Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

this would have been so useful when we had a test on this at school....

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

this would have been so useful when we had a test on this at school....

You guys got tested on octanes..?

Wow.

You guys got tested on octanes..?

Wow.

yah... But hey now I know all the things about fuel and shit, sortof

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

yah... But hey now I know all the things about fuel and shit, sortof

US is so lazy. :lol: Barely got tested on anything.

US is so lazy. :lol: Barely got tested on anything.

wow... Well we get tested on most things, everything from the justice system to fuel

Builds:

Spoiler

wow... Well we get tested on most things, everything from the justice system to fuel

The test for my license took 5-10 minutes. :lol:

The test for my license took 5-10 minutes. :lol:

the test for my moped license had a max time of 20mins took me 5. :P

Builds:

Spoiler

the test for my moped license had a max time of 20mins took me 5. :P

*highfive* Nice!

*highfive* Nice!

well I had to train for a month and do 12H of courses and some test driving but dam that test was easy I don't understand how people fail it

Builds:

Spoiler

well I had to train for a month and do 12H of courses and some test driving but dam that test was easy I don't understand how people fail it

Still didn't have to do that much work to get mine. Hehe, loved it.

Still didn't have to do that much work to get mine. Hehe, loved it.

nice, herd that the the drivers license is really easy in the US at least, and that you can have whatever the final driving test thing done with an automatic transmission xD

Builds:

Spoiler

nice, herd that the the drivers license is really easy in the US at least, and that you can have whatever the final driving test thing done with an automatic transmission xD

Yeah. It's stupidly easy here. Kinda wish it wasn't because soooo many drivers are dumb as a rock.

Yeah. It's stupidly easy here. Kinda wish it wasn't because soooo many drivers are dumb as a rock.

here I heard its hard as nails, doesn't help the slightest people don't have any respect nor do the use the indicators at all :/

Builds:

Spoiler

here I heard its hard as nails, doesn't help the slightest people don't have any respect nor do the use the indicators at all :/

Indicators? What are those..

/s

Indicators? What are those..

/s

Small orange things in the side of your car to indicate that your about to turn :P also gtg I'm in the middle of nowhere and in a car, I'm probably going to lose 3G any second :/

Builds:

Spoiler

Small orange things in the side of your car to indicate that your about to turn :P also gtg I'm in the middle of nowhere and in a car, I'm probably going to lose 3G any second :/

RIP.

My weather stone tells me that it's raining outside...

And I heard a bit of thunder as well. Lovely.

I wish it'd rain more. Had a good monsoon this past week and it was very nice. Except for the dirt being washed everywhere..

I wish it'd rain more. Had a good monsoon this past week and it was very nice. Except for the dirt being washed everywhere..

3G is back! Civilisation! Yay! Also fuck rain, it can go to hell it has ruined my summer...

Builds:

Spoiler

3G is back! Civilisation! Yay! Also fuck rain, it can go to hell it has ruined my summer...

I don't mind trading weather, lol. It's supposed to get back over 100 again. Great for driving. Not so great for living.

I don't mind trading weather, lol. It's supposed to get back over 100 again. Great for driving. Not so great for living.

ugh... There you go with your Fahrenheit... Celsius FTW, but yes that's probably quite warm. The warmest day I've had here was 36C in the shade. I basically melted

Builds:

Spoiler

ugh... There you go with your Fahrenheit... Celsius FTW, but yes that's probably quite warm. The warmest day I've had here was 36C in the shade. I basically melted

Celsius isn't as exact, so boo.

100 F = ~38 C

Celsius isn't as exact, so boo.

100 F = ~38 C

ok, how about we use Kelvin then? The Kelvin scale is fun

Builds:

Spoiler

ok, how about we use Kelvin then? The Kelvin scale is fun

I can tell the difference between 99 and 100 F, not 309 and 310 K. :P