LTT Official Folding Month 2019!!!

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Alright guys, the time for locking this thread has come, can you all please use the Folding Community Board for all further talk.

Thank you all again for participating in the event.

Once the sheet is cleaned up I will edit this post to add the link to the spreadsheet.

@TVwazhere Can you please lock this thread for me. 

1 minute ago, Den-Fi said:

No.

I don't always have to be the best.

I am perfectly content at being 2nd place.

I am.

I definitely am.

Go number 2!  Go number 2!  and this one time, at MicroCenter, he took a 2080ti, and he… Go number 2!  You got this!™

"Engage!"

1 minute ago, justpoet said:

Suddenly, a wild anonymous cash purchaser appears!

When Mrs Fi opens the credit card statement at the end of the month.

1 minute ago, Den-Fi said:

No.

I am.

I definitely am.

(That's totally not you when you see @sowon post status updates about key switches)

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

11 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

No.

I am.

I definitely am.

How to instantly win back number 1:

Go to AWS -> GPU Cluster -> Choose the highest 8 v100 gpu -> Run for the whole month.

just checked pricing, spot instance of 8 V100 GPU is 12 bucks an hour. running for a month is 8600 dollars for 480M of points

5 minutes ago, TensorVortex said:

How to instantly win back number 1:

Go to AWS -> GPU Cluster -> Choose the highest 8 v100 gpu -> Run for the whole month.

Hm, what about that nvidia streaming service?  I saw a gif once where someone broke free of the game and was able to run whatever they wanted

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Whelp. I retired my 4770k and my R7 250x just died. CPU folding on a 4770k is just not worth it considering the ppd per watt. It's just the GTX 770 now. It's not doing great on the ppd per watt side either but eh, it's all I can afford right now!

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Hm, what about that nvidia streaming service?  I saw a gif once where someone broke free of the game and was able to run whatever they wanted

haha that should work! LTT should try this for sure, someone talk to them

1 minute ago, TensorVortex said:

haha that should work! LTT should try this for sure, someone talk to them

Tbh if they just put their entire stock of GPUs to work it would probably bring in at least 50M PPD just from that

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

Tbh if they just put their entire stock of GPUs to work it would probably bring in at least 50M PPD just from that

yah tbh this is not a bad idea, I will try get a trial account of geforce now and see if i can get it running

4 minutes ago, TensorVortex said:

yah tbh this is not a bad idea, I will try get a trial account of geforce now and see if i can get it running

I meant if LTT used all their GPUs lying around on shelves :P but that sounds like a great idea too xD

I meant if LTT used all their GPUs lying around on shelves :P but that sounds like a great idea too xD

Dude I just remembered I have geforce now beta access on one of my nvidia account. Time to start hacking

8 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Last year they were up to around 14M PPD just from the Titan Vs from 6 Editors 1 PC build.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

9 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

50M? that's it? Think about how many titans Linus has.

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

It is long enough ago I can't remember exactly, but didn't they do a GPU mining rig at some point? Probably long taken apart, but might be time to revisit it...

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

4 minutes ago, TensorVortex said:

Dude I just remembered I have geforce now beta access on one of my nvidia account. Time to start hacking

Well, I can't condone doing anything to their service that they wouldn't be ok with, but provided you can make it work within those conditions, it could be a fantastic addition :D

4 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Last year they were up to around 14M PPD just from the Titan Vs from 6 Editors 1 PC build.

Wow, so yeah, I am standing by my estimate for sure then.  Might even be more.  I don't really know how much they have though, we see a lot of stuff that they end up sending back, although I'd expect there's at least one flagship, along with the tier down, and down from that from each generation going back years, so that's a 2080 Ti, 2080, 2080 super, 1080 ti, 1080, etc. as well.

2 minutes ago, porina said:

It is long enough ago I can't remember exactly, but didn't they do a GPU mining rig at some point? Probably long taken apart, but might be time to revisit it...

Yeah I was thinking about that as well, everything they used in it could be repurposed

IMG_20191002_233044.thumb.jpg.ecb70080f35530305ff75af54b9cb50a.jpg

1060 added temporarily on one of the benching systems.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

6 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Last year I stayed in 15th with an average PPD of about 1.5M. We will have to see if I can even stay in top 20 this year, RTX cards are so powerful....

