Here’s why iPhones are better

James
9 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

Because SK, US and european companies won't log and trace all of your personal info /s

That laugh ?

But yea... It's the phone home feature on a few select models that has everyone's panties tied up in a knot right now... Really, what is the Chinese Gov going to do against a 35 year old avg Joe? Blackmail them? Threaten war? Meh... Not happening... You want to see the Chinese Gov in action on US soil, look at google...

Edited by Egg-Roll
Can't type today...

7 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

My S4s board got corroded from dust at work with in a few months... Hence is why I stopped buying top tier phones, it overheating during said ownership is why I refuse to buy another Sammy (along with S3 issues from someone else etc) w/o looking for other options.

That is another reason why IP67 is good, that 6 is for the dust rating...

8 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

I never knew the S5 was IP rated good to know...

Happy to have helped

9 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

I've only had one phone die from water damage, and that was due to a damaged screen (like it was shattered), My stylo 3 Plus goes out in the rain all the time, only issue is the screen, which can still be a issue on IP phones. It does have a silicone rubber case that makes it good for water tightness w/o much bulk but beyond that nothing protects it next to a pocket or a jacket. I do worry about torrential downpour, but for where I live they are rare, and one said storm killed my bluetooth headset (still works wired), phone survived however.

If someone drives and barely walks they 100% don't need a IP phone like how they are today, simply because the likelihood of getting it wet or filled with dust is nearly impossible... 

... You don't know how many close calls I have had with my V20 :/.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

8 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

Because SK, US and european companies won't log and trace all of your personal info /s

I never said that they won't track it, but at least not to the extent of that of Chinese companies, besides Euro, SK, and US companies will have something coming if they improperly use your data. The same can not be said of Chinese companies, and another thing to note is who knows what backdoors may be built into Chinese phones that can be used to fry the device in a conflict.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

4 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

That is another reason why IP67 is good, that 6 is for the dust rating...

Happy to have helped

... You don't know how many close calls I have had with my V20 :/.

Yea sadly my Ion broke and the day it broke was the day I got the S4 (8 months ish away from the S5)

Sadly ARCore doesn't work on it so... No point in trying to find one, but still useful info :)

Isn't the V20 the one with issues of lens glass breaking due to pressure? I'm not saying it's a bad model, it's just I wouldn't want to spend $600+ on a phone just to get it waterlogged after a year of use...

4 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

and another thing to note is who knows what backdoors may be built into Chinese phones that can be used to fry the device in a conflict.

Only software, else we'd know about it threw tear downs etc, but even then we still might know about it now after the call home feature was found out.

Isn't the V20 the one with issues of lens glass breaking due to pressure? I'm not saying it's a bad model, it's just I wouldn't want to spend $600+ on a phone just to get it waterlogged after a year of use...

Only if you scratch the thing, it comes with the equivalent of a screen protector out of the box, and if you throw an Otterbox onto the phone, this is not much of an issue. Also at launch the V20 was a $1000 USD phone.

Only software, else we'd know about it threw tear downs etc, but even then we still might know about it now after the call home feature was found out.

Not necessarily, as China makes almost every component on their boards, it would not be that difficult to hide the tech within other components. But regardless, even if it is software, that is still enough to kill a phone, and compromise your data.

I like the video, but I hate James's decision to use a flamebait title for this thread.

@James Why not use the same title as the video?

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

2 hours ago, aezakmi said:

*iPhone fanboys fighting Android fanboys*

Me, an intellectual with a sony ericsson phone :

original.gif

nah Nokia is where its at fam

13 hours ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

I mean, snowflakes will start a fight from anything. 

Even if Linus never did the video, I guarantee you that all the mindless sheep drones will still be fighting each other. 

Even just mentioning "iPhone" is enough to start a flame war. I really wished people just outgrew it. It's dumb. 

With all that said, I dislike the video title. Definitely on the level of clickbait. Something along the lines of "10 reasons why some people like iPhones" would have been less of that IMO

Ahhh, so did the video used to have the same title as this thread ("Here’s why iPhones are better")?  No wonder the comments are like this!  ?

6 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

No sorry, I was referring to videos from someone else people were posting to defend their argument, which really are just as relevant. Not saying the LTT video was sponsored by Apple at all, but as mentioned it seems like damage control after he got his apple fans upset,which also seem to be alot more vocal than his android fans.

You may think what you will about Linus' motivations for making the video, but if you honestly believe he did it to appease the "apple fanboys", you must have a very low opinion of him.

