Moderators Anniversary On The Forum

ErykYT3

Windows 10 never fails to dissapoint me.. Either its not being able to load properly into the os.. or on a 2 DAYS FRESH INSTALL fail to load explore.exe properly..

So i have to manually do it myself, sigh.. Maybe windows 11 isnt so bad option after all with just more and more things happening that shouldnt happen xD

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

We look at all areas of the forums as it's our responsibility to ensure things are being done correctly and not breaking the rules etc, so yes.. we look at your test posts as well to ensure this. Even though its out of the public eye, it still falls under the Community Standards. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

7 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

Found a GTX 960 with a little problem I'll have to work on.

how old of a GPU do you think is "meh, not worth my time fixing"??

for me, gtx 960 is pretty much the cut off, anything below 1060 and 970, i probably won't bother to even open them up, unless it's to have fun with them

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 hour ago, Moonzy said:

for me, gtx 960 is pretty much the cut off, anything below 1060 and 970, i probably won't bother to even open them up, unless it's to have fun with them

The last is what matters to me the most.
I like doing this kind of work and if I can I'll fix just about anything, however I will admit it's also based on what it is vs it's application too.
That's where "It too slow and old" comes into play.

This card, if it can be fixed will be for when I run XP on my benching setups when streaming, to give the best possible video quality I can.

A 960 is the last/highest GPU model by Nvidia that's officially supported by XP and it's the cutoff for that OS because of that. A 970 or newer isn't supported by any drivers for that OS so went for it when I found this one.
If it can be fixed I'll probrably use it regardless of OS ran for that purpose. 

If I can find another or something like a 950 or even older I'd probrably get it and toy around with it too.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

8 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

Project of the day/week/month/? here.

Found a GTX 960 with a little problem I'll have to work on.
Believe it or not it actually works but until I can get this fixed it's not useable. Included a pic I found of one like it in good shape so you can have an idea of how bad it is and how much work I'll probrably have to do - And then hope it's fixed instead of truly frying and dying.

I'm glad these older cards still get some love, seen alot of friends graphic cards die off recently, mostly 960/970s 😕

Either from no cleaning or the chips paste being really bad.. Now up to 3 or 4 cards dead last year 😞

2x zotac and 1-2x msi cards 😕

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

9 minutes ago, MultiGamerClub said:

I'm glad these older cards still get some love, seen alot of friends graphic cards die off recently, mostly 960/970s 😕

Either from no cleaning or the chips paste being really bad.. Now up to 3 or 4 cards dead last year 😞

2x zotac and 1-2x msi cards 😕

Well, if you've got any donations to the cause hit me up:
I'll take 'em and "Young Fronkensteen" them back to life, then turn them loose on the village.

1490052517_Itsalive.jpg.216c3589735edb3b7b87be828ec82072.jpg

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana

17 minutes ago, MultiGamerClub said:

I'm glad these older cards still get some love

i have my gtx970 strix on my shelf

i would use it for gaming, the horsepower is still fine(?)

but it lacks some features i want like gsync compatible with freesync monitors, and modern nvenc

havent tried gaming on 1440p on it, though

not even sure if it push 1440p144

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 hours ago, Moonzy said:

I mean it's 1050/RX 560 ballpark, seems fine as a low end. 

56 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

i have my gtx970 strix on my shelf

i would use it for gaming, the horsepower is still fine(?)

but it lacks some features i want like gsync compatible with freesync monitors, and modern nvenc

havent tried gaming on 1440p on it, though

not even sure if it push 1440p144

I gotta say I absolutely love my 980, it's been a gamechanger for raw horsepower in video editing. Does fine in gaming and actually highlights the weakness, my ECC DDR3 isn't great in terms of latency. Main issue is 4gb of VRAM is holding it back a bit. 

And yeah freesync is a feature I would love. 

13 hours ago, Caroline said:

Why can't I delete test posts?

What would be the point? Also because:

No Power Here GIFs | Tenor

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Sneak peek inside the moderator offices.

mod office.gif

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

15 minutes ago, Spotty said:

mod office.gif

Where's the rest of the mods?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

#MuricaParrotGang

The meme thread

All of my image memes are made with GIMP.

My specs are crap but if you are interested:

Spoiler

The meme-making machine - Optiplex 780:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 GHz

GPU: NVidia Quadro FX 580

RAM: 2 GB

SSD: Non-existent

HDD: 1 TB

Laptop: HP 255 G7

CPU: Ryzen 5 3500U

GPU: Radeon Vega 8

RAM: 8 GB

SSD: 500 GB NVMe

31 minutes ago, Spotty said:

mod office.gif

Oh look!

It's LTT's version of FB jail right behind them!

18 minutes ago, Red 🙂 said:

Where's the rest of the mods?

Working from home.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Working from home.

You...don't work from home? (as a mod)

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

mod office.gif

I'll be honest, I thought about posting this gif/interaction and I'm glad I didnt, because yours is better. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I see those bot spam posts today and wanted to put a thank you for getting rid of them asap. Hopefully it subsides and its not mass created accounts and spam. ( I help a security team at my work do this sort of thing lol).

Thank you for all the hard work today.

How it feels.

It Crowd GIF - It Crowd Moss - Discover & Share GIFs

Might be offtopic my apologies.

9 hours ago, GodSeph said:

snow-white-dwarf.gif

10 hours ago, GodSeph said:

How it feels.

Funny you say that. Was my thoughts exactly.

13 hours ago, Spotty said:

mod office.gif

9 hours ago, James Evens said:

The (senior) dog is speedy.

Wasn't me.

10 hours ago, GodSeph said:

I see those bot spam posts today and wanted to put a thank you for getting rid of them asap. Hopefully it subsides and its not mass created accounts and spam. ( I help a security team at my work do this sort of thing lol).

How it feels.

Might be offtopic my apologies.

We try, not always easy and they adapt sometimes really well to get around the protections in place

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card