Show off your old and retro computer parts

Message added by SansVarnic,

When posting with quotes, please be sure to exclude/remove/snip any photos from the quote to help with load times for slower internet connections.

Thank you,

Moderation Team

You mean, giving them to me, right???  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

use them all for PhsyX

My friend has a Windows 98 computer with a golf sim that I know still works. Might give him a 9800GT to take full advantage of that 512mb of vram power.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

My friend has a Windows 98 computer with a golf sim that I know still works. Might give him a 9800GT to take full advantage of that 512mb of vram power.

I have 2 98 PCs going on 3. :P

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I've found an old beauty. Back in the days I had to replace it with a FX 5500 to play Lego Star Wars...

Asus AGP 7100

The PCb says it's a Asus AGP-V7100 with 32 MB-SDRAM! 

"The human body is nothing to be ashamed of, unless you have... insecurities." - Oleg Kirrlov

Couple of projects I'm still working on, both of these will become tiny little gaming PCs:

attachicon.gifWP_20150812_11_39_17_Pro.jpg

The Atari 2600 on the right is so old my mom doesn't even know what it is.

Atari <3  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

Atari <3  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

I am making it into a G3258/750Ti build or a 7870K build. The problem is that if take it with me anywhere, no one (at least not as many people as the NES) has any idea what it is. I like the Atari much better though, the build quality is phenomonal, the plastic casing is like 1/2" thick, even at the thinnest parts. The casing alone like I have it weighs almost 5 pounds.

Edit: I still have the functioning internals of the NES, but the Atari was given to me by my soon to be brother in law (who works at Google which I think is pretty cool) to be fixed but he let me turn it into a PC.

I think its sad that people would butcher old consoles to put PCs into, that's what cases are for. Why not just get some games to play on them?

That's just me though. the tiny old man inside of me just came out. gonna put him back now.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

I have a few Pentium 4's,an ATI GPU,512 mb of rdramm. Got all of that from my uncles old PC.  

(i was born in this century) 

• 1 month later...

8523.jpg

Any of you feelin me?

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

Cerca 2005-07?

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

---gone---

Any of you feelin me?

Why would we be "fellin you"....man to man is so unjust!

dat colour matching tho

This was s time before tech guys have any sort of color coordination.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Looks like when I started taking an interest in modding, 2002-2004 ish. Quite the horrible times when it comes to aesthetics.

Why would we be "fellin you"....man to man is so unjust!

This was s time before tech guys have any sort of color coordination.

ik. it was sarcasm.

I've got an AMD sempron 145 lying around, along with some GOLDEN ddr2 HyperX DDR2 gaming RAM and some other stuff...

got 8088 in the garage, and 386 in the closet lol, and an old tower , dont know whats in it , that my current tower sits on.

Here's a small collection of some of my floppy disks, a random IDE cable, and the Pentium 2 cartridge processor out of the first computer I ever got to use.

RetroParts.jpg

Yes the PII cartridge, i used to have one lying around but it got thrown away.  

I got a few floppy disks laying around... An we HAD an old Apple G2 desktop... If anyone remembers those. I have 2 laptops from toshiba (like the first series they ever made)

"I don't try to be smart, I try to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, only one asked "why?""

Couple of projects I'm still working on, both of these will become tiny little gaming PCs:

attachicon.gifWP_20150812_11_39_17_Pro.jpg

The Atari 2600 on the right is so old my mom doesn't even know what it is.

Dude, me (and my grandpa) both have those exact same systems... We also got a PS1 and PS2... and the first gamecube (like zelda four swords series)

"I don't try to be smart, I try to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, only one asked "why?""

Ignoring the general stuff that has been posted here already (AM2 motherboards and CPU's) I still own a full set of GEiL Black Dragon RAM with the back then unmatched Micron D9 chips on them (they were the shizzle to have if you wanted to OC your RAM):

GEiL%20Black%20Dragon%201GB%20DDR2%20800

And I got a set of Thermalright HR-07 RAM coolers on them:

Thermalright%20HR7_zps3yr67sqc.jpg

Ignoring the general stuff that has been posted here already (AM2 motherboards and CPU's) I still own a full set of GEiL Black Dragon RAM with the back then unmatched Micron D9 chips on them (they were the shizzle to have if you wanted to OC your RAM):

GEiL%20Black%20Dragon%201GB%20DDR2%20800

And I got a set of Thermalright HR-07 RAM coolers on them:

Thermalright%20HR7_zps3yr67sqc.jpg

I need heatsinks like that for my good SDRAM-it hits 154MHz stable for 1 benchmark before overheating.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I need heatsinks like that for my good SDRAM-it hits 154MHz stable for 1 benchmark before overheating.

These ones can / could run stable between 1100 and 1200Mhz which is really good for 800Mhz rated ram, of course the timings would suffer tho and you needed a pretty high voltage. :P

These ones can / could run stable between 1100 and 1200Mhz which is really good for 800Mhz rated ram, of course the timings would suffer tho and you needed a pretty high voltage. :P

That is a lot better than my HyperX and XMS sticks. However they don't actually need that much voltage to run at stock-I was able to downvolt them with no problems (DDR2 800 and 1066 respectively). And my DDR2 800 Team Xtreem Dark 2GB kit manages 1066 on stock voltages.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

All this talk of overclocking RAM and my M2N-SLI Deluxe refuses to overclock my Athlon 7850 X2 BE. :/

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

That is a lot better than my HyperX and XMS sticks. However they don't actually need that much voltage to run at stock-I was able to downvolt them with no problems (DDR2 800 and 1066 respectively). And my DDR2 800 Team Xtreem Dark 2GB kit manages 1066 on stock voltages.

Yeah downvolting them on stock speeds was easy.

All this talk of overclocking RAM and my M2N-SLI Deluxe refuses to overclock my Athlon 7850 X2 BE. :/

I had the same board with a X2 6000+, getting a 100Mhz OC going was near impossible which was a shame but no surprise as the CPU wasn't known for it's OC potential.