Linus can only speak for himself, but from what I've seen, here's what happened:

1. He got a Xs for review.

2. He used said Xs.

3. He started to write a review.

4. He ended up not writing a review, but writing a rant complaining about all the things he didn't like about the iPhone Experience

5. He realized that this wasn't an objective review piece, and didn't adequately address all any of the positive things about the iPhone Xs/iOS 12 (because when you review the new iPhone, you're also reviewing the OS)

6. He reached out to the community, BEFORE the review went live on YT, for feedback on what people actually consider when purchasing an iPhone - what do they like, why they chose a specific model, etc.

7. He wrote a complimentary video for the review, featuring things that should have been in the review to begin with

That's my approximate timeline of events and processes.

Yes, everything he said in the iPhone review is true - at least for his experiences. But when you review something, you're supposed to talk about the whole thing - negatives and positives. And anyone who says iOS12/Xs has no positives? They're an anti-apple fanboy, and cannot have reasonable discourse.

The point here is that there are both positives and negatives to the iPhone Xs and iOS12. The initial review was definitely biased towards negatives - even if those were true - and was not a well rounded review because of it.

Linus regularly shits on products he thinks sucks. But the difference is that normally he still addresses all the good things about said product (unless they're total garbage, which obviously isn't the case here).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

22 hours ago, LinusOnLine said:

What flagship android phone is not usable after 6 years? My Sony Xperia Z still works great and gets updates and it is 6 years old now :)

My HTC One M7 after 1 year

My Pixel after 1 year

My work iPhone 6 performs better than both, and I do literally nothing custom on either of them.

4 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

My Pixel after 1 year

My work iPhone 6 performs better than both, and I do literally nothing custom on either of them.

Buy Sony :)

3 hours ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Only if you scratch the thing, it comes with the equivalent of a screen protector out of the box, and if you throw an Otterbox onto the phone, this is not much of an issue. Also at launch the V20 was a $1000 USD phone.

Not necessarily, as China makes almost every component on their boards, it would not be that difficult to hide the tech within other components. But regardless, even if it is software, that is still enough to kill a phone, and compromise your data.

Yea... Forgot the price tag, all I know I didn't get it because it was too costly (got the Stylo 2 Plus instead, nice phone, horrible fingerprint sensor)...

In that case you really shouldn't trust any phone company then including Apple since companies in China can easily be demanded (or shut down) to comply w/o telling their clients... Imagine tomorrow the Chinese Gov goes to Apples factories in China and demands them to put a little chip they designed that works with their iPhones to steal data w/o anyone knowing. Now's a perfect time to put something like that in because everyone who has disassembled said phone has already done it by now.

As for software yea, but stealing data is useless what could they possibly steal? Credit Card info (covered) emails, addresses, maybe bank info (covered, plus main phone company can be sued) etc... Only time stealing data would be beneficial is if they where in the hands of gov officials... When was the last time you saw a official carry around a Chinese phone? Or have they always been with some top tier Sammy/Apple? A more useful reason for either software/hardware implementations is to cripple communication if war was to break out between China and the world... Which is very unlikely to happen considering NK V US. Trump is powerless on closing the trade with China, unless he wants to kill the economy of the US outright, Chinese Gov only needs to sit back and enjoy the show collect their debts and contrats you're not a province of China ? (not likely to happen either btw)

43 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

My Pixel after 1 year

Maybe some sort of optimization happens during each update?

10 minutes ago, LinusOnLine said:

Buy Sony :)

Assuming the UI doesn't slow down the phone...

3 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

Assuming the UI doesn't slow down the phone...

Not much crap on it besides their Stamina software that gives it surprisingly good battery life. They also still update the 6 year old Sony Xperia Z. Am on my third Sony Z model now and my brother has the older ones so that is how I know that they still work great and gets updated.

23 minutes ago, LinusOnLine said:

Not much crap on it besides their Stamina software that gives it surprisingly good battery life. They also still update the 6 year old Sony Xperia Z. Am on my third Sony Z model now and my brother has the older ones so that is how I know that they still work great and gets updated.

Maybe they improved it (or phone power became powerful enough to counter it), but when I had the Ion I found out it was the UI that was crapping on the phone... Animations would lag etc... It was likely hardware caused and too heavy UI for it, but that is still Sony's fault for putting it on the device.

For the short time it worked with the UI I loved the phone, but that UI I had to deal with... I loaded a new one on it and it worked better till it broke :P

2 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

Maybe they improved it (or phone power became powerful enough to counter it), but when I had the Ion I found out it was the UI that was crapping on the phone... Animations would lag etc... It was likely hardware caused and too heavy UI for it, but that is still Sony's fault for putting it on the device.

For the short time it worked with the UI I loved the phone, but that UI I had to deal with... I loaded a new one on it and it worked better till it broke :P

Yea unfortunately they are not exactly shatter proof :) Had to change a few glasses on them :)

I have been using an iPhone 6 for work since 2014. It's still going strong, still dependable, hasn't slowed down (enough to care, that is), and is just a pleasant device to use.

During that same time I've had a couple android phones for personal use, the latest being my HTC 10.

My Motorola got maybe 2 OS/Security updates before being End of Life'd. My HTC has gotten....1? maybe 2, and it is having significant issues w/r/t battery life, performance, noticeable throttling, etc.

My next phone is very likely to be a variant of the iPhone X. Turns out I don't care about headphone jack, SD card, etc missing nearly as much as I care about a $800 phone becoming useless and abandoned within 18 months of purchase. In my experience using both android and ios phones daily for similar tasks, the iPhone is significantly superior.

I fully believe I can use an XS/XR for 4-5 years before feeling a compelling need to upgrade or change, based on how the iPhone 6 has aged for my usage. I cannot say the same for any android phone I've used. I'm sick and tired of buying flagship android phones only for them to be useless and abandoned within 18 months.

oh dont you dare even start this shit .-.

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

15 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Linus regularly shits on products he thinks sucks. But the difference is that normally he still addresses all the good things about said product (unless they're total garbage, which obviously isn't the case here).

My issue with that initial iPhone review wasn't so much that he was negative about it, but that it just came across as one incoherent mess, to the point where I watched it twice and was still going "Um...just what is he talking about?" If he was trying something new for the sake of being different and standing out from the tons of other iPhone review videos already floating around, then I felt he definitely failed terribly. 

I see Linus is still playing Apple can't ever be wrong card after this video...

Hmmm I wonder why that is ? Oh right they got caught months ago doing it for unasked for "battery preservation", and either Italy or France announced banning such practices.... Sammy being accused is new to me, but hey If Apple Can We Can right? ?

video was worthwhile, fucking title was asking for dislikes. 

Should have been 
10 good things about iphone

or 

10 things I actually like about iphone

or something

what I'm saying is it's your fault, your video shouldn't have worn that dress title if it didn't want what it got. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

20 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

Yea... Forgot the price tag, all I know I didn't get it because it was too costly (got the Stylo 2 Plus instead, nice phone, horrible fingerprint sensor)...

In that case you really shouldn't trust any phone company then including Apple since companies in China can easily be demanded (or shut down) to comply w/o telling their clients... Imagine tomorrow the Chinese Gov goes to Apples factories in China and demands them to put a little chip they designed that works with their iPhones to steal data w/o anyone knowing. Now's a perfect time to put something like that in because everyone who has disassembled said phone has already done it by now.

As for software yea, but stealing data is useless what could they possibly steal? Credit Card info (covered) emails, addresses, maybe bank info (covered, plus main phone company can be sued) etc... Only time stealing data would be beneficial is if they where in the hands of gov officials... When was the last time you saw a official carry around a Chinese phone? Or have they always been with some top tier Sammy/Apple? A more useful reason for either software/hardware implementations is to cripple communication if war was to break out between China and the world... Which is very unlikely to happen considering NK V US.

, Chinese Gov only needs to sit back and enjoy the show collect their debts and contrats you're not a province of China ? (not likely to happen either btw)

Which is why I purchased an LG V20 which was made in SK. They could also use your identity to sneak spies into your nation, once again they could cripple your phone,  steal financial data, they could also use the data to find and kill potential adversaries, or some corrupt official could just sell off your data to the highest bidder. Also War between the US and China is quite likely within the near future, even though the negotiations between the US and NK have made notable progress. As China first has the 2020 plan to have their nation ready to take on any other major power by 2020, and the 2049 deadline, which is the 100th anniversary of when the People's Republic of China took control of Mainland China forcing the Republic of China to flee to Taiwan. By this 100th anniversary the Chinese Communist Party (the sole ruling party of the People's Republic of China) has dictated that the People's Republic of China must invade the remaining territories of the Republic of China (the ruling government over the nation/territory that is commonly referred to as Taiwan), now the US has traditionally backed the Republic of China, and has stated that if the Republic of China were to be invaded/attacked, then  the US will retaliate to utmost of their ability. Now as the People's Republic of China is facing a population crisis, which will hit soon, within the next decade soon, so there is a pretty good chance that the within the next 5 years, while the People's Republic of China is at the height of their military power, will attempt the invasion of Taiwan (probably between March and May as this is by far the easiest time of the year to invade, due to prevailing weather conditions). Which will likely result (assuming Trump is still President of the US at the time of this invasion) in Trump deploying the military to the full extent of his power (90 days) conflict arising, the People's Republic of China declaring War on the US, The American Congress declaring war on China, and Global conflict.  Remember, this just a theory, a conspiracy theory. Also do note they US only owes ~1.2 trillion USD.

