Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Project a friend wants to pull off at some point. Turbo or even twin turbo a crown vic. and do this while at it:

*Snip*

If you want to make a fast "Vic" it is probably a better idea to start with a Mercury Marauder instead.

Mercury_Marauder_rear.jpg

These were just Crown Vics with the 32V DOHC V8 from the Mustang Cobras sans the supercharger. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I love how slammed cars look, but would never daily a slammed car. Too much form, not enough function.

But his current daily is slammed, so he's used to it

I like not destroying my toys..

I like not destroying my toys..

Not sure how it's destroying a car.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Depends on how it was done, some one who just cuts the springs seriously compromises the car.

Some one who installs a professional setup its fine.

Also, been in lowered cars, even when its a proper setup DEAR GOD ITS AWEFUL!

Fine for a track but last I checked silverstone does not have speedhumps on it, where as roads do, and holes, and police, and speed cameras, and people, and no crash barriers, and pillocks driving the opposite way (like the moron in the ford overtaking on a blind bend I nearly hit head on the other day if it were not for just enough space on the embankment to ride up on).

Its not my fault I am grumpy, you try having a porcelain todger that's always hard! 

Depends on how it was done, some one who just cuts the springs seriously compromises the car.

Some one who installs a professional setup its fine.

Also, been in lowered cars, even when its a proper setup DEAR GOD ITS AWEFUL!

Fine for a track but last I checked silverstone does not have speedhumps on it, where as roads do, and holes, and police, and speed cameras, and people, and no crash barriers, and pillocks driving the opposite way (like the moron in the ford overtaking on a blind bend I nearly hit head on the other day if it were not for just enough space on the embankment to ride up on).

OK, but maybe performance air suspension is a good compromise. I mean, you can park it as low as possible with the air kit with a couple degrees of camber. Then, when you take off, you can drive at stock height and typically more stiffer than stock.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Never knew Peugeot imported cars into America. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5155575995.html

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Ever drive a road in America? They're uneven and bumpy. You'd tear the underside up.

Never knew Peugeot imported cars into America. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5155575995.html

Yep, my uncle that lives in Delaware has had a few Renaults through the years.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Ever drive a road in America? They're uneven and bumpy. You'd tear the underside up.

Homemade skid pans. That's what most people do. Normally out of street signs

lol you can buy a few recycled street signs at my local junk company lol the city goes there to sell decommissioned signs lol

..those won't last long but oooooookaaaaaaaay..

Or.. you know.. you could just..buy steel at a shop

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Well, the street sign skid pads do look cool and add a degree of creativity, but yeah, unless someone sees the underside, nobody will notice.

Or not slam your car..Imagine catching the skid plates on something and loosing traction on a wheel? Oh boy.

Some idiot in a Dodge SUV cut me off earlier and almost hit my front quarter panel... f*cking douche...

Some idiot in a Dodge SUV cut me off earlier and almost hit my front quarter panel... f*cking douche...

Sounds like a Dodge owner alright :P

..those won't last long but oooooookaaaaaaaay..

I have friends with slammed cars that did this, theirs are holding up well, even with Indiana and Michigan roads

I have friends with slammed cars that did this, theirs are holding up well, even with Indiana and Michigan roads

Do they stand up to CA roads? They're home to some of the worst maintained roads right now.

Burnouts in a public road bruh... Still, that's a nice sounding engine...

Did you do anything to it?

Heh, that was on a back road up near where my parents live which is kind of out in the middle of nowhere. Not something I do everyday though, so don't get the wrong idea about me. ;)

Did I do anything to it, you ask? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Huehuehuehuehue.....

Here's the list (all work and fabrication done by yours truly):

Engine/drive-train mods

-Custom made short ram intake with velocity stack, K&N filter and custom made heat shield box.

-Ported and heat-wrapped 4-1 Integra Type-R header and fully custom 2.5" exhaust system with high-flow cat, magnaflow resonator and vortex muffler.

-Exedy 8lb flywheel with Exedy 3-puck stage 2 ceramic race clutch (with sprung disc to make it more street-friendly).

-Short-throw shifter kit.

-ATe Premium One grooved brake rotors.

Suspension mods

-Eibach springs with added adjustable spacers to raise the ride height (higher than stock) as well as increase the spring rate.

-Integra Type-R shocks with modified mounts in the rear.

Other mods

-Customized front bumper with NACA ducts (right side routed to bring fresh air into the custom airbox).

-Rally mudflaps.

-Two 100w spot/flood lights (functioned to enhance long-distance visibility at night).

-Aftermarket headlight bulbs from rallylights.com (65/100w) with heavy-duty relays.

-BSA 15" rims.

-1/2" hood hinge spacers (to lift the rear of the hood, keeps the engine bay a little cooler).

I live out in the country and we get a decent amount of snow in the winter, so having a lowered car was not practical. I wanted good handling and increased ride height, so I did just that. People would give me funny looks when ever I took it out on a lapping day at Cayuga TMP road course with the car sitting higher than stock. But it showed it's prowess on the track, easily keeping up with much faster cars in the tight twisty sections with very little body roll. ;) 

Here's a look at the suspension with the spacers that acted as "pre-compressors" for the springs:

DSCN0082.jpg

DSCF2406.jpg

And here's how she looked:

DSCN0406.jpg

DSCN0405.jpg

DSCN0403.jpg

Suspension articulation ftw! :P

DSCN0393.jpg

DSCN0391.jpg

Was a fun little car. Could take corners like no tomorrow, raised a lot of eyebrows in it's time... Especially at the big local car meets where the popular thing was "slammed with stance", the opposite of this. lol. :D

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Heh, that was on a back road up near where my parents live which is kind of out in the middle of nowhere. Not something I do everyday though, so don't get the wrong idea about me. ;)

Did I do anything to it, you ask? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Huehuehuehuehue.....

~~

Was a fun little car. Could take corners like no tomorrow, raised a lot of eyebrows in it's time... Especially at the big local car meets where the popular thing was "slammed with stance", the opposite of this. lol. :D

DID SOMEONE SAY SLAMMED?

11923310_10153429148051815_8122013494066

Testing for new page!

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I dunno about you, but I'd spray it seven different colors of yellow to annoy people on purpose.

@techswede

I don't even care anymore  :P

Well, the street sign skid pads do look cool and add a degree of creativity, but yeah, unless someone sees the underside, nobody will notice.

There really isn't any point in using street signs in your car anyway. Fresh steel or no steel

Or not slam your car..Imagine catching the skid plates on something and loosing traction on a wheel? Oh boy.

Pretty much. 

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

You will when you see it. :P

If you post it i'll have this thread deleted  :P

If you post it i'll have this thread deleted  :P

I'll spend the $200 on paint to do it. Fuck it.

burns.png

I'll spend the $200 on paint to do it. Fuck it.

--Excellent snippage--

Come at me bro!