Ubisoft confirms microtransaction for Far Cry 5 , why not.

ItsMitch

A Ubisoft spokesperson has confirmed that Far Cry 5 (a SP game might I add, also at $60) will contain some microtransactions and a Season Pass to PC Gamer. 

During a preview event for Far Cry 5 on PC, I stumbled upon a container which, when opened, revealed a couple stacks of silver bars. Had I found a Far Cry 5 loot box? No. Just a box that contained loot.

A Ubisoft representative confirmed that Far Cry 5 will not have loot boxes or any chance systems involving microtransactions. It will have a season pass, but as one of the first so-called triple-A launches of 2018, you might take this as a sign that last fall's loot box trend won't carry on with every publisher and big release. 

Then again, Far Cry 5 will have microtransactions for cosmetic items and time savers. The store wasn't online during my demo, so I couldn't get a look at pricing or exactly what's inside, but gun skins, vehicle skins, and outfits for your character are all definitely customizable aspects. And you'll be able to get some (maybe all) cosmetic items from a currency you can find in game: silver bars. 

So my problems with this are: 1) The game is $60, Micro transactions shouldn't be a thing 2) You need to pay for cosmetics, like clothing items (Why are clothing items in a SP game??) 3) Season pass is the deluxe box of bullshit in my eyes 4) 4) Silver Bars sound like a mobile game equivalent of a cash cow. 

It hasn't been confirmed on how much the "Silver Bars" will cost as it wasn't in the press preview however they can be "found" in all outposts, But it wasn't confirmed either if they would be limited or the exact cost of skins.

This is the prompt PC Gamer found after clearing an outpost.

yjHmVZMF6GicEiNPQVi3k3-650-80.jpg

This is just sad for me, I dunno what you guys think, feel free to tell me that I'm wrong and an idiot or hey, feel free to agree microtransactions no matter of cosmetics for triple AAA games are utter bullshit. 

Source: https://www.pcgamer.com/far-cry-5-wont-have-loot-boxes-but-it-will-have-microtransactions/

25o66h.jpg

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

2 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

25o66h.jpg

I'm waiting for the replies of "IT'S ONLY COSSMETICSSSSSS" so I can just reply that this game can cost from £49.99 all the way to £74.99. THAT'S A YIKES FROM ME JEFF (EXCLUDING IN GAME PURCHASES) 

Honestly these type of microtransactions seem fine to me. All them seem like super optional and not game breaking. One if my all time favorite games had microtransactions for some cosmetics and shortcuts but it didn't change the game at all. It even had something like a season pass as well. That game is called battlefield bad company 2 and will always be one of my all time favorite games.

I've felt the Far Cry series has gone downhill since 2 was released.  Don't get me wrong, I had some fun with 3 - and even 4 to an extent - but overall the quality has degraded significantly from the original.  I had been wavering on whether to get 5, but Ubisoft just made the decision easy for me.  No MT's in a single-player game!

Just now, Jito463 said:

I've felt the Far Cry series has gone downhill since 2 was released.  Don't get me wrong, I had some fun with 3 - and even 4 to an extent - but overall the quality has degraded significantly from the original.  I had been wavering on whether to get 5, but Ubisoft just made the decision easy for me.  No MT's in a single-player game!

I've noticed the quality when PC Gamer released a video, yeah the game looks nice but it feels so similar to Far Cry 4 and Primal, just sad really.

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

Honestly these type of microtransactions seem fine to me. All them seem like super optional and not game breaking. One if my all time favorite games had microtransactions for some cosmetics and shortcuts but it didn't change the game at all. It even had something like a season pass as well. That game is called battlefield bad company 2 and will always be one of my all time favorite games.

Except BC2 also had multi-player, where cosmetic MT's can be understandable (even though I'm not fond of them).  This is strictly a single-player game.

2 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

I've noticed the quality when PC Gamer released a video, yeah the game looks nice but it feels so similar to Far Cry 4 and Primal, just sad really.

It's beginning to remind me of Bethesda and both the Fallout and Elder Scrolls series, both of which are basically becoming stale, repetitive copies of themselves in each succeeding version.  The only saving grace for those games are the mods.  I'm not sure if FC5 will have any mod support or not.  If not, one may as well just replay 3 & 4 (I never played Primal).

I dont get why they still do this. Just leave MT out of singleplayer games

Quote=Reply      Feel free to tag me or sth if you have questions about Liquid Metal :) ROCKETS ARE LIFE                                                                      My current build:                                    

CPU: I7 6700k@4.7Ghz 1.31sth V; Liquid Metal (Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut) | Cooler: Corsair H100iv2 | GPU: HIS R9 390 | Motherboard: Asus Z170-A | RAM: 16GB 2133Mhz HyperX FuryX | Storage: 1x 250GB Samsung 960 Evo 1x random 4TB 7200RPM HDD | Case: Lian Li Alpha  550W | PSU: Corsair RM650i | Misc.: 6x Lian Li 120mm Bora RGB Fans

My Build Log: 

Because they can, and because people obviously are buying them.  

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

4 minutes ago, ModuleLFS said:

I mean Ubisoft... who knew?!

It's not Ubisoft...... It's MoneySoft CmonBruh

Welcome to modern AAA games.

Where it isn't AAA if there are no microtransactions, lootboxes and tons of DLC

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Just now, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Welcome to modern AAA games.

Where it isn't AAA if there are no microtransactions, lootboxes and tons of DLC

Are me comfortable with this being the default state? Or are we gonna make some noise!

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

wow thats stupid, hopefully you can mod in this stuff instead

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

21 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

It's beginning to remind me of Bethesda and both the Fallout and Elder Scrolls series, both of which are basically becoming stale, repetitive copies of themselves in each succeeding version.  The only saving grace for those games are the mods.  I'm not sure if FC5 will have any mod support or not.  If not, one may as well just replay 3 & 4 (I never played Primal).

I can understand with fallout being repetitive but skyrim and oblivion and morrowind all are quite different and were not a stale copy to me. I think fallout 4 suffered from alot if time being invested in the building mechanic. 

47 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

This one looks pretty fun, and I haven't played one since Far Cry 3 I think it was. Plus they finally killed the stupid towers, and replaced it with a more organic mechanic. PLus you can drive a big rig with machine guns on it.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

42 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Are me comfortable with this being the default state? Or are we gonna make some noise!

>be Energycore

>Can't multi-quote

>Can't spell

That's a good looking birb tho.

1 hour ago, SC2Mitch said:

like clothing items (Why are clothing items in a SP game??)

Because it's fun. Character customization is fun. Clothes are part of character customization. When your mindlessly killing dudes running around in a dunce cap sounds rather fun, eh?

If fun isn't your thing then feel free to reee.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

2 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

>be Energycore

>Can't multi-quote

>Can't spell

Because it's fun. Character customization is fun. Clothes are part of character customization. When your mindlessly killing dudes running around in a dunce cap sounds rather fun, eh?

If fun isn't your thing then feel free to reee.

Why buy the clothes when you can't see the clothes tho

2 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Character customization isn't the problem, MT's in a single-player game are the problem.

A bit of good gaming news: Kingdom come as achieved 1000000 sold copies even while having game journalist trying to take the game down. 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

17 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

>be Energycore

>Can't multi-quote

>Can't spell

Hey man, I can't be amazing at everything ;)

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Why is everyone saying this is a single player game? Has it been confirmed as such? Because Far Cry 4 had both standard multiplayer and co-op.

3 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Why is everyone saying this is a single player game? Has it been confirmed as such? Because Far Cry 4 had both standard multiplayer and co-op.

Yeah, Far Cry 5 has multiplayer coop.