21 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

Trump is powerless on closing the trade with China, unless he wants to kill the economy of the US outright

That's debatable as the US still has a strong manufacturing base, it's economy is roaring. Probably the US's greatest weakness at this time is it's electronics manufacturing base, which while currently incapable keeping up with demand, it will only take ~5 to 10 years for it to get there, and the US has Silicon Valley which will help it design tech to make it easier to manufacture, in the meantime the US can rely on it's other Asian allies to help it keep up with demand, and slowly reduce it's dependency on Chinese electronic goods.

1 hour ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Which is why I purchased an LG V20 which was made in SK. They could also use your identity to sneak spies into your nation, once again they could cripple your phone,  steal financial data, they could also use the data to find and kill potential adversaries, or some corrupt official could just sell off your data to the highest bidder. Also War between the US and China is quite likely within the near future, even though the negotiations between the US and NK have made notable progress. As China first has the 2020 plan to have their nation ready to take on any other major power by 2020, and the 2049 deadline, which is the 100th anniversary of when the People's Republic of China took control of Mainland China forcing the Republic of China to flee to Taiwan. By this 100th anniversary the Chinese Communist Party (the sole ruling party of the People's Republic of China) has dictated that the People's Republic of China must invade the remaining territories of the Republic of China (the ruling government over the nation/territory that is commonly referred to as Taiwan), now the US has traditionally backed the Republic of China, and has stated that if the Republic of China were to be invaded/attacked, then  the US will retaliate to utmost of their ability. Now as the People's Republic of China is facing a population crisis, which will hit soon, within the next decade soon, so there is a pretty good chance that the within the next 5 years, while the People's Republic of China is at the height of their military power, will attempt the invasion of Taiwan (probably between March and May as this is by far the easiest time of the year to invade, due to prevailing weather conditions). Which will likely result (assuming Trump is still President of the US at the time of this invasion) in Trump deploying the military to the full extent of his power (90 days) conflict arising, the People's Republic of China declaring War on the US, The American Congress declaring war on China, and Global conflict.  Remember, this just a theory, a conspiracy theory. Also do note they US only owes ~1.2 trillion USD.

True, but in order to get your identity you'd have to be fairly careless about your personal info, then again the number of people who carry around their SIN cards here in Canada instead of a safe place at home... I find women are the worst because they seem keep their IDs with their phones using those card slots, all it takes is one person to steal your phone your ID is stolen too... Truth be told most of what you said is fear propaganda caused by the media and military/gov, is it justified? Most of it, because the average person fondles their IDs around like they are dipsticks (put your mind in the gutter for one second)...

Also I understand why China is panicking to be able to be equal power to any nation, because they are a threat, not just to our freedom in other countries, but more so in economics. As a Gov the last thing you want is someone like the US knocking on your door saying "hey bitches, we own you now because we got 5,000 warships armed with nukes surrounding yo ass"... With DT in power I can easily see that happening...

As for your theory, it sounds great and legit to the point it might actually happen up to the point where Trump declares war against China. I don't think it would be smart to start a new WWIII instead send peace troops to lesson bloodshed and help a peaceful outcome.

"Remember, this just a theory, a conspiracy theory." ? I truly wonder how many of us are out there... 

Yes but it's nearly 50% of all debt too, it would severely cripple the US economy if China "collected" the debt.

1 hour ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

That's debatable as the US still has a strong manufacturing base, it's economy is roaring. Probably the US's greatest weakness at this time is it's electronics manufacturing base, which while currently incapable keeping up with demand, it will only take ~5 to 10 years for it to get there, and the US has Silicon Valley which will help it design tech to make it easier to manufacture, in the meantime the US can rely on it's other Asian allies to help it keep up with demand, and slowly reduce it's dependency on Chinese electronic goods.

