Ubisoft confirms microtransaction for Far Cry 5 , why not.

ItsMitch
20 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

The price of games hasn't changed for a significant time. It being a $60 game isn't a good defense against microtransactions, it's the big reason behind them. If you, or anyone else doesn't want microtransactions to exist, start a petition to get publishers to raise prices and remove them, or just don't buy the damn game.

That still doesn't make it any better when publishers get greedy with microtransactions & lootbox gambling that doubles the cost of a $60 game,either publishers need to charge $80+ instead or be more efficient with game development.

If it's just cosmetic then I don't really care, but I still hate seeing microtransactions in single player games. Terrifies me what they'll do to Elder Scrolls 6

1 hour ago, Blademaster91 said:

either publishers need to charge $80+ instead or be more efficient with game development

Going with the first option, there would be more idiots throwing riots than there are idiots demanding action against lootboxes and paid DLC now.

Going with the second really isn't an option either. Publishers cut or buy developers that have good IP but don't have the profit margin to make publication worth their while, and there is nothing more effective than losing your livelihood.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

9 hours ago, Energycore said:

Are me comfortable with this being the default state? Or are we gonna make some noise!

I mean you don't have to buy those cosmetics and stuff...

It certainly is optional. Truth be told, as far as DLC and stuff, I like how Just Cause 3 did it. More games should take that approach.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

It's ubicrap, there are going to have to be some stella game reviews and not single bad word said about the game before I even consider sending them a cent.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

3 hours ago, Drak3 said:

The price of games hasn't changed for a significant time. It being a $60 game isn't a good defense against microtransactions, it's the big reason behind them. If you, or anyone else doesn't want microtransactions to exist, start a petition to get publishers to raise prices and remove them, or just don't buy the damn game.

Depending on the game, clothes can change stats, like strength, stealth, health, mana, stamina, luck, etc.

It's just a preorder on the DLC, ands again, game prices have largely stayed the same for a long time.

I am. Plenty of indie games out there that are sustainable whilst asking for significantly less money, nor do I even remotely need to buy them. That, and I have an understanding that in order to pay increasing bills, I need to find ways of making more money.

I mean you would imagine that as more games are purchased digitally there'd either be less DLC/micro transactions and what not but that's not the case. And to be fair, things have gotten more expensive....

I think I would support games going up to around $70-$80 for their digital options and less of that crap and maybe $85-$95 for the disc.

But I think for going up to those prices: Renting and Demos will be incredibly important.
I believe for PC at least, Steam and other clients like it can implement like a 24 hour demo thing where the game is heavily restricted.

Or maybe like a 12 hour demo that's free and a 24 hour demo that's like a few bucks or something...

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Eh. I don't really care. It's cosmetic stuff. If you feel you reaaaally have to have them, why not pay for it? You can grind it out by collecting in game currency. It's not like it's impossible to get it with time spent in game, and isn't that why you buy the game in the first place? To play it?

I only see this affecting super OCD people who have to get everything.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

It's a single player game so the micro-transactions shouldn't really change that much.

To be honest, if you really want those items you probably could get away with some Russian/Chinese hacks or something.

4 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Prices have already been increased significantly by fragmenting games, leaving the base shell at $60, with the other significant portion of content costing at least another $10-20 or more, with multiple DLC packs and season passes. Games cost more than ever now, while the quality has been going down (just because a game looks good doesn't mean its quality)

Edit: Also remember, most of the time when people talk about games costing $60, that's only in USD and primarily for the low overhead online version, which nets the publisher even more money than they would have gotten in the past charging $60 for physical copies.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I dont think that we should consider this any news anymore. 

so what, it has micro transaction.. just like every other games these days. 

even cyber punk 2077 will have online content which means will have micro transaction as well

ignore it, play the game. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

4 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

That still doesn't make it any better when publishers get greedy with microtransactions & lootbox gambling that doubles the cost of a $60 game,either publishers need to charge $80+ instead or be more efficient with game development.

Or simply reduce their marketing budget significantly (that's where most of the bloat is coming from).

PMSL

9 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

even cyber punk 2077 will have online content which means will have micro transaction as well

Source? They declined microtransactions in CP2077, they have never done microtransactions in W3

3 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

Source? They declined microtransactions in CP2077, they have never done microtransactions in W3

what I mean is that micro transaction isnt going anywhere. 

it's the new "norm" we need to accept...

if you dont like it, dont buy the game...

