Next gen GPU's will be 11XX series NOT 20XX

AdmiralMeowmix

Given the release of the 4K 144hz monitor in the next month or two. You have to bet nvidia are expecting this new line up to run at 4K 150fps. That’s a big jump from a 1080ti. That’s one way to corner a market. You want 4K 144, nvidia will be your only option. AMD won’t have a Vega that can run that fast for a while...

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

2 minutes ago, Maticks said:

You want 4K 144, nvidia will be your only option. AMD won’t have a Vega that can run that fast for a while...

I've never seen a company cater so hard to a singlular customer so hard in my life.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

ahah! nvidia can now claim they're "up to 11"

Clever, very clever....

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

oh my god! who the hell cares?!

it's just a number! 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 hour ago, FloRolf said:

Can we just call It the 'xX360 noscopeXx '-Series? With model numbers reaching from 1 to 5 for low end models and 1337 and 9001 for elite haxXx0r cards? 

I think AMD would win the naming contest they'd probably retort with their flagships being AMDorito for the air cooled version, and AMDew for the watercooled variant.

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

2 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

There was an 800 series, but those didn't make it onto the desktop market and were limited mostly to laptops(don't recall seeing them in AIOs)

DpQ9YJl.png

The 800 series were also rebranded 700 cards on OEM desktops as well. Which is completely useless information. :D

Going 11x0 makes complete sense, since NVidia has used increments of 100 for many years now. With Etherium crapping its pants, the GPU market might return to normal soon. With some nice GPU's on the way, it looks good for us gamers soon (ok, ram is still stupid, but CPU's are great and SSD's are returning to normal).

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

2 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

8xx series was released for mobile.

wasn't it just a kepler rebrand though?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

wasn't it just a kepler rebrand though?

Kepler tweak and rebrand, and I believe the introduction of Maxwell

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 hour ago, Drak3 said:

Kepler tweak and rebrand, and I believe the introduction of Maxwell

Maxwell was introduced with the 750 Ti.

Better edit the topic title to be more specific: 'next gen Nvidia GPUs'.

Anyway I would have preferred gtx 2060, 2070 etc personally. Better ring to it and Less chance of confusion to the typical consumer. But no big deal I guess...

Think of the most obscure thing you can place behind 11 and that will probably be the names. Hardware manufacturers aren't known for coming up with logical names. At least nvidia is a tad better than AMD and Intel. 

I was seriously wondering where people kept getting "20xx0". It doesn't really make any sense.
Though I half expected name scheme shift, like we saw when they went from the GeFore 9 series, to the GTX 200

Side note: Was anyone else confused by/disliked the older naming scheme? With the 'GS', 'GT', 'GTS', 'GTX', and 'Ultra'. - Personally I always started tripping on my words, and friends would always get confused on those words vs numbers like 30,50,70 exc

5 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Hmm that makes sense, Nvidia's always gone with a naming scheme of adding 100 to the name of their previous cards, which is why we have the 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, etc series cards. Rolling from 10 to 11 would fit in better, but I'll be concerned when their generation after the 11 series releases since 12 or 13 wouldn't fit in that well IMO.

Personally, I think they should've gone with 20.

Although what the heck, going with 11 gives them more time before they run out of numbers so that's bonus.

Well 12 sounds alright but 13 sounds like shit though. But its not like going with 20 is much better

twenty eighty, thirty eighty,etc

It just doesnt feel right

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

1 hour ago, ouroesa said:

Think of the most obscure thing you can place behind 11 and that will probably be the names. Hardware manufacturers aren't known for coming up with logical names. At least nvidia is a tad better than AMD and Intel. 

I can certainly say I prefer the architecture being named after famous scientists.  Island names just don't have the same edge.

I think AMD should start naming their cards after great inventors.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1337

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

8 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Or the majority of tech "enthusiasts."

... 7, 8, 9, 10...

uh, what goes after 10? come on guys, i need some help here!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

9 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Or the majority of tech "enthusiasts."

I really don't know who actually expected them to release a 20xx series lol. 

They'll do what AMD does. GTX 11 or GTX 12 I bet. Sort of like Vega 56 or Vega 64.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

everyone who told me it's 2000 series

and i kept on insisting novideo can count to 11.. 1180ti hype!

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

I don't care how they name it.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

6 hours ago, Notional said:

DpQ9YJl.png

The 800 series were also rebranded 700 cards on OEM desktops as well. Which is completely useless information. :D

Going 11x0 makes complete sense, since NVidia has used increments of 100 for many years now. With Etherium crapping its pants, the GPU market might return to normal soon. With some nice GPU's on the way, it looks good for us gamers soon (ok, ram is still stupid, but CPU's are great and SSD's are returning to normal).

Same goes for the 100 series more or less. So Nvidia has learned to count?!

4 minutes ago, Cheezdoodlez said:

Same goes for the 100 series more or less. So Nvidia has learned to count?!

Well, they certainly counted on the vendors to accept their bs GPP.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro