what brands are you loyal to?

Ashleyyyy
1 minute ago, mrchow19910319 said:

yeah. their stuff screams premium. 

not just that, it lasts for years. my 2011 macbook pro is still running great. it's a shame it won't get Mojave though... i'm already looking for a 2012 model to replace it, just because i want the new OS... i'm probably gonna put Linux or something on the 2011 just because it still runs so well. 

She/Her

2 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

not just that, it lasts for years. my 2011 macbook pro is still running great. it's a shame it won't get Mojave though... i'm already looking for a 2012 model to replace it, just because i want the new OS... i'm probably gonna put Linux or something on the 2011 just because it still runs so well. 

2012 non retina macbook pro. put a SSD in it once the warranty expired, runs like new, works perfectly for me for 6 years. sold it for 600 bucks got a new macbook pro,. 

they also have insane resale values. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

EVGA. Warranty's that carry over with the product so second hand users can get support is 10/10 service. Not all of their producst are the best (low ends PSU's) but the warranty for their higher end stuff keeps me firmly planted. 

I have firm biases twoards certain case manufacturers but I am not loyal to any. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

EVGA. Warranty's that carry over with the product so second hand users can get support is 10/10 service. Not all of their producst are the best (low ends PSU's) but the warranty for their higher end stuff keeps me firmly planted. 

I have firm biases twoards certain case manufacturers but I am not loyal to any. Same with HDD's and SSD's 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

4 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

2012 non retina macbook pro. put a SSD in it once the warranty expired, runs like new, works perfectly for me for 6 years. sold it for 600 bucks got a new macbook pro,. 

they also have insane resale values. 

yeah i'm looking for a 13" mid 2012. those are quite cheap here. 

She/Her

@mrchow19910319 i mean theoretically i could use my 2011 until the antivirus doesn't get updates anymore. and that's quite a while. so i'm probably gonna keep using this... a 2012 is tempting though. 

She/Her

Not really loyal to any brands and I'm always willing to look elsewhere for a better product, but Asus motherboards and EVGA GPUs have really treated me well.

Oh, and I buy nothing but WD as far as HDDs go, so yeah, I am actually loyal to them. I've been burned pretty much every time I've used anything else which could just be a bunch of unfortunate coincidences, but oh well.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

I am not loyal to any brands unless they are principled and dont sell out. If they do, they can kiss my money goodbye. 

I am loyal to brands that pay their workers fairly, have ethical business practices, and which dont engage in slavery, predatory, government subsidized dumping schemes that allow them to operate at a loss in order to stifle competition.

Perriferals Logitech 

components MSI & EVGA equally. Western digital for storage 

phones is also Apple. 

Laptops I don’t buy enough of to determine. Prolly dell or MSI as LMG showed off a decent amount of good ones. 

3 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

in what way is it becoming like android? i switched from android to iphone about 2 months ago and i don't think it's much like android...

Cramping bloatware into OS, crippling the performance of devices not meant to run 10 tons of bloatware

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

10 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

what brands are you loyal to? and for what products?

It's tough to be loyal to one brand when there's hundreds to choose from. However, I am loyal to these surprisingly...

TV: Samsung 1080p and Samsung 4k

Monitor: Dell 1080p 60Hz IPS and Dell 1440p 144Hz TN

GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 3GB upgraded to EVGA GTX 1070

CPU: intel i5 planning on upgrading to intel i7

HDD: Toshiba 1TB and added a Toshiba 3TB

Cooler: On stock right now but plan to get and stay loyal to Cryorig.

Case Fans: Staying loyal to Cooler Master.

iPod: Loyal to Apple because they've stayed affordable and long lasting. Easy to use. Went from Nano to a basic iPod that cost like $30.

Tablet: Stayed loyal to Android and Nexus. My Nexus 7 broke so I replaced it with an older model Nexus 7.

iPad: Stayed loyal to Apple. Upgraded from iPad 1 to iPad Air 2.

I'm loyal to companies that I think have good quality products, so based on that

Peripherals : Logitech

Android phones : Huawei

Graphics cards and mobos : MSI

Processors : Intel :P

Seems like there's quite a bit of talk about how brand loyalty is stupid. Even if I could get a Corsair keyboard with RGB and mechanical switches for cheaper than the logitech counterpart, the software might be crappy (which it is imo, you need THEIR void headphones to have equalizer effect on your corsair k70? yeah fuck that, already paid 120 euros for the keyboard) and the switches that they use might not be to my liking. Another thing that bugs me when having different peripherals is that you have to install a driver for every single company. That's one of the other reasons I stick with logitech. If I buy an another logitech keyboard, I don't need to install new drivers to slow down my bootup times, but if I were to buy corsair, steelseries, razer or any other manufacturer, I'd have to install their drivers for just that one keyboard.

When it comes to android phones, Huawei has one of the best prices on the market for the hardware they deliver. Also I like their EMUI that they blatantly copied from apple.

MSI is my choice for motherboards and GPUs because I like their design and they have worked well for me.

Intel is just because my laptop with it's A10 has no battery life and works too well as a room heater.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

3 minutes ago, Underi said:

MSI is my choice for motherboards and GPUs because I like their design and they have worked well for me.

MSI is good at making cool looking products i'll admit that. i've got an MSI R9 290X and that has a very cool look to it. 

She/Her

Great Value from Walmart?
I dunno brand loyalty is kinda dumb

I mean I guess though I'd probably be fairly loyal to delta when I start flying next year.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

the ones that have ultra inflated yet somewhat reasonable prices in my country

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

ASUS probably, also kinda Fractal

Oh and ARCTIC, obviously // @seoz //

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

1 minute ago, seoz said:

You know it.

must... resist... urge... to... make... bad... joke...

Know what? Where you live? Yes, I do indeed. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

shit

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

1. Arctic - Great price to performance and such an underrated company, their coolers are the best in the business next to Noctua.

2. Corsair - The diversity of products they offer is great, their logo is pretty neat too. The product quality again is so great for the money, even if it is a little more expensive. 

3. Asus - Being famous for their technology performance, I love Asus. The reputation they have is what pulled me towards them and I love their product quality so much.

Just a bonus, a brand I will avoid is Cooler Master. Their products look garbage, their name is garbage, and they're simply not a brand I will ever buy from again.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

15 minutes ago, James Evens said:

arctic have some products which are overpriced but most of there products have a good price/performance ratio which make me stick to them.

Which ones are overpriced?

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

Motherboard: Asrock

Graphics Card: EVGA

RAM: GSkill

Phones: Motorola

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

1 hour ago, James Evens said:

Or saves you money. For example arctic have some products which are overpriced but most of there products have a good price/performance ratio which make me stick to them.

For other products the reason why i am loyal to the brand is simpler: they are the only one making this product. For example roccat for the kova (macro button placement on top and mouse size) and ryos (macro keys below the spacebar and left hand friendly).

To most brands i am not loyal and just  buy what is available and is not from a brand or supplier which I have blacklisted for example asus (audio products) or any Microsoft hardware.

A product and a brand are two different things.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Not really loyal to any brand.

Pretty much, if it is at a price point I like and does the job, then I buy it.  After researching about the item first though.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

9 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

you get what you pay for though.. 

Unless it's excessively cheap, too good to be true territory, you don't.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.