The problem is not the large manufacturing base, it's the cost structure. If you where to make the iPhone or Sammy Note 8 in the USA you'd likely see the price nearly double and in no way benefit Americans lives (your salaries are not going to double). If Trump was able to close the doors on all incoming goods including from Mexico and Canada the amount of manufacturing power he would have to create in the USA would likely go up 10x easily not including the raw goods needed like ores. What he wants to do it almost impossible in such a short time, maybe in 10-15 to get everything at a stable rate but nothing less than that. Construction times for everything would take at least 5 years and possibly take up valuable land for crops, then you likely hit a snag of not having enough workers which is one thing places like China has no issue of.

Then there is the economics of such things, companies like Apple love their bottom line, if they are forced to move their full production to the USA they would want to keep that profit. That means if their costs go up 100 whole they will pass it on to you, so Trump has to deal with companies like that, and if they are assholes to their clients any regulations that would kill their bottom line what do you think they will do? I would love to buy a American made phone fully sourced locally (possible), but I'm not willing to pay the $5,000 price tag that will likely follow...

26 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

Try but in order to get your identity you'd have to be fairly careless about your personal info, then again the number of people who carry around their SIN cards here in Canada instead of a safe place at home... I find women are the worst because they seem keep their IDs with their phones using those card slots, all it takes is one person to steal your phone your ID is stolen too... Truth be told most of what you said is fear propaganda caused by the media and military/gov, is it justified? Most of it, because the average person fondles their IDs around like they are dipsticks (put your mind in the gutter for one second)...

Also I understand why China is panicking to be able to be equal power to any nation, because they are a threat, not just to our freedom in other countries, but more so in economics. As a Gov the last thing you want is someone like the US knocking on your door saying "hey bitches, we own you now because we got 5,000 warships armed with nukes surrounding yo ass"... With DT in power I can easily see that happening...

As for your theory, it sounds great and legit to the point it might actually happen up to the point where Trump declares war against China. I don't think it would be smart to start a new WWIII instead send peace troops to lesson bloodshed and help a peaceful outcome.

"Remember, this just a theory, a conspiracy theory." ? I truly wonder how many of us are out there... 

Thanks. I won't go much farther in my thoughts on the matter as I don't desire to start a political debate.

Yes but it's nearly 50% of all debt too, it would severely cripple the US economy if China "collected" the debt.

The US Gov' owes ~22 Trillion dollars in over expenditures, ~16 Trillion to their own citizens and corporations, and ~6 trillion to foreign nations of them the 2 most motable nations which own the most of the US debt are  China and Japan, China owns 1.2 Trillion of that debt, another thing to note is as of 2014 US citizens and corps own 750 Billion dollars of Chinese debt, and that number is thought have increased significantly. 

The problem is not the large manufacturing base, it's the cost structure. If you where to make the iPhone or Sammy Note 8 in the USA you'd likely see the price nearly double and in no way benefit Americans lives (your salaries are not going to double). If Trump was able to close the doors on all incoming goods including from Mexico and Canada the amount of manufacturing power he would have to create in the USA would likely go up 10x easily not including the raw goods needed like ores. 

The US has large reserves of ores, as until ~1990 the USA supplied the majority of the world ores until due to cheap Chinese labor (at the time) many of the mines were abandoned, but a good number of them are being brought back to life,  also the manufacturing power in the  US would not need to change that drastically (except in the electronics sector) as a large portion of the current power could be diverted. But the goal of the current administration is not to stop trade with other nations, as Trump recognizes that it is more profitable for him and the US to trade, he just is cracking down on China whom has been stealing foreign tech as a part of the "Made in China 2020 plan" and even before that plan was devised.

Construction times for everything would take at least 5 years and possibly take up valuable land for crops,

The US is a vast nation, it has plenty of open land that would not interfere with crops. 

then you likely hit a snag of not having enough workers which is one thing places like China has no issue of.

Then there is the economics of such things, companies like Apple love their bottom line, if they are forced to move their full production to the USA they would want to keep that profit. That means if their costs go up 100 whole they will pass it on to you, so Trump has to deal with companies like that, and if they are assholes to their clients any regulations that would kill their bottom line what do you think they will do? I would love to buy a American made phone fully sourced locally (possible), but I'm not willing to pay the $5,000 price tag that will likely follow...

There lies an answer!!! Robot!!! (Hey, if it's going to happen may as well make it happen in your nation right?)

1 hour ago, Syntaxvgm said:

video was worthwhile, fucking title was asking for dislikes. 

Should have been 
10 good things about iphone

or 

10 things I actually like about iphone

or something

what I'm saying is it's your fault, your video shouldn't have worn that dress title if it didn't want what it got. 

I can agree with that - the title was oddly worded at best.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

I can agree with that - the title was oddly worded at best.

it was clickbait, and emphasis on the baiting part. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch