Moderators Anniversary On The Forum

ErykYT3
Just now, adarw said:

what classes do you have? 

History of rock, 2 papers and a 5 min pres IE another paper

ASL 2-3 min pres

IT- finish a bunch of 1/2 finished labs

all this needs to be done by Tuesday night

Photography, go shoot a series. I'll do that wendsday morning most likely as I need to be up early to get the metrolink/surfliner

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

1 hour ago, GDRRiley said:

History of rock, 2 papers and a 5 min pres IE another paper

that seems a bit too much for a music elective.

IT- finish a bunch of 1/2 finished labs

lol, half finishing stuff is the worse.

Photography, go shoot a series. I'll do that wendsday morning most likely as I need to be up early to get the metrolink/surfliner

make sure to post some here!

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

1 hour ago, adarw said:

that seems a bit too much for a music elective.

had all semester do do them, just waited till the end

1 hour ago, adarw said:

lol, half finishing stuff is the worse.

I just did I all I could understand then stopped

1 hour ago, adarw said:

make sure to post some here!

I will

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

So what's everyone watching on Netflix this weekend?

(aka I don't want to spend 2 hours scrolling through the home page trying to find something to watch)

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

I don't even have Netflix anymore.

I'm still watching Critical Role on youtube. many many many hours of content if you have a good imagination since it's not a very visually heavy show. up to campaign 2 episode 65.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

14 minutes ago, Spotty said:

(aka I don't want to spend 2 hours scrolling through the home page trying to find something to watch)

Don't have netflix here

More Disney kinda guy

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

3 minutes ago, Arika S said:

I don't even have Netflix anymore.

I'm still watching Critical Role on youtube. many many many hours of content if you have a good imagination since it's not a very visually heavy show. up to campaign 2 episode 65.

I've heard of that (probably from you). It's like half a dozen people playing dungeons and dragons and putting it up on youtube. Do you play D&D?

It's good though that you can find something interesting on Youtube that has a bunch of content. These days I spend more time hitting the "Don't recommend this channel to me" button on all the garbage videos that end up in my recommended feed than I do actually watching videos.

I was going to cancel my Amazon Prime subscription since I never watch anything on there but when I went to cancel I realised I was on a 12 month plan and still had like 6 months left. Only works out to be $5/month anyway which is cheaper than the twitch sub that it gives you. Just a shame there's hardly anything worth watching on prime video. New Grand Tour next month France special so that's something to look forward to at least.

Just now, J-from-Nucleon said:

Don't have netflix here

More Disney kinda guy

I don't want to sign up to Disney+ as that's just another streaming service I would need to get. What's good on there though?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

I've heard of that (probably from you). It's like half a dozen people playing dungeons and dragons and putting it up on youtube.

not just random people, Voice actors, so they really get into character. The DM (Matt Mercer, mostly known as McCree from overwatch) is amazing and has been a consultant on various changes to the game and official campaigns.

Do you play D&D?

i do not, never have, but i find the game fascinating, and watching people who really know what they are doing makes it probably more enjoyable then me playing it

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

34 minutes ago, Spotty said:

have you watched F1 drive to survive? I don't like F1 but the politics and behind the scenes are fun

22 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I don't want to sign up to Disney+ as that's just another streaming service I would need to get. What's good on there though?

The Beatles: Get Back just got released there, I believe, I heard it's very good

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

#MuricaParrotGang

The meme thread

All of my image memes are made with GIMP.

My specs are crap but if you are interested:

Spoiler

The meme-making machine - Optiplex 780:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 GHz

GPU: NVidia Quadro FX 580

RAM: 2 GB

SSD: Non-existent

HDD: 1 TB

Laptop: HP 255 G7

CPU: Ryzen 5 3500U

GPU: Radeon Vega 8

RAM: 8 GB

SSD: 500 GB NVMe

12 minutes ago, Arika S said:

i do not, never have, but i find the game fascinating, and watching people who really know what they are doing makes it probably more enjoyable then me playing it

But if you did play D&D what would your character be?

Just now, GDRRiley said:

have you watched F1 drive to survive? I don't like F1 but the politics and behind the scenes are fun

I haven't, but I was looking for some documentary style show just to watch at night before bed so that's definitely going on my list.

I've recently been watching David Attenborough's Our Planet and it's decent but it does get a little too preachy about climate change. I just want to watch weird animals without feeling guilty.

I watched season 2 of tiger king and it definitely landed a bit flat compared to season 1. Either the shock factor was gone or maybe the absence of the tiger king guy really hurt it (he's in it for about 3 minutes total and it's from a really crappy video call from prison). Still kinda interesting to see what happened after the first season, but it is without a doubt trash TV.

But if you did play D&D what would your character be?

without looking at any stats and purely using the knowledge i've gained from watching crit role, probably a Tiefling Rogue

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

39 minutes ago, Spotty said:

What's good on there though?

Well, personally, I'm more into the animated stuff. And just the general backlog of Disney TV shows (that still air on cable, Can you believe that it still exists? /s)

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

11 minutes ago, Arika S said:

without looking at any stats and purely using the knowledge i've gained from watching crit role, probably a Tiefling Rogue

I don't know what that is but now that you've picked your character you're half way there to playing D&D.

If I ever played D&D I'd probably be the dungeon master just so that I could be in control and so nobody could play without me. But I feel like you would actually need to know how to play D&D to be the dungeon master and that's too much effort.

I don't know what that is but now that you've picked your character you're half way there to playing D&D.

Funnily enough it's kind of the reason i got into AIDungeon. it can be played kind of like singleplayer DnD with the right direction and commands.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I miss the sound that played when you got a notification on the forum 😞 So much easier to just have the forum open in the background while doing other stuff and tabbing to it when I hear the ding.

7 minutes ago, J-from-Nucleon said:

Well, personally, I'm more into the animated stuff. And just the general backlog of Disney TV shows (that still air on cable, Can you believe that it still exists? /s)

Pay TV was always super expensive here in Australia and it was just as crap as free to air TV. When I was a kid one of my friends had it and the kids channels were pretty good cause there would always be cartoons playing. I think the only reason to get pay TV in Australia these days is for live sports cause they have a lot of exclusive contracts.

5 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Funnily enough it's kind of the reason i got into AIDungeon. it can be played kind of like singleplayer DnD with the right direction and commands.

If you don't have IRL friends to play D&D with there's probably D&D players on the forum who would be happy for you to play with them. Or reddits and stuff devoted to it.

Also I just tried searching to see if there was a D&D thread on the forum and found your status update talking about Critical Role. I knew I had heard of it before.

17 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Pay TV was always super expensive here in Australia and it was just as crap as free to air TV. When I was a kid one of my friends had it and the kids channels were pretty good cause there would always be cartoons playing. I think the only reason to get pay TV in Australia these days is for live sports cause they have a lot of exclusive contracts.

The only reason I still have Cable is for sports. By the time I pay for all the livestream subscriptions it's way cheaper just to get a basic cable package and the sports channels I want. Just NHL streaming alone is like 30 canadian rubles, never mind getting stuff like golf or NFL. Typically providers here in Canada also give you better deals if you have internet and TV with them as well.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

56 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I miss the sound that played when you got a notification on the forum 😞 So much easier to just have the forum open in the background while doing other stuff and tabbing to it when I hear the ding.

If you allow desktop notifications for the site in the browser you get the OS's dings upon notifications

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

If you don't have IRL friends to play D&D with there's probably D&D players on the forum who would be happy for you to play with them. Or reddits and stuff devoted to it.

Also I just tried searching to see if there was a D&D thread on the forum and found your status update talking about Critical Role. I knew I had heard of it before.

