Ubisoft confirms microtransaction for Far Cry 5 , why not.

ItsMitch
28 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

BTW with games such as Sea of Thieves and Ark Survival (or indeed any AC game from Unity onwards), your paying for what realistically a beta. And one of my friends deleted BF1 off their PS4 since they were getting that pissed off about the micro transactions (something that hadn't been experienced before on their PS1-3)

Remember when games had to work flawlessly from day one? I do, I miss those days. Also remember when most games never got or needed updates at all? Remember when consoles were actually consoles and you could just put the bloody disc/cartridge in and play the game IMMEDIATELY?

Why is the industry getting worse damn it. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSty7OMebpwvbw4R1ZGJrv

14 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Remember when games had to work flawlessly from day one? I do, I miss those days. Also remember when most games never got or needed updates at all? Remember when consoles were actually consoles and you could just put the bloody disc in and play the game IMMEDIATELY?

I still can't get over how damn long it took to fully setup my brother's PS4. My friends PS2 and my Original Xbox really show exactly how bad the Xbone and PS4 really are (and the fact that they've lost all advantages).

And I was able to make my Xbox even more plug-and-play with its soft mod (my Mum actually went out of her way to get all 3 soft mod compatible games).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

@Dabombinable

Slightly OT but the way things are right now it has me extremely worried for FF7 remake, that would be a class action lawsuit I'd get very much behind, for severe emotional distress. Makes me angry just thinking about it being bad.

6 minutes ago, leadeater said:

@Dabombinable

Slightly OT but the way things are right now it has me extremely worried for FF7 remake, that would be a class action lawsuit I'd get very much behind, for severe emotional distress. Makes me angry just thinking about it being bad.

Just stick with the original-that's what I've been doing when I see a remake...which expects me to pay more than I originally spent on the original. I really should see if I can buy an old copy of FF7 for my 98SE rigs (its quite clearly not abandonware).

PMSL

i wish crack groups would focus on breaking MT and turn all purchases to infinite free on cracked and non cracked games all packed in a easy to install app to gain mass appeal among the Joe's

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 minute ago, Dabombinable said:

Just stick with the original-that's what I've been doing when I see a remake...which expects me to pay more than I originally spent on the original. I really should see if I can buy an old copy of FF7 for my 98SE rigs.

I just use my PS2 or ePSXe to play classic PS1 games. Also kinda sad but I did rebuy every FF game that is on steam even though I own all of them already and they all still work.

I would like to see another LOD game, that was amazing particularly the attack/counter combo system.

While I don't like this I am at least somewhat less annoyed due to the nature of the microtransactions, however this reminds me of when games had more replay value due to things such as cosmetics and in game item rewards, not from grinding (in  most cases) but for mastery of the game.

Regardless, I don't have high hopes for any farcry game at this point, 3 made changes that derailed the franchise in their continuation, granted it was a good game but it made a formula that ultimately should not have been repeated due to staleness.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

5 hours ago, leadeater said:

I hate 90%, if not more, indie games that come out. It's a bit like why buy a steak when you can have 2 minute noodles, really not the same thing.

No, it's like why buy a $24 dollar steak that's undercooked, under seasoned, and as tender as a brick when the joint next door sells a $5 steak that's cooked right, still under seasoned, but a bit more tender.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 hours ago, leadeater said:

Remember when games had to work flawlessly from day one?

No, I don't miss Pong or Asteroids. Both sucked, even for their respective time period.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 hour ago, Drak3 said:

No, I don't miss Pong or Asteroids. Both sucked, even for their respective time period.

I remember ubi releasing Prince of Persia: Warrior Within and it was fucken great without a single gamebraking bug, with just a few minor ones. Thank god ubi fixes minor bugs on release now! Oh, wait, they dont fix major ones and usually dont ever bother with minor ones

5 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Almost every PS1, PS2 and PC game from the 80s, 90s and very early 2000s says hi. It's only since like 2005 that games have become garbage release wise, being able to get away with it because you can push updates to fix it isn't an excuse for releasing a buggy game and that shit couldn't fly before.

5 hours ago, Drak3 said:

No, it's like why buy a $24 dollar steak that's undercooked, under seasoned, and as tender as a brick when the joint next door sells a $5 steak that's cooked right, still under seasoned, but a bit more tender.

Yea no indie games are mostly just rubbish 2 minute noodles with no substance and bad for your health. As bad as major titles are now days the quality of the product is still superior to indie games, difference is now both are not enjoyable to play.

If you like a lot of the indie games that are coming out that's fine but they are called indie titles for a reason.

6 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Almost every PS1, PS2 and PC game from the 80s, 90s and very early 2000s says hi.

Yeah I can't say that a single game I've played from that era was even remotely better about bugs than modern games.

7 minutes ago, leadeater said:

they are called indie titles for a reason.

Yeah, because they're independant of publishers.

8 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Yea no indie games are mostly just rubbish 2 minute noodles with no substance and bad for your health. As bad as major titles are now days the quality of the product is still superior to indie games, difference is now both are not enjoyable to play.

