Google will now filter out negative news and tell you ‘something good’ if you ask it

matrix07012

Sure I don't mind, as you seem to have to ask for it I think this is a pretty good feature. A lot of good news don't get much attention

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

"Fake news"

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

4 hours ago, matrix07012 said:

Google will now filter out negative news and tell you ‘something good’ if you ask it

I know this is optional, but most people don't search for news actively, but consume it passively and something like this can be dangerous in coddling and numbing people.

5b7ece5113838_Blank_64e30bfde935bafb1225574aeed77fb7.jpg.c455c09b5ce274839f3b47bd0bdfc339.jpg

Sauce: http://archive.fo/LvwVC / https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/22/because-everythings-so-bad-google-will-now-filter-out-negative-news-7870518/

Honestly the news is full of bad new not because there is more bad new than good news in the world but rather that it is better for business. Bad news gets people attention alot easier than good so a system like this is useful to try and combat this practice. Obviously one should keep up with both but this would allow some of the good news the opportunity to see the light of day. 

3 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Honestly the news is full of bad new not because there is more bad new than good news in the world but rather that it is better for business. Bad news gets people attention alot easier than good so a system like this is useful to try and combat this practice. Obviously one should keep up with both but this would allow some of the good news the opportunity to see the light of day. 

Bad news and worse, fake news. Good news doesnt bait people in. 

I honestly dont see how this is a bad thing. Censoring or not, its still better than most garbage headlines. 

41 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Bad news and worse, fake news. Good news doesnt bait people in. 

I honestly dont see how this is a bad thing. Censoring or not, its still better than most garbage headlines. 

Yeah none of the click bait stuff where they say "find out how chocolate might kill you. Tonight at 6". Honestly I just don't watch the new because it is always bad. I have never opened up the news to a story about something cool or interesting. That's part of the reason why I like tech news. Less garbage tbh. 

"Ok google please tell me something approved by the SPLC to cheer me up in my deluded echo chamber. Alexa please order another bottle of Soma."

6 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Inch by inch, people become complacent. 

6 hours ago, knightslugger said:

"Would you prefer a lie, or the truth?"

There is good news that are not lies,  in fact there is probably just as much good news out there as bad news, but bad news sells so you rarely hear the good news.   Why is it such a crime for people to want to filter out the over represented bad news every now and then?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

People already ignore many bad issues though, now this will help more :)

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Still, I prefer hearing the real news and happenings around the world. Simply because news gives information that influences and sometimes solves actual problems. I think the best content to filter are those contents that includes false and inaccurate reports.

Jokes aside - this is 100% a totally fine thing for Google to do. Some people just want to listen to/read something that will cheer them up. This will help that.

So, assuming you go looking for good news, it'll give you some.

Otherwise, the rest of the time, you can see all news - including negative news.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Judging by how some people think the world is waaay more unsafe than it really is, this isn't a bad idea.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

When Google just says there is no good news. 

“Security is always excessive until it’s not enough.”

– Robbie Sinclair, Head of Security, NSW Australia 

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?” - Every Tech Rep Ever

If you need help with your build please tag me.

Main PC:

CPU: Ryzen 3 1300x RAM: 8gb ddr4 2666 MT/s Mobo: ASRock A320M HDD: 1tb WD GPU: Gtx 1050ti 4gb

Spoiler

P.s. if you can tell me what reference my location I will follow you. 

Bonus points if you can tell me the names of the people there. 

1 hour ago, Castdeath97 said:

Judging by how some people think the world is waaay more unsafe than it really is, this isn't a bad idea.

i donno. if WWIII starts, i think i want to know about it... even if that means it's bad news.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

1 hour ago, knightslugger said:

i donno. if WWIII starts, i think i want to know about it... even if that means it's bad news.

If WW3 starts, it’ll be all over every news page, Facebook, YouTube, on every TV channel, and you’ll get an alert on your smartphone. 

I think you're safe to ask for some good news now and then. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

6 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

exactly, as I said before bad news is way over represented, this'll probably just bring the balance back a little.   And if people don't believe me you only have to read a few threads here to see how bad news is reveled in (as in people making shit posts and not actually discussing the issue) and good news gets half a page of congratulations at best.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

"Oh Google, Oh Google on my filthy table, tell me the good news when desktop GPU's will be cheaper"

Google: "... ... ... ... ... ..."

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280