Largely the same here, I just have the basic package here and it's good enough considering I don't watch alot of TV anyway.

And really it's not too different than back when I didn't have cable (Regular broadcast TV), alot of the time there's nothing on so that's the same, the difference is I'm paying for it instead of it being free.

I do spend alot of time here (On the PC) or with one of my gaming consoles to pass the time.
The other day I broke out my old SNES and played a few games to let it run for awhile to be sure it still works.

Just finished playing the computer in a game of "Monopoly" (SNES version) and had a "Sudden Death" game going with all 10 player slots in use, including myself of course.

"Sudden Death" - That's when you start at free parking instead of "Go" with no money - You'd be suprised how difficult that is to do but if you ever survive to reach "Go" you're probrably OK but if not..... Well, you know.
And yes, "Go to Jail" is like a player-magnet when you start.

No doubles rolled to get out of jail, you're done - And you still have to make the round all the way to "Go" to keep going like before if you do get out.
Hit "Luxury Tax", you're done.
Draw a "Chance" or Community Chest" card that makes you pay, you're done.
If someone manages to reach "Go" and then buy a property soneone else behind them lands on (Via auction), all the rest behind them that haven't reached "Go" yet have a chance to hit that property and owe rent  - Once again, you're done.

Most of the players don't make it, if you're lucky 5 or 6 do but it's normally 3 or 4 that do make it out of 10, including the player. 😁

About to switch over to my PS3 and play some "Dragon Age" for a change.
Yeah, it's an EA game but it's one of the titles they made that's actually good. Never played the series before and working on the original and do have the other two here for when I finish this one.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

6 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

"Sudden Death" - That's when you start at free parking instead of "Go" with no money - You'd be suprised how difficult that is to do but if you ever survive to reach "Go" you're probrably OK but if not..... Well, you know.
And yes, "Go to Jail" is like a player-magnet when you start.

That sounds fun ngl.

How much time does it take to complete as compared to the standard game? THat's literally the most important factor for me

14 hours ago, J-from-Nucleon said:

That sounds fun ngl.

How much time does it take to complete as compared to the standard game? THat's literally the most important factor for me

Won't lie - It can last as long as any other game like it since it's only the game-start conditions that's modified, all the rest is normal.
But played like this it's also possible for it to end just as quickly too.

As for those that reach "Go", if I'm the first to make it I normally won't buy a property at auction until at least one other reaches "Go" so there is some competition to be had with all the rest having to make do or die.

You don't have to play it like that if you want, first one to reach "Go" CAN snag some CHEAP properities when these auctions are triggered by the other players but for a real board game I'd have to say no auctions until at least one other makes it so they can get some $$ and provide competition.

However if you land on a property per normal play and you're the only one that's made it to "Go" so far, just buy it - No triggering an auction only to win it with a single dollar - That's just too easy to do.
But you can if you want to.

EDIT:
Forgot to add if there is a player that gets $$ with a "Chance" or Community Chest" card before reaching "Go" I'd have to say it's all fair game because there is no guarantee of what you'd get when you land on one of those. Cards such as "Chairman of the board - Pay each player $50" will kill off a player on the spot and "It's your birthday - Receive $10 from each player" is an instant win to the one that draws it if no one has any money yet.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

5 hours ago, Spotty said:

I have been watching code Geass.

Great anime.

image-20211126_121336.thumb.jpg.f325173079f60659f063b7a222c10e7c.jpg

I was on ep 4 at 1300 ish.

235212716_Screenshot_20211127-0048362.png.aba2d5fe2e38d4f15dd0f23137c5d45a.png

This screenshot even though at 0000 was probably at 2200

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

4 hours ago, Spotty said:

but you see, that's the thing.......i don't like people.

XD

nor would i really be able to commit to it for any real length of time where it would be worth it for me or the group

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

5 hours ago, Spotty said:

Started watching Shadow & Bone last night, but fell asleep. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card