Have you ever owned an Apple device?

dizmo

The Real Question  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever owned an Apple product?

• Yes
    • No

I'd carry an iphone and android if I could. I'd also carry a Macbook and windows laptop if I could. Sadly, Neither is possible. 

1 hour ago, Arika S said:

ended up getting the ipad 6, was thinking about a pro, but couldn't really justify the price for my use case and the pro 10.5 had a few issues that made me hesitant 

most issues are overstated by media as well tho, but consumer chooses the product!

10 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

most issues are overstated by media as well tho, but consumer chooses the product!

true, but it was other using all over the internet stating the same issues (reddit, apple's suport forum, general apple fan forums) etc. and while it's something that would be covered under warranty, it was not a good excuse given the issue. 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I have owned the OG iPod Touch and 2 iPad 2s.

Yes, unfortunately I've had one of these *cough* absolute blasphemous abominations of mankind. 

>macbook  early 2008

>macbook  mid 2007

My current code projects

--------------------------------

• C#/OpenGL ( using OpenTK graphics library API ) KnightsRealm ( unfinished, WIP plan on releasing on steam maybe a mobile port idk ) 2d topdown pixel art based game with medieval themes, sorcery, dragons, open world
  • C++ crypter ( if your into cryptography, I plan on releasing this on my website later :P
  • C#/OpenGL ( OpenGL for UI ) fan/light controller for my room w/ raspberry pi and some mechanical motors and stuff :D

Current repair projects

------------------------------

• My dreadful receiver ( a capacitor blew ) 
  • working on a PC from a client, CPU died within the system, seems like a short, replaced CPU and awaiting payment before I ship it back 
  • my old 1tb sas drive for my NAS, some blemishes or something on the PCB need to clear that back out, if it doesn't work i'll need to scrap it ( already backed up all my stuff thankfully )

If you want any software made, or stuff to be repaired give me an email! 
    mike.fernandez5138699@gmail.com

Let's see...  I have owned 5 or 6 Powerbooks, an iBook, several G3 PowerMacs, several G4 PowerMacs including my last, a MDD G4 OC'd to dual 1.42ghz, 3 PowerMac G5s, 2 Mac Pros, an Apple LaserWriter and a portable Apple inkjet.  I have also owned an Apple iPod gen 3, iPod Shuffles, iPad gen 3, iPhone 4, 4s, 5s, 6 and my current 8 Plus.  I think there was an Apple digital camera in there too, Quicktake?  My first Mac was a Quadra 660av which could record about 20secs of low res video, lol though its rca inputs.

I built a watercooled Mac that was shown at MacWorld in San Fran many years ago (pictured below)

As of today, I only run the iPhone and have moved everything over to Windows cuz, I'd rather build my own thanks.

IMG_0512_1.jpg

On 11/20/2018 at 8:50 AM, dizmo said:

So, we all know that Apple isn't the most loved company on the site. However, they do some things extremely well, including personal music players and devices that anyone can catch on to using.

I have a simple question: Have you ever owned an Apple device?

With the amount they've sold, I'm going to assume most of us older users have at some point in time. The youngin's, maybe not so much.

I personally have owned:

iPod Video 60GB Gen 5

iPod Nano 8GB Gen 6

I'd never own a laptop, phone or anything of that nature though.

Personally? No, those things are far to expensive for me. Have only recently been able to buy some more expensive hardware, and by this point I'm just not willing to spend the cash on an Apple device to go through the inconvenience of porting over all my stuff, as well as dealing with stupid little things I shouldn't have to (eg, lack of headphone jack).

My family, however, have. Dad has run with iphone's for a while know (has the X max right now. On a plan by the way, not outright bought), and m,y brother owns the SE (an iphone I'd actually reccomend myself, only big downside is the screen size, but even that could be an upside to some people).

In terms of software though, I love Apple music. Weird as hell for an android user to use apple music rather than spotify, I know. But spotify had some obnoxious problems on my old phone (to be fair, that thing was garbage), while apple music didn't. Haven't swapped back since. 

Should also note Apple support is noice. Had to contact them due to a bug with payment, awas very happy...although maybe I just had low standards after having to deal with sony support over ps+ :rolleyes:

*I'll not I'm 17 by the way. Fairly young. Mind that, pretty much all of my friends that can afford them use iPhone's, so doubt that's a factor...suppose I'll leave it to only having  a cheap android phone for ages...and, of course, YTers like Linus and forums like these ?

20 minutes ago, N1NJ4W4RR10R said:

Personally? No, those things are far to expensive for me. Have only recently been able to buy some more expensive hardware, and by this point I'm just not willing to spend the cash on an Apple device to go through the inconvenience of porting over all my stuff, as well as dealing with stupid little things I shouldn't have to (eg, lack of headphone jack).

