Company Creates cheap 3d printable house

Shreyas1

I saw something exactly like that a year or two ago. If I remember correctly it came on a trailer.

Also saw a 3d printed vehicle.

Just wait another 10 or 15 years and see where it goes.

11 hours ago, kokakolia said:

There are parts of the world where people live in simpler ways. These people most likely live in developing countries in "inadequate houses". Building such homes will drastically change their lifestyle into something more North American. But it is debatable whether they will be happier or not. 

Really? How long have you spent in the 3rd world?

I do relatively extensive community work in the rural areas of southern africa. Most houses are worth about $150 of sticks, mud, thatching, and corrogated iron. Water and food are rare. "North American" lifestyles would be a dream to these people, and if you think that people are happier near-starving in tin shacks than in a house with education and basic needs met you're either radically post-modern or just ignorant.

- snip-

my question is, what will happen to the real estate market once something like this becomes mainstream?

will previously hand built houses become extremely valuable? Or undesirable?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

6 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Water and food are rare. "North American" lifestyles would be a dream to these people, and if you think that people are happier near-starving in tin shacks than in a house with education and basic needs met you're either radically post-modern or just ignorant.

Ok but they are still starving with no education...they just live in a different box. 

7 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

I do relatively extensive community work in the rural areas of southern africa. Most houses are worth about $150 of sticks, mud, thatching, and corrogated iron. Water and food are rare. "North American" lifestyles would be a dream to these people, and if you think that people are happier near-starving in tin shacks than in a house with education and basic needs met you're either radically post-modern or just ignorant.

What you said makes absolutely no sense at all. How you came to the conclusion that a house would equate to education and basic needs is beyond me. Just because they get a new house does not mean the aforementioned problems are fixed as well. 

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

my question is, what will happen to the real estate market once something like this becomes mainstream?

will previously hand built houses become extremely valuable? Or undesirable?

These will be less desirable. In order to fasten siding to it to make it look appealing, you'd have to spend considerably more than normal siding. Same with the interior. So your cost savings gets chipped away pretty fast. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

9 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

I have been in a small fishing village in Vietnam. It was just a bunch of flimsy looking shacks on the edge of a muddy river. The tour was suspiciously expensive at around $100 per person. And yes, if you're white you pay more and you pay in USD. Anyways, despite the modest looking shacks the folks there were happy. They weren't working hard at all and they seemed rather healthy. They had a small school, nursery and a tiny shop where they sold the cheapest, thinnest notebooks to stupid white people for $20 a piece. They said "please help our children". I am certain that they could have been living in complete luxury the way these village folk ripped off dumb tourists. Where did the money go??? I am afraid to say gambling or liquor...But I might be cynical that way.

These people looked really poor but they were happy and didn't really want anyone's help. 

13 hours ago, kokakolia said:

I have been in a small fishing village in Vietnam. It was just a bunch of flimsy looking shacks on the edge of a muddy river. The tour was suspiciously expensive at around $100 per person. And yes, if you're white you pay more and you pay in USD. Anyways, despite the modest looking shacks the folks there were happy. They weren't working hard at all and they seemed rather healthy. They had a small school, nursery and a tiny shop where they sold the cheapest, thinnest notebooks to stupid white people for $20 a piece. They said "please help our children". I am certain that they could have been living in complete luxury the way these village folk ripped off dumb tourists. Where did the money go??? I am afraid to say gambling or liquor...But I might be cynical that way.

These people looked really poor but they were happy and didn't really want anyone's help. 

yeah, and you where in a tourist hotspot where they could charge dozens of white people a day to buy shitty books, that doesnt represent most of the third world. Trust me, if most communities could make that kind of bank world poverty wouldn't be an issue. In fact, tourism is really one of the only sources of income for these communities.

- snip-

16 hours ago, dizmo said:

What you said makes absolutely no sense at all. How you came to the conclusion that a house would equate to education and basic needs is beyond me. Just because they get a new house does not mean the aforementioned problems are fixed as well. 

Maybe I wasnt very clear, but I wasn't really talking about the house, more about the "American Lifestyle."

- snip-

Yo, I'll pay them $12,000 for a basement, main floor, and second story and knock down my current house from the 1940's please.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

My entire life is references to TV shows and Memes.

Dell OptiPlex 755, Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3GHz, 4GB DDR2, Windows XP Professional, Office 2003 Pro

9 hours ago, Satisfoxy said:

knock down my current house from the 1940's please.

You think 1940's is old?  I grew up in a house that was mostly from the late 1890's/early 1900's (I say mostly, because there was a newer extension built around the time I was born).  My parents still live there today.

If you really think about it, houses are already 3D printed by hands, laying of bricks or pouring concert. xD

Main System - 2016 13"nTB MBP 256GB

Gaming Rig - 4790K, 16GB RAM, 1080Ti
Monitor - Dell 25" U2515H

K/B & M - Ducky One TKL, Logitech MX Master & G900

Audio - JDS Labs The Element, Aktimate Mini B+, Krix Seismix 3 Mk6, Ultrasone Pro 900

The cheapest method of building is seacans, where they build them out on a factory line, then transport them to the final location.

On 3/15/2018 at 7:34 PM, Jito463 said:

You think 1940's is old?  I grew up in a house that was mostly from the late 1890's/early 1900's (I say mostly, because there was a newer extension built around the time I was born).  My parents still live there today.

It's almost as if when you take care of a structure and keep it maintained, it can present a long service life, despite so many people's obsessions with 'new and shiney'.

inb4 this is how they establish communism 

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

Building a small home like that shouldn't cost 10,000 if labor is mitigated, and if it does then who is going to pay for it? I sure as hell am not. Teach them to mix cement if you want them to have cement housing it would be cheaper to hire some of the locals than it would be to bring a large contraption like that, not faster but certainly cheaper. It would also be cheaper to give them used shipping containers and the means to anchor them, faster too.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

On 3/13/2018 at 6:49 AM, emosun said:

I think that's how long it takes to print , because you can't lay wet cement on top of wet cement without waiting for the previous layer to harden without a form of some kind.

if they made cement houses the old way with forms or cinder blocks , they could build them as fast as they want. as cinder block don't have to dry , and forms don't have to pour in layers you can just pour it all at once.

Did you watch the video and how its layered ? Because it seems like you didn't.

@topic Fuck man that size of house for only 10k? Hell i'd pay em triple (or more) for and have a decently sized house, my wee dream home.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

13 hours ago, Noctus said:

Did you watch the video and how its layered ? Because it seems like you didn't.

you can literally see them having to stop after a few passes to let the previous layers dry before they lay more.

forms and blocks can be done all at once with no stopping.

2 hours ago, emosun said:

you can literally see them having to stop after a few passes to let the previous layers dry before they lay more.

With ample setup, cost, labor, and you have to do that same setup with every house you make. This is a single machine and a handful of people. To be fair its not as over the top as that central spindle 3d house printer. THAT was interesting as heck. This is pretty old school. But it's still its own niche. Those forms and rebar also have to be shipped wherever the houses need to be built. THe printer is the only equipment you need.

Give it another 20 years and like give me heaps of rich-people money... and maybe all my 3d design skills might come to something.
This stuff is awesome. Imagine even just people using sketchfab(for example) to design a home, or many homes. Open source architecture and everything.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

6 hours ago, HalGameGuru said:

THe printer is the only equipment you need.

im sorry do you think this thing just turns air into cement?

perhaps it also just gets the electricity needed to run it from the 4th dimension. 

do some construction work , get some years under your belt.

14 hours ago, emosun said:

im sorry do you think this thing just turns air into cement?

perhaps it also just gets the electricity needed to run it from the 4th dimension. 

do some construction work , get some years under your belt.

ok, if pedantry is your thing. "The 3d printer is the only equipment you need to SHIP TO THE REGION, and you need no forms, rebar, or dozens of crew members." the Concrete is expected to be locally sourced. As for electricity, Are these externally powered or diesel? You need some torque to pump concrete.

On 3/14/2018 at 5:53 AM, Okjoek said:

I like the idea. If only the problem of "stealing jobs" would stop getting in the way of technological advancement of our species. I hate the idea of everyone "needing a job" at this point in time. It's one of those things where I wish humanity could go back to simpler ways of existing without "land ownership" that forces homeless masses into dense population centers.

I digress though. I'm not entirely sure this is actually cheaper than previous forms of prefabrication.

A recurring argument from people who have not considered the enormity of the future of humanity.  The idea that everyone has to work for their money is shaky at best when you consider that the future holds enough resources for everyone to enjoy a small working week and adequate pay to live like a king.

22 hours ago, emosun said:

They are simply trading time for the benefit of not needing to erect form work (which is extra material that pushes the cost out further).

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

3 hours ago, mr moose said:

A recurring argument from people who have not considered the enormity of the future of humanity.  The idea that everyone has to work for their money is shaky at best when you consider that the future holds enough resources for everyone to enjoy a small working week and adequate pay to live like a king.

They are simply trading time for the benefit of not needing to erect form work (which is extra material that pushes the cost out further).

It’s more like all of humanity works to produce services and goods in excess. Yet everyone is poor, well with the exception of the wealthiest people on Earth. The optimist in me thinks that if we abolish money and if we benevolently help each other out, then we shouldn’t work no more than 3 hours a day. And we should eat the best food in the world. However, we’ll have to completely change our lifestyle. And this is where things get hairy, because our society values hard work and consumerism above anything else. We are encouraged to work ourselves sick to afford big things like an Education, a home or an expensive car. Not owning a house with a huge lawn, several cars, the latest smartphone and gigantic TVs is out of the question for most Americans. A lot of developing countries like India and China want a taste of that lifestyle too. So we’re doomed. We are so doomed.

I am sure that sleeping in a dorm room and dining at a community kitchen doesn’t sound as appealing but that could be the reality if we all live on universal income. As a former University student, I think that this lifestyle absolutely rocks. You never have to cook. Cleaning is minimal. Everything is nearby. And you can spend most of your time at Rec centres and libraries. And you can easily get involved in activities with people around you. 

Our society should value culture, health and a sense of sharing and community over hard work, individualism and consumerism. Owning your own stuff is very overrated.