what brands are you loyal to?

Ashleyyyy

what brands are you loyal to? and for what products? 

i'm loyal to a few. 

pc peripherals: Corsair

motherboards: Asus

laptops and phones: Apple

and by loyal i don't mean fanboy. just like if i need a motherboard for a pc i will shop for an asus board first, and if i can't find one that has everything i need i will look at other brands.  

She/Her

peripherals: nothing specific

motherboard: asus, same as you

ram: corsair

ssd: intel/samsung

hdd: wd

tv: samsung

ups: cyberpower

fittings: bitspower

blocks: ek

coolant: mayhems

speakers: adam

furniture: ikea

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

mouse: logitech
ram: gskill

ssd: samsung/micron

fans: noctua

hdd: WD

cases: fractal design

thermal paste: IC diamond

bow: hoyt

console: nintendo Kappa

@Enderman @spartaman64 i used to be loyal to WD too but recently i had a external drive fail on me. it had been sitting on my desk doing nothing for a month or 2 and i recently tried tog et some data off of it and it's dead. it won't recognise at all.... it's like 8 months old.... so that kinda made me mad. 

She/Her

motherboard: I want to say 'none', but I seemed to recommend Asrock stuff here quite a lot... maybe that's because I dont value RGB support at all.

RAM: Adata

SSD: Adata when I'm tight on the money, Samsung when I want the fastest and the baddest.

HDD: Toshiba

Keyboard: Steelseries and Logitech

Mechanical switch: Cherry

membrane switch: those on old model M only, I dont give others a [profanity].

case: Corsair

Fans: Corsair and Noctua

CPU cooler: Noctua. Sadly bequiet, thermalright and scythe arent available in my region.

graphics card: Sapphire and EVGA, no they dont make the same GPUs, ever.

laptop: Lenovo for the cheap stuff (so cheap that it cant game at all), never thought of the more premium ones.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Just now, firelighter487 said:

@Enderman @spartaman64 i used to be loyal to WD too but recently i had a external drive fail on me. it had been sitting on my desk doing nothing for a month or 2 and i recently tried tog et some data off of it and it's dead. it won't recognise at all.... it's like 8 months old.... so that kinda made me mad. 

And I had a seagate one that started giving errors less than a year later while a 5 year old WD running 24/7 had no problems.

I think I've come to the conclusion that all HDDs are pretty unreliable and will only be buying SSDs from now on.

Not only have I had SSDs survive PSU failures that killed a whole system (including HDDs), but some have been running 24/7 for over 5 years with no loss of speed and no smart errors.

:)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

mouse: logitech
ram: gskill

ssd: samsung

fans: noctua/ corsair 

hdd: WD

thermal paste: thermal grizzly 

console: playstation

peripherals: corsair 

motherboard: asus

phones: samsung
monitors: acer

cables: cablemod 

overlord: google 

graphics card: Sapphire and EVGA, as said above and for best overclockers on both ends of the spectrum 

i7-8700k @ 5GHz || MSI Z370 Sli Plus || Gigabyte G1 Gaming GeForce GTX 1080 || 250GB 970 EVO NVMe SSD, 250GB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Black HDD, 4TB WD Blue HDD

Corsair Vengeance RGB CL141818 3200Mhz 2x8GB || Corsair Obsidian 500d RGB SE || Corsair H150i || Corsair RM750x || Acer Predator XB241H, Acer G257HL

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

And I had a seagate one that started giving errors less than a year later while a 5 year old WD running 24/7 had no problems.

I think I've come to the conclusion that all HDDs are pretty unreliable and will only be buying SSDs from now on.

Not only have I had SSDs survive PSU failures that killed a whole system (including HDDs), but some have been running 24/7 for over 5 years with no loss of speed and no smart errors.

:)

yea like i have WD drives that are quite old, i'm talking 9 years or older and still work. i almost never use them but they do work. 

i will agree that hdd's are just unreliable. the fact that all my main systems are ssd only is quite nice. the disadvantage is that i don't have a lot of space on them...

She/Her

peripherals: SteelSeries (QcK is the best pad besides GSR which is $50, mice are great, and Arctis series are insanely good sounding, rivaling ~$150usd closed headphones but with a mic and wireless)

RAM: Corsair

Coolers: Noctua/Corsair

HDDs: Nobody

SSDs: Samsung

Laptops: Google (CB Pixel/Pixelbook), Lenovo

Phones: Nokia, formerly OnePlus / Xiaomi

idk

Pc case: Phanteks and Fractal Design

motherboard: Gigabyte

Ram: Patriot

Hdd: WD

SSD: Kingston and Samsung

Fans: noctua

CPU cooler: noctua

Peripherals: Logitech

Phone: Motorola and LG

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

im not really loyal to anything because of the brand itself, the product has to be good.

for example i had a very good experience with my logitech keyboards, bought a none logitech one and got burned hard so now im back to logitech.

Also when my ram broke the free extended warranty covered it without any problems so i bought gskill again.

And for mainboards i often bought gigabyte boards but mostly because they had the features i wanted and not because i prefer gigabyte over other brands.

HDD/SSD: WD

Peripherals: Corsair

Motherboards: ASUS

And nothing else because even the companies I mentioned release crap from time to time.

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

Brand loyalty leads to wasted money.

...so?

She/Her

Just now, NMS said:

And nothing else because even the companies I mentioned release crap from time to time.

yup. i have an asus transformer book that has the most crap wifi card i've ever seen. my macbook gets 30 to 50 megabit (bottlenecked by my 50 megabit connection) on my wifi, and that thing hovers between 3 and 10 megabit...

She/Her

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

So if you're smart then you don't have brand loyalties.

why is brand loyalty stupid? if i buy 3 motherboards by asus and all work fine with no issues why would i then buy something else that's maybe €10 less, when i already trust asus?

