to the switch, and because it's RJ45, it locks as well.

Quite neat tbh.

what do you mean keys?

locking keys

for some reason i envision an rj45 jack with the wires terminated in a certain way, hence key

14 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

what do you mean keys?

locking keys

for some reason i envision an rj45 jack with the wires terminated in a certain way, hence key

Well you could make a dummy ethernet "alarm" by having them wired back on themselves so the switch would see when they're removed, though I think the switch would be confused by seeing it's own MAC. Could also just put a PoE load if the switch supports PoE, and then detect removal of the load.

20:19, that moment when Linus shows he's actually American. ?

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

2 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Probably stuff under NDA.

48 minutes ago, Nicolaspatate said:

Can someone know what is the reference for the clock on the wall ?

Thanks

You know... one of these. 

Big apple fan Linus is not.  Though a funnier troll would be if everything was XBox themed.  Being a big PCMR guy. 

Random single sock
Random half used toilet paper roll

This can only mean one thing

Spoiler

Linus hurt his foot and can't be bothered to walk to the first aid kit

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

1 minute ago, rcmaehl said:

Random single sock
Random half used toilet paper roll

This can only mean one thing

Reveal hidden contents

Linus hurt his foot and can't be bothered to talk to the first aid kit

and the ketchup?  ?

1 minute ago, theRooster said:

and the ketchup?  ?

As a ketchup hoarder as well, there is absolutely nothing wrong with excessive amounts of ketchup.

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

7 hours ago, samcool55 said:

Quite neat tbh.

i'm more confused than before.... i have no idea what a Rj45 cable has to do with them blurring the background thing on the wall

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Two thumbs up for the effort, but seriously, why can't you just give the guy his old office back?

AhhaA its cameo time. If I could control a cameo, I would want Fortnite and Marques Brownlee. 

It's gut-wrenching to see they cutting through like it's nothing but I gotta say I loved the end result. It looks awesome!! :D 

9 hours ago, Computernaut said:

20:19, that moment when Linus shows he's actually American. ?

You mean 21:08 ? lol

7 hours ago, Spicynarwhal said:

Can we get a link to those shelving units? Assuming they're Ikea?

I'm pretty sure those are from Ikea's Pax wardrobe series.

5 hours ago, floofer said:

AhhaA its cameo time. If I could control a cameo, I would want Fortnite and Marques Brownlee. 

Ah, that is exceedingly warm

9 hours ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

i'm more confused than before.... i have no idea what a Rj45 cable has to do with them blurring the background thing on the wall

If memory serves me right, they blurred his key chain in previous videos too, probably has something confidential along with his keys.

Probably has something to do with their server.