Yeah kinda crazy that a $350 card gets nearly the same performance of my last gen $800 card. (2060 vs 1080ti)

6 hours ago, Gorgon said:

Wait until I post on my daily driver housed in a node 804

NODE-804-BL_3.thumb.jpg.d87a42597d4ea3197d8b5739d66a1cc4.jpg

Haswell Xeon, 32GB ECC, NAS drives in RAID 10 on a LSI Controller ...

6 hours ago, Den-Fi said:

No one:

Gorgon:

image.png.7c1fd30c26fcb5de61a6beefa62fd25b.png

^ me watching @Gorgon talk about a LSI controller running raid 10 in a node 804

46 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

No.

I am.

I definitely am.

Its ok we haven't posted a real stats update yet so you can tell yourself your in whatever place you need to be... until you go and cause a 2080ti shortage.

Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

2 minutes ago, palespartan said:

Its ok we haven't posted a real stats update yet

Urm...

I just forgot to link it, people should probably follow that blog 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

5 mins till the update guys, get ready to smash EOC 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

damn i really don't even think I'm top 200 anymore lol, next year'll be better for me I think tho lol

Just now, Nathans nonsense said:

damn i really don't even think I'm top 200 anymore lol, next year'll be better for me I think tho lol

You were 137 24 hours ago

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

One more day of 90+ F (32 C) outside.  The high on Friday is 68 (20)!  I lost 13 Mhz from a 3 degree card temp increase.

Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

Just now, Corrupt_Liberty said:

One more day of 90+ F (32 C) outside.  The high on Friday is 68 (20)!  I lost 13 Mhz from a 3 degree card temp increase.

my cards on water are cruising along at 48C (1080) and 52C (1080ti) 

Dont ask about foldatron though... I feel like I need a fire extinguisher up there 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Wow, so yeah, I am standing by my estimate for sure then.  Might even be more.  I don't really know how much they have though, we see a lot of stuff that they end up sending back, although I'd expect there's at least one flagship, along with the tier down, and down from that from each generation going back years, so that's a 2080 Ti, 2080, 2080 super, 1080 ti, 1080, etc. as well.

Don't forget there's about a dozen RTX2070 cards in the Gaming Folding Lounge. That's good for another 15M PPD.

The editing rigs used to have Titan X (pascal) cards in them which would be about 1.3-1.5M PPD each for about 8-9M PPD total for all the editing rigs, but I think they've been upgraded? RTX2080Tis maybe? I know Linus did a video showing that editing 8k videos was better on the RTX2080Ti but I can't remember if they updated the editors PCs. If so that's probably almost 15M PPD across all of the editing rigs.

Let's say the writers and other "upstairs" peeps have at least a 1070Ti in their system. Another... 5M?

6x Titan Vs = 14M (from Jake's production last year)
12x RTX2070 = 15M
6x 2080Tis in editing rigs??? = 15M
Upstairs peeps = 5-10M

That's 50M without even going through the rest of the warehouse stock.

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Don't forget there's about a dozen RTX2070 cards in the Gaming Folding Lounge. That's good for another 15M PPD.

The editing rigs used to have Titan X (pascal) cards in them which would be about 1.3-1.5M PPD each for about 8-9M PPD total for all the editing rigs, but I think they've been upgraded? RTX2080Tis maybe? I know Linus did a video showing that editing 8k videos was better on the RTX2080Ti but I can't remember if they updated the editors PCs. If so that's probably almost 15M PPD across all of the editing rigs.

Let's say the writers and other "upstairs" peeps have at least a 1070Ti in their system. Another... 5M?

6x Titan Vs = 14M (from Jake's production last year)
12x RTX2070 = 15M
6x 2080Tis in editing rigs??? = 15M
Upstairs peeps = 5-10M

That's 50M without even going through the rest of the warehouse stock.

Good points.  Although, I would expect they won't want to hamper existing work machines like the editing computers.  I was thinking just of the stuff that's no otherwise in use.

according to the last update we are the highest producing team, if everything stayed the same as the last 3 hourly update we would produce 56m more than curecoin every 24 hours, but we still have more in the tank, fold on ladles and gentlespoons, the time for the orange banner has come.  

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240