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

1 minute ago, mrchow19910319 said:

if you dont like it, dont buy the game...

There's so many problems with this statement I can't fathom. I'll get to this in the morning. 

15 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Games cost more than ever now,

No, they don't. Paid DLC have been a thing for a considerable time. The base price is the same, DLC price is the same.

16 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

while the quality has been going down

Not in the slightest. Most games where shitty then, and outside of graphics and the ability to fix things after release, nothing has changed.

2 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

There's so many problems with this statement I can't fathom.

There really isn't. Buying AAA games isn't remotely necessary, and there is a vast selection of better indie games out there.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

37 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

No, they don't. Paid DLC have been a thing for a considerable time. The base price is the same, DLC price is the same.

Not in the slightest. Most games where shitty then, and outside of graphics and the ability to fix things after release, nothing has changed.

There really isn't. Buying AAA games isn't remotely necessary, and there is a vast selection of better indie games out there.

Launch day DLC. Enough said there.

Games that weren't as dumbed down, and didn't treat the players like idiots were just as shitty as modern ones? Ok...I might not have been capable of playing the majority of post 2004 games until early 2014 due to finally replacing my aging laptop with its uadro NVS110M/Geforce 7100 Go, but looking at reviews, videos and articles through that intervening time that's not the case at all.

PMSL

5 hours ago, Drak3 said:

I hate 90%, if not more, indie games that come out. It's a bit like why buy a steak when you can have 2 minute noodles, really not the same thing.

4 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

Games that weren't as dumbed down, and didn't treat the players like idiots were just as shitty as modern ones?

Empire Earth vs Empire Earth 3, omg 3 was so bad.

I see absolutely no problem with it. I recently played AC: Origins and it had microtransactions and they were non-influence on gameplay at all. If people want to lvl up or get some weapons that are weaker than weapons you can get ingame then be my guest.

I have so much to say on this issue but really I'll let my wallet do all the talking. But I will say this, game development today is "dead". The industry is full of unskilled, fresh-outta-college interns and money hungry investors who bow to the wills of the larger demographic of gamers, those 18years and under who value glossy textures above sustainable and long-term game progression and performance. The popularity of games like PUBG is a testament to that. A game with abysmal server performance, no skill gap or progression yet has sold millions of copies. 

It's simple, I won't be buying any more games until the industry changes. Truly fed up with wasting my money.

8 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

Prices have already been increased significantly by fragmenting games, leaving the base shell at $60, with the other significant portion of content costing at least another $10-20 or more, with multiple DLC packs and season passes. Games cost more than ever now, while the quality has been going down (just because a game looks good doesn't mean its quality)

Edit: Also remember, most of the time when people talk about games costing $60, that's only in USD and primarily for the low overhead online version, which nets the publisher even more money than they would have gotten in the past charging $60 for physical copies.

Best comment I have read in ages, coming from someone who has been gaming for decades I bet. And when you do buy those DLC's or season passes, the servers are dead because far fewer of the player base is buying them. The cost of games has definitely gone up and performance down. Battlefield 1 for instance is over $140 if you buy all the DLC packs. Even an unreleased game like Sea of Thieves is $100 and all I'm buying here is a digital copy. I have no issue paying for a game if the performance and progression is top-notch, which these games are not.

14 minutes ago, cartdog said:

Best comment I have read in ages, coming from someone who has been gaming for decades I bet. And when you do buy those DLC's or season passes, the servers are dead because far fewer of the player base is buying them. The cost of games has definitely gone up and performance down. Battlefield 1 for instance is over $140 if you buy all the DLC packs. Even an unreleased game like Sea of Thieves is $100 and all I'm buying here is a digital copy. I have no issue paying for a game if the performance and progression is top-notch, which these games are not.

When I was in pre-school, the teachers were rather...annoyed that I was able to navigate DOS and Windows 3.1 so well. Yeah I've been playing games for a while (though for a long time my laptop's Radeon 9000igp and later on quadro NVS110M held me back).

BTW with games such as Sea of Thieves and Ark Survival (or indeed any AC game from Unity onwards), your paying for what realistically a beta. And one of my friends deleted BF1 off their PS4 since they were getting that pissed off about the micro transactions (something that hadn't been experienced before on their PS1-3).

PMSL