Another one bites the dust, Realm Royale player base has dropped by 96% in 2 months

ItsMitch

S: Destructoid.

Fortnite is still the undisputed king of Battle Royales and it seems to have taken another victim, Hi-Rez Studios game, Realm Royale seems to be the next victim in the BR genre. It's playerbase has reportedly dropped from 105'000 2 months ago, to a current misly 5561 24 hour peak. 

Realm-Royale-Peak-Concurrent-Player-Graph-August-2018.gif

Players of RR have taken to steam to express concern over the games state of balance and terms of content it has to offer. The only thing that seems to be keeping this ship afloat is the Keemstar $100'000 tournament which is hosted by Skillshot Entertainment. 

While the remaining player base is hardly a graveyard, it doesn't bode well for the future of Realm Royale. Around 3,000 players are currently active, which is enough to populate a 100 man match, but could spell trouble if the game continues to hemorrhage players. The biggest culprit for this decline seems to be how unbalanced the game is, according to Steam user reviews.

Even taking a quick gander at the steam forums just lists pages upon pages of complaints of balance and that Hi Rez hasn't been listening to it's community on feedback related matters. Personally, I'm not reaaallllllllly surprised that it's dropped this hard. Hi-Rez aren't the best developers in the world, we all know that. It bite them in the ass for not listening to it's community. 

I hated that game from the start, Fortnite is so much better than Realm Royale in my opinion.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

this is why you dont try and force yourself into a genre that already has massive folliowings without any kind of plan. This seems to be the business model of Hi-Rez. create games to capitalize on already hugely popular games.

Smite - League of Legends and DOTA

Paladins - Overwatch

Realm Royale - PubG and Fortnite

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Never heard of this game. . .

Every time I hear "fortnite" I have to try not to cringe. . .

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

This game only launched on June 5th, basically at the start of that chart.  That isn't recent trends, that's its entire history.  Seems to me we can't really say fortnite killed this - it was just DOA.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

This game only launched on June 5th, basically at the start of that chart.  That isn't recent trends, that's its entire history.  Seems to me we can't really say fortnite killed this - it was just DOA.

Yeah, that's pretty much how it is with Online Multiplayer Games...

In the beginning people from other games take a look at it and decide if they like it so they try it out. If they like it they stay, if they don't wich is most of the time, they leave again within a month or two.

So that an online game looses a big bunch of its player base is pretty normal. The question is if the remaining players are enough to keep the game going.

An example of the Past is Star wars the Old Republic.

It started with 30 German Servers, 10 for each type (RP; PVP and PVE) and now there are just three for the whole of Europe...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Be it game good or bad matters not. If it missed the genre hype train from start it will struggle. And also really the saturation of such games and playerbase fragmentation which nobody likes. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

On 8/16/2018 at 8:52 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

It was a hype game, they got a lot of influencers to play it to hype it up. So it got big numbers on it's release but their isn't really anything special about the game to make it's own.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

On 8/16/2018 at 7:00 PM, Arika S said:

Smite - League of Legends and DOTA

Paladins - Overwatch

Realm Royale - PubG and Fortnite

while your point is correct, i think that smite isnt the best example. smite offers a different experience through the perspective of a 3rd person MOBA.

Tribes Ascend for instance is more or less Halo

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

Realm Royale, Radical Heights... those developers have learned something that's been true in the tech world for a while: if you're going to compete with the champion, you can't just be a little bit different or a little bit better, you need a fundamental difference.

Fortnite knocked over PUBG because, similarities notwithstanding, there were dramatic gameplay differences like building and an overall faster game time.  Realm Royale?  Well, it has a class system, but it still ends up playing like every other battle royale shooter you've played.  And it's coming well after Fortnite became entrenched, so that difference wasn't going to be enough to sway people who'd become very familiar.

The game sucks. Seriously, it's a complete ripoff of Fornite. Worse than the Fortnite to PUBG comparison.

*Insert Name* R̶y̶z̶e̶n̶ Intel Build!  https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/748542-insert-name-r̶y̶z̶e̶n̶-intel-build/

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z270X Gaming 5 CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: ASUS STRIX OC GTX 1080 RAM: Corsair Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40F-BK PSU: Corsair CX750M SSD: PNY CS1311 120GB HDD: Seagate Momentum 2.5" 7200RPM 500GB

2 hours ago, Commodus said:

Fortnite knocked over PUBG because, similarities notwithstanding, there were dramatic gameplay differences like building and an overall faster game time

And probably the fact it's made by Epic Games, who have made very good games in the past (GoW) 

The game was not that bad in the beginning, but it was ruined day by day by stupid patches which destroyed balance and stuff like that. it got worse and worse

i think they just hoped to end up with another paladin but were to late this time

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

they once paid a lot of money to get all the famous twitch streamers to play it.

for a few days.... to create hype I think..

then no one cared after that... 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

On 8/17/2018 at 12:50 AM, Nicholatian said:

Fortnite has its axe coming too, and Epic is well aware of this.

Care to elaborate? Sure, the player base will eventually stop growing, recede and stabilize, that doesn't mean fortnite is in any danger of becoming a dead game... unless you know something I don't.

18 hours ago, SC2Mitch said:

And probably the fact it's made by Epic Games, who have made very good games in the past (GoW) 

That and the fact that Epic are actually a competent studio. You can see it in the little things like, you know, the game not being a completely and utterly broken, artistically bankrupt mess.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*