Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

I'm not sure if I get the point of luxury pickup trucks. I mean, I get people who want a more nice interior to drive in and such. But the base trucks aren't anything special, which the more luxurious ones are based from...

So I feel that it's just wasted potential. But hey, I'm not truck kind of guy. So what do I know.

Same reason people complained about car interiors from a decade or more ago.. They're just nicer. Things are better looking, sensible locations to make some actions easier for the lazy person, and absolute comfort.

Yeah the plain old bench seat is good enough, but after 700 miles I really liked being able to change my seating position and lumbar support to perfection. People want the comforts of cars with the abilities of trucks.. so why not have both?

No, what people seem to be forgetting is that $60,000 is a ton of money for a half ton pickup. 

I maintain that the buyer is an idiot if they pay sticker. ;)

Yeah, twin I beam death traps. The newer ones are much better. 

Oh they were fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine. Until you rolled.. or crashed above 30 miles an hour..

Tire blows out while you're doing 70.. fuuuun.

I maintain that the buyer is an idiot if they pay sticker. ;)

If sticker is $70,000, you may very well pay $60,000. ;)

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

If sticker is $70,000, you may very well pay $60,000. ;)

$55k, probably $50k. ;)

Oh they were fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine. Until you rolled.. or crashed above 30 miles an hour..

Tire blows out while you're doing 70.. fuuuun.

Going over a bump means your camber comes in. Less traction on your steering wheels. Also they're alignment nightmares. Always coming out of alignment and difficult to align. 

I thought the tire blowing out thing was for the exploders. That was a lot of shit Ford mitigated to firestone... luckily for them. Those cars had such a high center of gravity. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

$55k, probably $50k. ;)

$50k on a $70K MSRP, you're extremely optimistic.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

They'll buckle if you walk in the dealership with a bag full of Benjamins...

Going over a bump means your camber comes in. Less traction on your steering wheels. Also they're alignment nightmares. Always coming out of alignment and difficult to align. 

I thought the tire blowing out thing was for the exploders. That was a lot of shit Ford mitigated to firestone... luckily for them. Those cars had such a high center of gravity. 

If I remember, the problem was the tire wall being too weak and causing problems.

Silver tongue and actually having cash in hand gets you places. Dealers will give you a nice chunk off sticker if you're giving them 100% up front. :) Plus it's a good guess when you have them write up a sale for $20k off a $70k truck. :D

Bingoooooooooooooo.

Silver tongue and actually having cash in hand gets you places. Dealers will give you a nice chunk off sticker if you're giving them 100% up front. :) Plus it's a good guess when you have them write up a sale for $20k off a $70k truck. :D

In my experience, that is not true. Dealers make more money when you finance, so they will often want to renegotiate the price of new cars if your are paying with CC or Check. 

In my experience, that is not true. Dealers make more money when you finance, so they will often want to renegotiate the price of new cars if your are paying with CC or Check. 

Then you're doing it wrong. It's fun to walk in to a dealership and tell them that you're walking out if they don't give you a good price right then and there, and if they ask for your credit that you'll walk out on the spot. 

The looks on their faces. Priceless.

Works too. Most of the time*

Then you're doing it wrong. It's fun to walk in to a dealership and tell them that you're walking out if they don't give you a good price right then and there, and if they ask for your credit that you'll walk out on the spot. 

The looks on their faces. Priceless.

Works too. Most of the time*

Only if they can't sell cars. If they are selling, they have no incentive to sell to you in cash and make less, when they could sell that car to Joe Blow who will finance, and they will make more...

The cash is just to exploit the weakness of people when they have cold hard cash in front of them...  (i.e. I was able to negotiate up to 25% off my HD330s for paying in cash (in 100PhP and 500PhP denomination... to make it seem like there's more money than there actually is...)...)

Speaking of dealerships anyone encountered salesmen like this?

Our last experience with a dealership was when we got our Lynx... They tried to sell us an '02 Mitsubishi Adventure AUV with a leaky exhaust pipe and fuel injector for 450k PhP...