My family, however, have. Dad has run with iphone's for a while know (has the X max right now. On a plan by the way, not outright bought), and m,y brother owns the SE (an iphone I'd actually reccomend myself, only big downside is the screen size, but even that could be an upside to some people).

I don't mind the price I just hate some of the things about the devices...like how they just shit icons all over the home screen with no way to hide them ?

I can't stand phones with 4" screens. They're way, way too small.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

12 minutes ago, Howitz said:

Image result for apple core remover

I was wondering how long that'd take ?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Just now, dizmo said:

I was wondering how long that'd take ?

as soon as i saw the thread, don't worry XD

iPod Nano 3rd generation 

iPod touch 2nd generation

iPhone 3GS

iPhone 4S

OG iPad

iPad 2

iPad 3

iPad Pro 12.9” 2015

MacBook Pro 13” 2009

Apple Ni-MH battery charger 

AirPort Express

Yes, I’m actually pretty deep in the ecosystem 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

iPod Video 

IPod Classic

iPod Nano 7th gen

iPod Touch 6th gen

iPad 2

iPad 3

Loved the iPods to death, would still get another if they ever update the line-up.

iPads were great but go too slow with time.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

5 minutes ago, Raskolnikov said:

iPod Video 

IPod Classic

iPod Nano 7th gen

iPod Touch 6th gen

iPad 2

iPad 3

Loved the iPods to death, would still get another if they ever update the line-up.

iPads were great but go too slow with time.

Agreed. I'd love to see some high capacity models that don't bring major prices with them, and that have some high quality DAC/amp set ups.

Alas, we know that Apple isn't in that game. Luckily there are a lot of smaller companies that are really improving their PMP game.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

I used to own the iPhone 4S, but I lost it....

Sad.... I loved it so much....

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Every iPhone since the iPhone 3G. Unfortunately no original iPhone in Canada. Usually first or second in line every release date too haha.

Current Rig

Thermaltake Tempered Glass Chassis W/ 3 LED Fans
Side Mounted MSI GTX 1070 8GB Armour Edition
Gigabyte Gaming 7 Mobo
KabyLake i7 7700k
Thermaltake AIO Cooler - Dual RGB Fans
Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz
EVGA 750w PSU
500GB Samsung EVO M.2
750GB Crucial SSD
1TB WD HDD
Win 10 Pro

2014 Mac Mini for 2 days. Returned it because it was so much worse than the base Alienware Alpha R1.

2017 MacBook Pro 15".

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Ive gotten them going to recycling usually don't keep them long MacBook sell quite high for minor issues and you can still get a few hundred even completely broken. I had a 27in iMac once but that has a much lower market and shipping is a pita.

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

Only one so far, a 128gb iPhone SE, very happy with it so far!

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

I think Apple is too expensive for all it has to offer.

In my opinion, Apple focuses too much on their looks, and worries less about their specs. (I didn't say that they don't care about specs!)

So that's why I never use Apple devices, and don't own any.

Yes. (I accidentally voted no, If someone can clean my vote so I can re-vote again would be good). 

I had an iPhone 3GS which my Uncle had brought to me (it cost around 90€), but little me dumb and stupid I drowned the phone, submerging it under a rubber made pool (the ones that you can buy and pump them with air, then toss water inside) just because I found it cool to record under water (and also because I've never done it before, as I was just playing with the camera), and the phone died. Other than that the phone was a beast back then. There were no Samsung stuff around, as Apple with their iPhone's were popular, and Samsung wasn't, thus it existed. 

I learned a good lesson, and stuff changed as times progressed. I once wanted to get an iPhone 4 years later, but they were a lot expensive, and Samsung already went popular in my country, so after my dad got a Samsung, I changed my mind and got keen towards Android phones, especially Samsung devices. My dad used a Samsung, which I used later (Gaalxy Ace 4 Star) and that phone not only was great, but it was reasonably priced, unlike iPhone's back then, being just too expensive for my budget (that was one of the reasons I went with Android, especially Samsung and not iPhone). Once my dad got an A3, I got the Ace 4 star, and later on I bought a Galaxy J7 2016 which I still use. 

Times have changed, and so have phones. I've done a lot of bad and weird stuff which I regret, but what happened happened. 

My next device will probably likely be a Chinese device, I will see about that. I'll be discussing around for that, and I'll see. 

I currently own a MacBook Pro 15 inch 2018, iPhone 6s Plus and iPhone 3gs, a MacBook Pro and MacBook 2007, iPod nano 7 and 3, Apple Watch Series 4, Magic Keyboard with Keypad, a thousand Earpods, iPad 1, and an iPod touch.