She/Her

1 hour ago, firelighter487 said:

what brands are you loyal to?

None

Because that's stupid as you will get ripped off because other companys will have better products for the same price or even lower prices.

So brand loyality is a bad thing and messes up the free market.

You see that in IT the best where people tend to buy from certain manufacturers although the other side has better products or better prices or both.

So I'm loyoal to none, though I avoid certain brands due to bad behaviour and some of those were also convicted for illegal behaviour. 

And others should be looked at by the FTC and fined for their behaviour.

And one of those Companys I'm not sure about buying their shit right now is Nintendo. Because of their copyright protectionism, getting money from Streamers of Nintendo Games (wich also might have caused the WiiU to fail) and now after 30-40 year old ROMs...

If they didn't do the latter, I'd have gotten a Switch this month.

And of course another company that forces me to add payment options to my account to buy certain stuff. Yeah, no. I don't have that with the other 5 or 6 Game Download services, so you won't get it either...

Keeping the Market share in mind and NOT buying from the majority holder makes sense!

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Just now, firelighter487 said:

why is brand loyalty stupid? if i buy 3 motherboards by asus and all work fine with no issues why would i then buy something else that's maybe €10 less, when i already trust asus?

You could do research on models, instead of basing it on the brand. Every brand has made crappy products, and most have made some great ones. If 20 minutes of research can save me €10, then I'll do it.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

I’m not loyal to any brand. I always go for the product that offers the features I want for at a price I can afford. I do have favourite brands though. I like Gigabyte motherboards and graphics cards but I’ve bought Asrock and Asus motherboards and PNY, XFX, Asus and MSI graphics cards, I like pretty much everything Corsair makes, but I’ve bought stuff from Razer, HyperX, DeepCool, Logitech, Coolermaster, Thermaltake, Sasonic, Noctua, Silverstone, Arctic, etc. I like iPhones and MacBooks, but I’ve also bought Motorola, Nokia, Sony and LG phones and HP, Toshiba, MSI and Dell laptops (obviously not all of them where bought for my personal use, or my apartment would be filled to the brim with electronics). 

ZamoRIG 2.0:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.9GHz

Cooling: DeepCool Captain 240 RGB + 2x Corsair ML120 fans

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming x2 

Motherboard: Asrock X370 Gaming K4 

RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 G Skill Ripjaws V Grey @ 2800MHz 

SSDs: 2xPatriot Ignite M.2 240GB

HDD: WD Black 1TB + WD Green 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM750

Case: Corsair Carbide 400C

ZamoRIG “Portable”:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4GHz

Cooling: Corsair H80i 

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350N Gaming WiFi

RAM: 1x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance  @ 2400MHz 

SSD: Patriot Ignite M.2 240GB 

HDD: 2TB 2.5” Seagate HDD 

PSU: Corsair TX650M 

Case: Siverstone SG13

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

You could do research on models, instead of basing it on the brand. Every brand has made crappy products, and most have made some great ones. If 20 minutes of research can save me €10, then I'll do it.

i look at the features i need, and how much i can spend on them. if i then go online and find a board by asus with everything i want in my budget i'll do it. 

20 minutes of looking at loads of boards and stuff isn't worth that small amount of money to me. but hey everyone's different. 

She/Her

4 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

why is brand loyalty stupid?

See my Posting.

Because you can get better products and/or better prices for the same with others.

And in many cases the Brand is overrated.

4 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

if i buy 3 motherboards by asus and all work fine with no issues why would i then buy something else that's maybe €10 less, when i already trust asus?

Because they got better deals, are more efficient or other stuff.
I have bought Boards from all Companys and also Brands you've probably never heard of like Soyo, Soltek, J&W, Aopen and of course at one Time I really liked Epox.

And the Board that pissed me off the most was an ASUS Board. That also lead me to not trust reviewers. Because I got an A7V because of the Review of Tomshardware and how good they talked it...

Anyway, with Motherboards they will all work well at Default, the differences between them all are more on the minor than major side.

And now I have an ASUS X370-F STRIX GAMING and I don't like it that much as it consumes around 20W more than the Biostar X370GT7 I had before that (and the MSI B450I I have right now, that's on the same Level as the BIOSTAR).

The BIOSTAR Board died though but it might be possible that my MX100 killed it.

And as ASUS Is a bit on the more expensive side, you could have gotten a better product from others.

And ASUS is known to be less efficient/consume more if the Power Consumption of Motherboard roundups is measured.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

@Stefan Payne i have 2 Xeon's and 2 power hungry gpu's. the power consumption of my motherboard is the least of my concern... 

like i said, everyone has different things they want from hardware. 

She/Her

Motherboard: Gigabyte/Aorus | MSI

Graphics Card: Gigabyte/Aorus | MSI

Ram: Corsair

Peripherals: Corsair | Logitech

Phones and Tablets: Apple

Graphics Cards: Nvidia

Gaming PC: i7-6700k@4.6GHz w/ Cooler Master ML240L | Aorus Z270X-Gaming 5 | 32GB (4x8) Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 3200 | Aorus GTX 1080 |  Samsung 970 Evo 2TB + Samsung 860 Evo 250GB + Adata SU800 512 GB + Teamgroup CX 1TB + Seagate External 8TB | Aorus AC300W Case | Corsair VS650 650W 80+ White

Peripherals: Red Dragon K555 INDRAH | Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Corsair HS70 Pro Wireless | MSI Optix MAG341CQ 34" (3440x1440p/100hz/G-SYNC), Naxa 43" (4k/60hz)

Other Tech: PS5 | Nintendo Switch | Oculus Rift | iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB | iPad Pro 10.5in 64GB