Only if they can't sell cars. If they are selling, they have no incentive to sell to you in cash and make less, when they could sell that car to Joe Blow who will finance, and they will make more...

Trust me, you can get them to sell you a vehicle in cash, at a lower price. All you have to do is convince them that they're already making money off all the other gullible people in the showroom and that if they do you a good deal, they'll get your business again.

Some salespeople, at least the smarter ones, realize the benefit of repeat business more than fucking you over the first time.

As @DigitalHermit said, people are too enticed by money right in front of them, even if it never passes their hands.

Trust me, you can get them to sell you a vehicle in cash, at a lower price. All you have to do is convince them that they're already making money off all the other gullible people in the showroom and that if they do you a good deal, they'll get your business again.

Some salespeople, at least the smarter ones, realize the benefit of repeat business more than fucking you over the first time.

As @DigitalHermit said, people are too enticed by money right in front of them, even if it never passes their hands.

Clearly, your dealers are horse shit.

Every single dealer in my area is zero negotiation. The price tag with discounts is on the car, if you want to buy it, great. If you don't like the price, maybe they have something else in your price range. 

I think you are confusing used cars dealers with new car dealers.

Every single dealer in my area is zero negotiation. The price tag with discounts is on the car, if you want to buy it, great. If you don't like the price, maybe they have something else in your price range. 

Which is why it can be fun to buy here...

Nope, not confusing, going by first hand experience.

Which is why it can be fun to buy here...

I prefer a low stress car buying experience, but to each his own.

Nope, not confusing, going by first hand experience.

Then your dealers suck. 

Then your dealers suck. 

Why? Because some of them allow decent deals everyone once in a while? :P Don't get me wrong, even when hunting for our F-150 it was a bit of a pain but we did manage to get it quite a bit cheaper than sticker.

Why? Because some of them allow decent deals everyone once in a while? :P Don't get me wrong, even when hunting for our F-150 it was a bit of a pain but we did manage to get it quite a bit cheaper than sticker.

At my dealers every car is well under sticker, no need to stress about it. The two ST's I am looking at are ~$4000 - $4500 below sticker

At my dealers every car is well under sticker, no need to stress about it. The two ST's I am looking at are ~$4000 - $4500 below sticker

At least you aren't paying sticker or over then.

the way more money is because theyll take you financing it with them and then they shop around for credit. so say you pay them 300 dollars a month theyll find someone thatll give you a credit where your monthly payment will be 250 a month. then theyll pocket that 50 dollars. 

The new F-150 trim is the "Limited" variant, starts at around $60,000 (can go up to $70,000 with options), and has massaging seats along with supposedly higher end interior design among other things..

16_f150_ltd_78frntpassloghome_hr_large.J

16_f150_ltd_passsideviewint_mr_large.jpg

am i the only one noticing that there is noway you can open the doors on this truck like this. unless the rears are suicide doors.

im not able to view the thread because linuestech is having problems with tapatalk. 

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

am i the only one noticing that there is noway you can open the doors on this truck like this. unless the rears are suicide doors.

im not able to view the thread because linuestech is having problems with tapatalk. 

Yeah they had to have two models, one with the suicide doors and one with the full doors.

And yaaaaaaaaay, tapatalk being broken. What a surprise. /s

the way more money is because theyll take you financing it with them and then they shop around for credit. so say you pay them 300 dollars a month theyll find someone thatll give you a credit where your monthly payment will be 250 a month. then theyll pocket that 50 dollars. 

That's my point. 

Same reason people complained about car interiors from a decade or more ago.. They're just nicer. Things are better looking, sensible locations to make some actions easier for the lazy person, and absolute comfort.

Yeah the plain old bench seat is good enough, but after 700 miles I really liked being able to change my seating position and lumbar support to perfection. People want the comforts of cars with the abilities of trucks.. so why not have both?

But what I'm thinking is that if you get such a luxury truck, then it wont see much hauling. Which is what I feel the main point is of a truck. $60,000 is the same territory as many luxury sedans, which I am sure will be more nice to drive.

And for off-roading. Then I can only assume that the most off-roading that car will see is parking on a flat of grass or something.