New LTT Branding

yolosnail

Do you like it  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like it

• Yay
    • Nay
    • Indifferent

It's not good logo even if you change the colours.

Also, wtf is logo and banner not anything else than the colours the same???!!!!

Banne look much better than the logo.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

1 hour ago, VegetableStu said:

EDIT: I'm kinda trying not to backseat or v-comm this particular design firsthand, since after all someone is on payroll for general design, and honestly if it were me I'd feel like I'm not doing my job too well when everyone starts deciding what colour should the company bicycle shed be ,_,

Eh, most people are being pretty civil about it and actually giving pretty constructive criticism.
Do you have any idea how much money large companies spend on focus groups & testing whenever they even slightly alter a company logo? I don't, but I'm sure it's a lot :D

Edit: I think the distinctive orange logo and orange theme of LTT has been part of the channel for so long that any deviation from it in terms of colour scheme will be a shock to the audience.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

The New logo looks really nice, however I'm not a fan of the new banner, it looks really basic and something that a small shitty channel made when they discovered Photoshop.

9 hours ago, Netivity said:

I like the banner. But I think there is too much going on in the logo.

I’m the opposite; I much prefer the logo.

3 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

I like that it tilts, but still feels a bit simple ._. (half of which ties in to the logotype gripe I personally have)

image.png.1ed9a6ac879e3fa0c67e5d303f2de372.png 17021592_1241602709269505_8744271496063654606_n.jpg

EDIT: I'm kinda trying not to backseat or v-comm this particular design firsthand, since after all someone is on payroll for general design, and honestly if it were me I'd feel like I'm not doing my job too well when everyone starts deciding what colour should the company bicycle shed be ,_,

>.> I just realised thst I sorra faild at what I wqnted to do (aka taking the banner and putting it in the square)

I was in a hurry and need to fix that tonight >.>

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

20 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

LOL we're not on a time trial here o_o

(also did you mean something like these? vE2qzCMs.png FfSMnCK.png or did you want to fill the LTT in?)

Lol ik

But anyway.

Yes I meant the banner.

Whatfor a design principle called repetition.

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

11 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

I can do better give me a min in PS 
Edit
ltt.png.3019b178bc8b4049299949ccb89e0cd1.png
Fuck yea

My text is actually centered. 

edit 2

that was a twitter banner, the alignment makes sense so the avatar doesn't cover it in mobile. 

+1 for the Gangsta Noctua bling

Also pimpdaddy Linus when?

Reminds me of every generic profile picture when you join a new site like Github 

Irish in Vancouver, what's new?

12 hours ago, givingtnt said:

Or this !
image.png.1ed9a6ac879e3fa0c67e5d303f2de372.png

Ooooooo. I like this one.

Untitled.png

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

That new logo is too "modern" and "hipster."

There was nothing wrong with the old logo & it's instantly recognizable. Plain background with the 3 initials of the company in very legible font.

This new one is too complex. 

That show how hard it is to design a good logo. I am sure they are doing their best, but the spacing and ratio of elements in that logo just make it looks very busy despite there are not many things in it.

The banner, though, is fine for its style. If that represent what LMG is going to be. (But it reminds me of lifeinvader HQ in GTA V.)

Loving the new logo, hating the banner 

This new logo is instantly recognizable. Has a nice tech feel to it, resembling a cross-hatch of motherboard traces. The skewing, while radical, I think works. It has a bonus of serving its purpose both as an icon, and a readable (well, not necessarily ideally legible like the precious one) logotype.

But it's not without flaws.

First of all, it's not just a "logo". It's a variation of it created for the purpose of a social media profile pic.

The actual logo should have 3 colors at most, a monocromatic version with no colors at all (thinner lines separating the overlaps), and a safe area.

The colors as they are now don't work in my opinion. I never liked the combination of orange and purple, makes me think of default gradients in Photoshop. Try with some light blue, maybe blue-greenish. Or follow the previous suggestions in this thread.

As for the banner... Yeah, kind of looks like an Adobe illustrator template straight from freepik.com. Or Canva, as someone mentioned. The hexagons are a total mess, and give the impression of an afterthought, as if someone wanted to add an explicit "tech" related element. Not a big fan of the text area with the white background. The design cannot "breathe", feels confined. Just give it white text on the colorful background. And not as bold & big, just big enough for mobile. It's not a roadside billboard. A row of some tasteful icons would make a nice addition instead - maybe borrow the ones from the LTX shirt design?

-----------------

Also, please keep two things in mind:

1. The public opinion always hates rebrandings, because they will judge the aesthetics of the design, and they are sentimental towards the previous branding

2. In graphic design aesthetics don't matter as much as you'd think they do. Function is the most important aspect. You may not like the look of things, at least not initially, but you're going to appreciate it subconsciously. Good design will manipulate you, also subconsciously.

Edited by Neoqueto

New system:

Threadripper 1950X @ 3.8 GHz, ASRock X399 Taichi, 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LED White 3000 MHz, Inno3D GTX 1080 iChiLL X3, Samsung 960 Evo 250 GB, GOODRAM Iridium Pro 250 GB, Crucial M550 256GB, WD Red 1TB, Toshiba 2TB HDD, NZXT H440 White, NZXT Kraken X62, Corsair RM850i, Win 10

Old system:

i7-4930K @ 4.1 GHz, Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3, 4x8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1866 White + Black, Gigabyte GTX 760 2GB, Crucial M550 256GB, WD Red 1TB, NZXT H440 White, Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Corsair CS650M, Win 1

Setup:

Monitors: Dell P2715Q 4K IPS, 2x HP LP2065 IPS 1600x1200

Input: Logitech G610 Orion Black, Func MS-32

Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50X Matte Gray, Logitech 323 2.1, Samson C01U Pro

Mouse pad: Aorus P3X Thunder

I don't think its a good logo. Its hard to read as letters. Its also not great that you can trace a swastika in it.

18 minutes ago, Chett_Manly said:

Its also not great that you can trace a swastika in it.

I never noticed that before, but now I can't unsee it! Thanks!

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

OOh
also, forgot to mention on the banner
I really like it.
xept that tiny basic mistake >.> 
image.png.027de5f2e84a0a98bd248f3cbc89ae8d.png

pls fix

On 8/21/2018 at 10:13 PM, seoz said:

All uppercase makes it look somewhat corporate and to me

maybe because they ARE becoming more corporate?

Ed was talking about this in Honest answers #4, LMG is less mobile now since they became so big and is more corporate as a whole

Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U *insert firetruck picture* :) 

45 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

So I somehow came up with this dumb one:

7PQsnb1.png

• That looks more like a G
  • That vaguely reminds me of Level1 Techs
  • Caution: Headdesk

It looks like Logitech's G-series logo.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

djryudps.png.fdf660faffe208cc218b75345e2433a2.png I decided to give it a go because why not? (powered by MS paint)

I don't think the readability of the letters is good enough though.

3 hours ago, akio123008 said:

djryudps.png.fdf660faffe208cc218b75345e2433a2.png I decided to give it a go because why not? (powered by MS paint)

I don't think the readability of the letters is good enough though.

If you make black blue and orange white, you have Twitter.

7 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

/delete

50028.png

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Made a simple one in paint.net, what do you guys think?

LTT.png

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

16 hours ago, Lloidberg said:

thoughts??

Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 5.21.24 PM.png

So, what do you guys think? Talk more about this one. I'm hereby referring to this one as 'Tide'. What do you guys think of the Tide logo?

Follow me on Twitter at: @edzelyago

6 minutes ago, Edzel Yago said:

So, what do you guys think? Talk more about this one. I'm hereby referring to this one as 'Tide'. What do you guys think of the Tide logo?

It could do with a greyish background, but it's pretty darn good

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I agree with most here, it's a bit too busy, so much stuff can't tell what's going on. . .

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14