Internet Explorer is Number One Browser in the World..........!!!!!!

The battle between the top browsers on the market continues with another round. Market researcher Net Applications revealed new statistics for the month of December 2013,claiming that Internet Explorer continues to be the number one desktop browser worldwide.

I thought most of the users use chrome but surprisingly IE in the top, 

Internet-Explorer-Continues-to-Be-the-Nu

What’s more shocking is that the leading spot is currently held by Internet Explorer 8 with a market share of 20.64 percent, followed by Google Chrome 31 with 12.88 percent. 

Three other Internet Explorer versions come next, namely IE10 with 11.05 percent, IE11 with 10.42 percent, and IE9 with 8.96 percent.

If you’re wondering what happened to Mozilla’s Firefox, version 25 is only sixth in the new charts with 7.48 percent of the market, while Firefox 26 comes next with only 6.60 percent.

Shockingly, Internet Explorer 6.0 continues to be quite a popular choice for many users across the world, as Net Applicationsclaims that no less than 4.43 percent of the desktop computers are still running it right now.

Internet Explorer 6.0 was launched more than 12 years ago as part of the Windows XP operating system and is no longer able to cope with today’s standards.

Source: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Internet-Explorer-Continues-to-Be-the-Number-One-Browser-in-the-World-413007.shtml

Is it usage or simply installations? There was a law suit over this "killer app" being included with windows.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

Is it usage or simply installations?

It says market share, so probably usage

It is because people who don't know anything about computers and use windows just use that.. Also schools  use it allot! 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

I don't understand! All the brainless people out there using IE 8, riddled with tons of toolbars and other shit.

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

If we could uninstall it then it would help, also you have to take in mind that most offices are forced to use IE whether they like it or not. Then there is the bunch of people which dont know any better, they could change if they knew but they are too scared to the mess with the pc because they think they are gonna break something.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Is it usage or simply installations?

I think it'd be closer to 100% if it were installations, if the study doesn't include OSX and Linux that is...

I'm still surprised that this surprises people. No smart person uses IE with the other options out there, but for the time I've spent with websites, most of the views came from IE. It was why making the site work on IE was always the priority. This was a while ago but I'd have been amazed if it changed in the short time that's passed, even if it seems like Chrome/Firefox are overtaking IE.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

a lot of companies require staff to use internet explorer for some reason.

I use chrome when in windows and Safari when in OS X 

firefox is over chrome tho, even if its 2 different versions, but that also shows that IE with its 4 version on that list covered 50%

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

If we could uninstall it then it would help, also you have to take in mind that most offices are forced to use IE whether they like it or not. Then there is the bunch of people which dont know any better, they could change if they knew but they are too scared to the mess with the pc because they think they are gonna break something.

Microsoft got sued a while back for not letting people uninstall IE but they have still not allowed people to uninstall it. It really annoys be for it just being there. I wish I could wipe it completely from my PC.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

do a google search, i just did and found a ton of different tutorials and info on how to remove it.

Microsoft got sued a while back for not letting people uninstall IE but they have still not allowed people to uninstall it. It really annoys be for it just being there. I wish I could wipe it completely from my PC.

It's somewhat possible but with a fair bit of effort. I tried getting rid of it as best as I can since SSD space is too precious for crap like IE to use up:D

As for IE having the biggest market share its because a lot of people don't find a problem with it. It's kind of like with Apple software and products where a lot of people are fine with being in an environment where they can barely do anything but the most essential of tasks.

... they have still not allowed people to uninstall it.

They kind of have...

5BCAeQI.png

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

The majority of computer users don't build their own systems and use Firefox or Chrome. The vast majority buy crapware boxes from a chain store and use IE because it's the default browser for Windows. It's not that difficult to figure out.

Then there is the ass-backwards companies that force their software you use to communicate strictly with IE instead of your default browser and that's a bit annoying. IE doesn't have the biggest share because it's good, it has it because it's bullied onto people to use it.

im sure there is some hax0r that can remove it :P

There is an option to remove it within windows but it's hidden.

And I dispute these numbers because on other places it's definitely not the most popular browser - it goes chrome Firefox ie. I'm on mobile right now but I will update this with a link when I get home

HTTP/2 203

To be fair, the hate towards the Internet Explorer is a bit out-dated. The latest version is a great browser that can compete with the best. And apparently it is the most secure, which would suit the corporate users. 

just removed IE, and media center and media player and such junk :)

It is because people who don't know anything about computers and use windows just use that.. Also schools  use it allot! 

I actually got yelled out back in the day when I installed Firefox on a school computer because I refused to use IE riddled with flashy ads and toolbars. I was like wtf is wrong with you, this is better!

There is an option to remove it within windows but it's hidden.

And I dispute these numbers because on other places it's definitely not the most popular browser - it goes chrome Firefox ie. I'm on mobile right now but I will update this with a link when I get home

yea, did a search and edited my post :)

I actually got yelled out back in the day when I installed Firefox on a school computer because I refused to use IE riddled with flashy ads and toolbars. I was like wtf is wrong with you, this is better!

My school has a note on the wall that says: "Only use Mozilla Firefox"... not kidding

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Same here.. Account got blocked because i downloaded Chrome and Notepad ++ -.-

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

My school has a note on the wall that says: "Only use Mozilla Firefox"... not kidding

At least some schools out there have people who are smart.  :P

Same here.. Account got blocked because i downloaded Chrome and Notepad ++ -.-

I think people who are supposed to be teachers should either be knowledgeable about such things or leave. They have zero business instructing people on matters when they are on par with the computer illiterate parent that claims downloading anything, safe or not, will get the computer a virus. IE has gotten better over the years, but I'm talking about the god awful IE found on XP boxes. That was the worst.