Cannot Hold Internet Connection Longer Than 30 Seconds

Go to solution Solved by Badeumus,

Followed this and these settings fixed my issue. Wish I had done this before the factory reset ;/

Hi guys my PC has been having serious internet connection issues since this afternoon. I cannot hold a connection longer than 30 seconds before it bricks itself. I run the troubleshooter and it fixes it, for 30 seconds, until it breaks again. When I run the troubleshooter I get the messages:

"The connection between your access point, router, or cable modem and the internet is broken" - Detected

"The default gateway is not available" - Fixed

Disabling and enabling the network adapter instantly fixes the problem for 30 seconds as well. I have done a network reset, I have done a windows reinstall, I have tried manually setting the IP and DNS address. Additionally when it "fixes" itself IVp4 gets connected but IVp6 does not and is always disconnected. This is a new PC I built for myself back in February and my fear is that the motherboard ethernet port is bad from the factory (I noticed I don't always get status lights). New ethernet cable and new router too. Thanks and and yall are going to be definitely more helpful than windows support who said "your internet is broken contact your provider"

Specs

BIOS B650M Pro RS 2.02

Windows 10 64

Ryzen 5 7600

Kingston FURY Beast 16GB (2x8GB) 5600MT/s DDR5 CL36 RGB Desktop Memory Kit of 2 | Infrared Syncing | AMD Expo | Plug N Play | KF556C36BBEAK2-16

GIGABYTE Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCI Express 4.0 ATX Video Card GV-N3060GAMING OC-12GD (rev. 2.0) (LHR)

ASRock B650M PRO RS AM5 AMD B650 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Motherboard

CORSAIR RM750e Fully Modular Low-Noise ATX Power Supply - ATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 Compliant - 105°C-Rated Capacitors - 80 ...

SAMSUNG 980 PRO SSD 1TB, PCIe 4.0 M.2 2280, Speeds Up-to 7,000MB/s Best for High End Computing, Gaming, and Heavy Duty ...

Do you have your drivers downloaded and up to date? Have you tried a different Ethernet cable?

I’m fairly certain if the motherboard doesn’t detect a cable it won’t display status lights. The drivers or cable would be what I’d investigate first.

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU:  Intel Core i7-14700K
CPU Cooler: Deepcool LT720
Motherboard: MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000

Storage 1: Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB

Storage 2: Crucial P3 Plus 4 TB
Video Card: EVGA XC3 ULTRA GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x2)
Monitor Main: MSI G274QPF-QD 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

Hi there, can you please provide the make and model of your NIC and the router, as well as any other network devices that sit between your NIC and router (i.e. access points, repeaters, extenders, etc.) My immediate though is not usually to assume there is a network issue, however I do find it interesting that your default gateway was "not available" There may be a configuration error that can be rectified through the web interface. You can reach your router's web interface by typing [https://<default_gateaway_ipAddress>] into your browser, login credentials are usually found on the manufacturer's sticker on the bottom/ back of the device. I would first initiate a firmware update on your router, then poke around and see if there are any configuration options that might assist you in solving the problem. If you can provide me with the make and model, I can take a look at the documentation and try to help you sort through where to look in the web interface.

Bachelor of Science, Cybersecurity & Networking

AWS CCP | AWS CSA | CCNA | CEH Pro

run sfc /scannow in an admin cmd window.. 

reinstall chipset and network drivers. 

14 hours ago, TylerD321 said:

Do you have your drivers downloaded and up to date? Have you tried a different Ethernet cable?

I’m fairly certain if the motherboard doesn’t detect a cable it won’t display status lights. The drivers or cable would be what I’d investigate first.

I have new cables that I bought and I have swapped them out still no dice. Drivers were updated less than a week ago and in the brief moment I have internet it says they are up to date.

13 hours ago, BINBASH said:

Hi there, can you please provide the make and model of your NIC and the router, as well as any other network devices that sit between your NIC and router (i.e. access points, repeaters, extenders, etc.) My immediate though is not usually to assume there is a network issue, however I do find it interesting that your default gateway was "not available" There may be a configuration error that can be rectified through the web interface. You can reach your router's web interface by typing [https://<default_gateaway_ipAddress>] into your browser, login credentials are usually found on the manufacturer's sticker on the bottom/ back of the device. I would first initiate a firmware update on your router, then poke around and see if there are any configuration options that might assist you in solving the problem. If you can provide me with the make and model, I can take a look at the documentation and try to help you sort through where to look in the web interface.nic

Router get's a firmware update each night at 3am. Trying to access the web interface doesn't work. Router is a DECO x55 and what is a NIC?

4 minutes ago, Badeumus said:

Router get's a firmware update each night at 3am. Trying to access the web interface doesn't work. Router is a DECO x55 and what is a NIC?

A NIC is a Network Interface Card, in other words the Ethernet or Wi-Fi card you are using to connect to your home network. These Deco x55's have the ability to be configured as either Routers or Access Points, my personal preference with devices like these is Access Points, I find that I run into less problems this way and it in no way impacts speed or performance. You can change this setting in the Deco App. If this doesn't solve your issue, attempt accessing the web interface of your ISP router, not the Deco. From there you can follow the suggestions I made earlier.

Bachelor of Science, Cybersecurity & Networking

AWS CCP | AWS CSA | CCNA | CEH Pro

Followed this and these settings fixed my issue. Wish I had done this before the factory reset ;/