Show off your old and retro computer parts

Message added by SansVarnic,

When posting with quotes, please be sure to exclude/remove/snip any photos from the quote to help with load times for slower internet connections.

Thank you,

Moderation Team

I have a pentium D I will not upload a pic of because I don't want to touch that nasty abomination.

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

I have a pentium D I will not upload a pic of because I don't want to touch that nasty abomination.

Its not as bad as a Pentium 4.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Also, I found these 2.

attachicon.gifPhoto0729a.jpg

Why would you run windows 95 on that...it's it's 486 it sounds torturous

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Why would you run windows 95 on that...it's it's 486 it sounds torturous

Think of it this way, I could use my AMD 386 DX-40 with 4MB RAM and my 85MB HDD with no problems at all. (In reality I'd use 8MB-4MB is just to make a point).

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/138349

And I've got one of the Microsoft mice that is mentioned. Thank god for Page up/down, Home and End on keyboards.

PMSL

Yeah I've just had really bad experiences with Pentium CPUs.

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

I have a pile of old computer parts back at home. A friend told me she had some computer parts she thought I might like and that she would drop them off for me. As it turns out, she had a ton of IDE drives and numerous 256MB and 512MB things of RAM. The case she crammed it all into was pretty neat looking, though. I'll have to see if we still have it when I get home.

QUOTE when replying to others / Quality over Quantity in your posts / Avoid ambiguous topic titles

Desktop: "Shockwave" Core i7-5820K / GTX 970 SSC / ASUS X99 Deluxe / 16GB DDR4 / 120GB Samsung 850 EVO / 2TB WD Black Caviar
Laptop:  "Archippos"  Dell XPS 15:  Core i7-7700HQ  /  GTX 1050  /  16GB DDR4  /  512GB NVMe PCI-E SSD

I have a whole vintage computer Collection. I will put pictures on later.

Pent D was 2 Pent 4 dies under the same IHS. 

Speaking of Pent 4, I'm using 2 of their xeon counterparts in my main rig :(

I can't edit photos or videos effectively...

Pent D was 2 Pent 4 dies under the same IHS. 

Speaking of Pent 4, I'm using 2 of their xeon counterparts in my main rig :(

I can't edit photos or videos effectively...

I'm using a Pentium M 2GHz in the laptop I'm stuck with right now.

QUOTE when replying to others / Quality over Quantity in your posts / Avoid ambiguous topic titles

Desktop: "Shockwave" Core i7-5820K / GTX 970 SSC / ASUS X99 Deluxe / 16GB DDR4 / 120GB Samsung 850 EVO / 2TB WD Black Caviar
Laptop:  "Archippos"  Dell XPS 15:  Core i7-7700HQ  /  GTX 1050  /  16GB DDR4  /  512GB NVMe PCI-E SSD

Same!

Pent M 1.73 right now. 2gbs RAM

Same!

Lucky, I only have 1GB.

I bought one of those to replace a Pentium M740 (its a Pentium M740)

Same!

And that's the same config as my Asus A3H (I installed the Pentium M740 to upgrade the Celeron M380).

PMSL

I bought one of those to replace a Pentium M740 (its a Pentium M740)

And that's the same config as my Asus A3H (I installed the Pentium M740 to upgrade the Celeron M380).

I found the 1.7 pentium at a friends and got it for free to upgrade the 1.5 celeron that it had. The VIA PN 800 chipset has support for 8gbs of ram but the laptop officially only supports 1 gb. It has 2 dimm slots and 2gb DDR sodimms are expensive so I went with 2 1gb dimms. I'ts actually a pretty quick laptop with a clean XP install. olny thing is the battery is expensive so I'm having to deal with being plugged in all the time.

I found the 1.7 pentium at a friends and got it for free to upgrade the 1.5 celeron that it had. The VIA PN 800 chipset has support for 8gbs of ram but the laptop officially only supports 1 gb. It has 2 dimm slots and 2gb DDR sodimms are expensive so I went with 2 1gb dimms. I'ts actually a pretty quick laptop with a clean XP install. olny thing is the battery is expensive so I'm having to deal with being plugged in all the time.

Your kidding right? The Pentium M740 in the A3H replaced a Celeron M380. And the Intel 910 chipset only supports 2GB DDR2-so I couldn't use my 2 spare 2GB DIMM's inside it. As for the battery-9 years and its 6 cell battery still holds just over 1 hours charge (upgrading to the Pentium M added at least half an hour to it-speed step is so much better than the FSB dropping down to insane levels). 

Edit: BTW, the laptop is proudly stickered for having 512MB DDR2, and USB 2.0 was a big deal with it as well (4x USB 2.0 ports +4x USB 2.0 ports on the expansion card).

PMSL

Your kidding right? The Pentium M740 in the A3H replaced a Celeron M380. And the Intel 910 chipset only supports 2GB DDR2-so I couldn't use my 2 spare 2GB DIMM's inside it. As for the battery-9 years and its 6 cell battery still holds just over 1 hours charge (upgrading to the Pentium M added at least half an hour to it-speed step is so much better than the FSB dropping down to insane levels). 

Edit: BTW, the laptop is proudly stickered for having 512MB DDR2, and USB 2.0 was a big deal with it as well (4x USB 2.0 ports +4x USB 2.0 ports on the expansion card).

Nope, the chipset is very high end and a CLEAN install. it helps that the HDD is pretty fast for the time too. Mine has 3 USB 2.0 ports and no expansion card right now.

My laptop was meant to only hold 512MB, but I suppose the tech guys at my dad's work (which is where this laptop came from, it was used to program PLCs until they banned laptops) decided it needed an upgrade. I can't remember if it uses USB or USB 2.0, though.

What model of Compaq is that? I have an LTE/Lite 425 sitting on my desk back at home running monochrome win95. It's in great condition, aside from missing the brightness/contrast sliders and I don't think the floppy drive works anymore.

What model of Compaq is that? I have an LTE/Lite 425 sitting on my desk back at home running monochrome win95. It's in great condition, aside from missing the brightness/contrast sliders and I don't think the floppy drive works anymore.

mine is a LTE elite 4/50cx

I'll post pics of my DDR2 Xeon server rig in an instance, hold on tight to your pants

attachicon.gifpotato.jpg

This was old when it was made.  <.<  This single core potato Athlon II 170u that was in Otaku[my anime\vg adaptation\martial arts server.]  Replaced with that Phenom II x4 820.  xD  Why was this made?

It couldn't have been too bad...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

attachicon.gifpotato.jpg

This was old when it was made.  <.<  This single core potato Athlon II 170u that was in Otaku[my anime\vg adaptation\martial arts server.]  Replaced with that Phenom II x4 820.  xD  Why was this made?

It would have been made as a cheap, bottom of the line cpu, much like a celeron is nowadays.

It would have been made as a cheap, bottom of the line cpu, much like a celeron is nowadays.

Except for current Celerons can't match the Pentium at the same clock speed (I love seeing my cheap Celeron 300A going toe to toe with a 450MHz Pentium II).

PMSL

Except for current Celerons can't match the Pentium at the same clock speed (I love seeing my cheap Celeron 300A going toe to toe with a 450MHz Pentium II).

That's true. It's still a cheap CPU that doesn't perform well.