Have you ever owned an Apple device?

dizmo

The Real Question  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever owned an Apple product?

• Yes
    • No

My first apple device was an iphone 3 passed down from my dad. I did lots of stuff with it including jailbreaking and installing all kinds of themes, even a windows mobile one.... I thought it was hilarious at the time ? I was also quite a nerd lol. Since then it's basically always been iphones for me: 4, 4s, 5, 7 <-- still using this

in 2012 i got a macbook pro (no retina) and that's still my main computer for uni and everything.  

I also have my dad's old Ipad 2 lying around somewhere but that thing is shit and basically useless nowadays :/ 

What I like the most is the simplicity of using the handoff feature for web browsing (works flawless) and the easy file transfer with airdrop between my phone and laptop and other people's macs

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

Owned a lot of apple products. but moved away again.

quite fun actually, my very first apple product was an Ipod with the old mechanical wheel, the first windows version. remember having a diamond rio MP3 player with 64MB of storage, that Apple device were ground breaking.  loved it. and still have it.. think it has a micro drive inside.  (mechanical drive)

i were Thinkpad pc user at the time.

then i got a IPOD Touch when it was new, AWESOME product, my wife had a shuffle. got the 3G iphone, 4, 5, 7,X (the last 2 company phones)

Had a couple of airport express, to cast music in the younger days. 

and a early router, since the first i tried that actually were stable

bought my first macbook pro 15inch unibody, with dual GPU think it was 8400m/8600gt or 9400m/9600gt 

that is still working 9 year since...  that exchange a long lasting love for Thinkpads, which i still have, today the only apple product i use in everyday life, is my company phone an Apple X... but use carplay a lot, so it´s fine, if i had a private phone, i might have gone android. but not sure.

I have a MacBook air and wouldn't trade this pc for anything. It works great, had no problems with it so far and the service for apple is amazing. These guys definitely know what they are doing.

Everything in our house is Apple except my gaming rig. I am not the target market for Apple desktop and laptops.

I have tried other options but overall been underwhelmed or even annoyed. Apple has just worked, integrated and continued.

I won’t go android again after all the bad experiences I have had.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

iPod classic

iPhone 3gs

iPhone 4

iPhone 6s

iPhone 6s+

iPhone 7+

Apple watch series 3 

Airpods

iPhone XS

New iPad Pro 12.9 *soon*

18 hours ago, dizmo said:

So, we all know that Apple isn't the most loved company on the site. However, they do some things extremely well, including personal music players and devices that anyone can catch on to using.

I have a simple question: Have you ever owned an Apple device?

With the amount they've sold, I'm going to assume most of us older users have at some point in time. The youngin's, maybe not so much.

I personally have owned:

iPod Video 60GB Gen 5

iPod Nano 8GB Gen 6

I'd never own a laptop, phone or anything of that nature though.

Mid 30s here and i never have and never will.

Apple hasn't seen a single penny from me. It makes it hard for me to understand how they are so big since I have given thousands to just about every other big tech company, but apple has such a closed off ecosystem that... why would I or anyone else even bother with them?

I have owned many Apple products. iPod shuffle, iPhone SE, iPad Air 1st Gen. I now have iPhone 8, iPad Air 2 64gb, and 2018 13" MacBook Pro w/ Touch Bar. I like Apple products, I am familiar with the ecosystem and am the resident tech expert at my house. haha not much of one, but my family thinks so. I think you could go back and forth all day arguing iOS and macOS vs Android and Windows. Also Mac vs PC. Both sides have valid points but I think saying that one is objectively better than another is so subjective it becomes irrelevant. If it works with your lifestyle, accomplishes the things you need it to, and has value to you, then I think your setup is the right setup. That's my thoughts. I am by no means an Apple fanboy, just someone whose lifestyle is best suited for Apple products. 

I voted no - although I technically have an iphone 4s that a friend was going to toss. I used it maybe twice to test an ios app and then the battery died.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Owned:

iPod mini - received as gift, used for quite a while until I just stopped using portable music in general

Mac Mini (early Intel model) - bought myself, with upgraded ram directly from Apple. I got this to give Apple and MacOS a fair chance. Really didn't get along with it, bootcamped XP onto it and used it for a while before selling on. This was in the era before SSDs and it felt like, even though I got a model with upgraded ram, it was trying to do too much in the background and responsiveness was horrific. Can't see how anyone could have used it in seriousness.

And currently a keeper of an iPhone 8 Plus. It is work provided so I can't say I own it, but if I don't leave before it is replaced I will get to keep it. I specifically asked for this, even thought I'm an stock Android person myself, as the alternative option (Samsung) was IMO worse.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

I have had the following (Age order):

Apple //e

Macintosh Plus

Macintosh Classic II

Macintosh Proforma 600CD

Apple Newton

PowerBook G3 Pismo

iMac G3 (Tray Loading)

iMac G3 (Slot Loading)

iBook G3 Clamshell

iBook G3 White

PowerMac G4

iBook G4

PowerBook G4

iMac G4 15inch

iMac G4 20inch

iMac G5 20inch

iPod Nano 4th Gen

iPhone 2G

iPhone 3G

2008 MacPro

iPhone 3GS

2009 MacBook

iPhone 4

2010 MacBook Pro

iPhone 5

iPhone 5S

2015 MacBook Air

iPhone 6S Plus

Apple Watch Series 0

2017 iMac 5k Retina

iPhone X

Apple AirPods

iPhone XS Max

Apple Watch Series 4

This looks bad doesn't it ?

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

As far as what i've purchased myself, i've had a 2nd gen ipod nano, an iphone 3G, and an iphone 4. My mom had an imac which i often used to put music on my moms 1st gen ipod back in the day.

I've owned a couple iPod Touches, and recently, owned an iPhone 7 Plus, Apple Watch Series 1, and still use my Apple AirPods.

Not every product they make is the best in the market, especially not their phones, but damn their accessories are pretty spot on. I loved my watch and still frequently use my AirPods.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

51 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

Mid 30s here and i never have and never will.

I'll never say never...I'd consider trying them out if they changed a few things.

Their app quality is just so far above what you can get on an Android device.

41 minutes ago, poochyena said:

Apple hasn't seen a single penny from me. It makes it hard for me to understand how they are so big since I have given thousands to just about every other big tech company, but apple has such a closed off ecosystem that... why would I or anyone else even bother with them?

Because you're not the only consumer ;)

The closed off ecosystem lets them control everything within it pretty well, and a lot of people value that. Plus there's Apple's simplicity, which appeals to the majority of consumers. It just works, and that's something that most people value over being able to tweak settings and such.

2 minutes ago, Sousuke said:

I have had the following (Age order):

Apple //e

Macintosh Plus

Macintosh Classic II

Macintosh Proforma 600CD

Apple Newton

PowerBook G3 Pismo

iMac G3 (Tray Loading)

iMac G3 (Slot Loading)

iBook G3 Clamshell

iBook G3 White

PowerMac G4

iBook G4

PowerBook G4

iMac G4 15inch

iMac G4 20inch

iMac G5 20inch

iPod Nano 4th Gen

iPhone 2G

iPhone 3G

2008 MacPro

iPhone 3GS

2009 MacBook

iPhone 4

2010 MacBook Pro

iPhone 5

iPhone 5S

2015 MacBook Air

iPhone 6S Plus

Apple Watch Series 0

2017 iMac 5k Retina

iPhone X

Apple AirPods

iPhone XS Max

Apple Watch Series 4

This looks bad doesn't it ?

You're a beast. @DrMacintosh has a long way to go to catch up to you...perhaps you should change your name to HeadofMedicineMacIntosh ?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

44 minutes ago, Suika said:

I've owned a couple iPod Touches, and recently, owned an iPhone 7 Plus, Apple Watch Series 1, and still use my Apple AirPods.

Not every product they make is the best in the market, especially not their phones, but damn their accessories are pretty spot on. I loved my watch and still frequently use my AirPods.

AirPods are interesting. I'm going to try out RHA's TrueConnect's next year. I'm hoping they're excellent, and don't feel to odd in ear.

And, most importantly, that I don't look stupid.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

My very first Apple device was a smartphone, It was an iPhone 4S and I used this thing for 4 years till it can't keep up with the software updates. It was my very first and my very last, the one and only Apple device I had. Once I go Android, for the firs time, I thought that I should've used Android from the begining..

I hate Apple because that iTunes never let me to be flexible on every PC outside mine that mostly no iTunes there.. And all those restrictions makes me turned off to any Apple devices.. I won't go back to Apple, just once, and that's it!

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

nah man I'm poor

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

It may surprise every one in here but I did own an Apple.

An iPod Touch G3 and after Jailbreak it actually was a very fine device that lasted in my hands for a good couple of years.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

12 hours ago, a7mddiaa said:

airpods

Thankfully I still do not want to know what airpods are.

I-pads

I-phones

I-pods

early gen, old and new.

On 11/19/2018 at 11:16 PM, DrMacintosh said:

iPhone 7 I believe. Still a great phone in 2018. 

can confirm. it still feels pretty fast now. 

She/Her

Had an ipod long ago.

Brother had an iPhone 5S.

Worked with a bunch Macbooks at my old PC servicing job.(essentially what GeekSquad does)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

On 11/20/2018 at 10:58 AM, Arika S said:

i'll be getting an ipad in a couple of days, but up until now, no.

The new ones are super nice, my dad got one a couple weeks ago and I used it for a while. The new display is really quite good. Certainly not iterative. 

I've had a:

iPhone 3GS

iPhone 5

iPhone 6

iPhone 7

iPod Nano 3rd Gen

iPod Touch 2nd Gen 

iPod Touch 4th Gen

iPad 2nd Gen

iPad Pro 13" 2nd Gen

MacBook Pro 13" Late 2011

MacBook Air 13" Mid 2013

MacBook Pro 15" TB Late 2016

Apple TV 3rd Gen 

Apple Magic Mouse 2

Apple AirPods

Apple Watch Series 0

Not actually that much but they accumulate over the years. My favourites by far is the Apple Watch and AirPods - the airpods don't fall out of your ears that easily, in fact I've used the PowerBeats which have the bit that wraps around your ears fall out a lot more. Also used iTunes since forever. Before my MacBook used to be a full on PC guy, but I had been missing out. 

3 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

The new ones are super nice, my dad got one a couple weeks ago and I used it for a while. The new display is really quite good. Certainly not iterative. 

ended up getting the ipad 6, was thinking about a pro, but couldn't really justify the price for my use case and the pro 10.5 had a few issues that made me hesitant 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

All my family member have at least one or more Apple device but me.

And they always ask me inputs their photo and video to PC?