I see it as the opposite, AAA games are often lacking in substance, whereas most indie games I play, while maybe shorter, have more substance.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

18 hours ago, gundamMC said:

It's a single player game so the micro-transactions shouldn't really change that much.

To be honest, if you really want those items you probably could get away with some Russian/Chinese hacks or something.

Once games become a "live service" you'd 9/10 get banned for modifying a singleplayer game.

They are pushing us consumers into a corner, I don't like the way this is going. Some games are becoming jobs, which is a far cry from the hobby it used to be.

Lets hope not every publisher moves towards this business model.

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

2 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Yeah I can't say that a single game I've played from that era was even remotely better about bugs than modern games.

Games now days have shipped multiple times with bugs that have impacted stability of the game or made it impossible to progress past certain points, in those eras you couldn't release a game like that. Once you print and distribute the game that's it it has to work or all investment is lost.

Games having a few bugs is not the point, specifically the release of games now days is trash and it's now for what ever reason acceptable to release games like that then say oops sorry and patch it in the first day or so.

Also these barrage of early access games and never complete indie games are a cancer to the industry lowering peoples standards and expectations.

It's not like I haven't played indie games that I've liked, FTL for example, but that is not a substitute for larger studio better funded games.

This just moved to the bottom of my list in the area of "when it costs $5...maybe"

Even then, I'll purchase it (to say I did) and download the cracked version so I don't have to deal with Uplay.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1 minute ago, Trik'Stari said:

This just moved to the bottom of my list in the area of "when it costs $5...maybe"

Even then, I'll purchase it (to say I did) and download the cracked version so I don't have to deal with Uplay.

Assuming it'll be cracked in a reasonable time, it's apparently going to contain Denuvo 5.0 and considering it's UbiFuck then most likely VMProtect

Just now, SC2Mitch said:

Assuming it'll be cracked in a reasonable time, it's apparently going to contain Denuvo 5.0 and considering it's UbiFuck then most likely VMProtect

Considering how quickly the UWP and it's "5 layers of DRM" was cracked? I won't worry.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

30 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

I've actually had to do just that so I could play Morrowind and Halflife under Windows 98. Purchased the games, discovered that even under Kernel EX Steam wouldn't run because its now based largely on Chromium (which requires SSE2), said fuck it and downloaded the originals and have been enjoying them since on the original platform (that's with a PIII 1000+modified Geforce FX5500 256MB). For me there was literally no alternative since Steam does not allow purchased games to run without it, and there is no option to purchase new copies without Steam.

Halo on the other hand works perfectly as you can still by new discs in store that work under 98Se-Win10.

PMSL

44 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Games having a few bugs is not the point, specifically the release of games now days is trash and it's now for what ever reason acceptable to release games like that then say oops sorry and patch it in the first day or so.

I've occasionally wondered if they do it intentionally.  Release it with bugs, so the cracking groups get a buggy version if they manage to get ahold of the pre-release copies, then patch it day one for the legitimate customers.  Not defending that action, just pondering if it might be a strategy they employ.

1 minute ago, Jito463 said:

I've occasionally wondered if they do it intentionally.  Release it with bugs, so the cracking groups get a buggy version if they manage to get ahold of the pre-release copies, then patch it day one for the legitimate customers.  Not defending that action, just pondering if it might be a strategy they employ.

Its more of their bloated marketing locking them into a certain release date, that would cost them millions to miss.

PMSL

1 minute ago, Dabombinable said:

since Steam does not allow purchased games to run without it

That's not entirely true.  It depends on if the developers implemented the copy protection or not.  Divinity: Original Sin (both 1 & 2) will play without Steam for example, as well as a number of other games.

11 hours ago, leadeater said:

Remember when games had to work flawlessly from day one? I do, I miss those days. Also remember when most games never got or needed updates at all? Remember when consoles were actually consoles and you could just put the bloody disc/cartridge in and play the game IMMEDIATELY?

From what I remember there were still buggy games on consoles, but they were only patched in later editions.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

4 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

That's not entirely true.  It depends on if the developers implemented the copy protection or not.  Divinity: Original Sin (both 1 & 2) will play without Steam for example, as well as a number of other games.

Those aren't games that originally ran under Windows 98 before being released on Steam.

PMSL

Just now, Dabombinable said:

Those aren't games that originally ran under Windows 98 before being released on Steam.

I was speaking generally and simply used them as examples.  While I acknowledge you were talking about some specific games, you went on to say "purchased games" without definition, which I inferred to mean in a general sense.

36 minutes ago, Raskolnikov said:

From what I remember there were still buggy games on consoles, but they were only patched in later editions.

Sometimes they were better with the bug :). Generally any bugs in the games back then didn't prevent you from playing and enjoying the game though and they didn't crash (at least the console ones).

The industry is supposed to be getting more professional, so they say, and it's a huge mutil billion dollar one at that so I expect standards to be better now than in the 90s which doesn't seem to be the case.