Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Wait, the Murphy's here went down to $2.49! :o But their gas is kinda shit though..

So gas is back to about $2.50 in this area.. Yay.

how can has be shit if it's not oxidised? I just refuel with the cheapest 95octane I can find :P

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

how can has be shit if it's not oxidised? I just refuel with the cheapest 95octane I can find :P

'cause it's bad quality 83 (or is it 86..) octane gas. Their 83 is usually the worst of all the companies here.

$65 to fill up, not bad. :D

'cause it's bad quality 83 (or is it 86..) octane gas. Their 83 is usually the worst of all the companies here.

I filled up my car earlier this week. 50 liters for 80+ dollars. :(

Though, I'm filling my car with 95 octane.

wow we don't have anything bellow 95 here anymore, not sure why but you can't

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I filled up my car earlier this week. 50 liters for 80+ dollars. :(

Though, I'm filling my car with 95 octane.

I remember when we had a Durango during the economic meltdown. Was almost $160 for a tank.

wow we don't have anything bellow 95 here anymore, not sure why but you can't

Quality standards are different? Not sure where you are but in the US we measure octane rating differently.

Quality standards are different? Not sure where you are but in the US we measure octane rating differently.

well Sweden usually don't tell but whatever not like your gone come to my house and rob me because of that

Builds:

Spoiler

well Sweden usually don't tell but whatever not like your gone come to my house and rob me because of that

'cause I feel like going thousands of miles to your house.

also why measure it difiranty from the rest of the world USA your the only place were you use imperial measurements instead of metric :P

Builds:

Spoiler

'cause I feel like going thousands of miles to your house.

lol yah

Builds:

Spoiler

also why measure it difiranty from the rest of the world USA your the only place were you use imperial measurements instead of metric :P

:ph34r: I prefer the imperial scale for day-to-day measurements.

I don't remember what the difference is, I think compression vs something else, but maybe someone else can explain.

:ph34r: I prefer the imperial scale for day-to-day measurements.

I don't remember what the difference is, I think compression vs something else, but maybe someone else can explain.

yah I wantch mighti car modds and those dam Australians can't decide If there using imperial or metric... It getts really confusing some times :P

Builds:

Spoiler

yah I wantch mighti car modds and those dam Australians can't decide If there using imperial or metric... It getts really confusing some times :P

Just look at the Brits. They're all messed up. :P

Just look at the Brits. They're all messed up. :P

yah lol

Builds:

Spoiler

The octane ratings are accurate. I'm pretty sure that yours are lower so that they won't have to refine it as much. If anything's different, then it is with how the engines are tuned for the octane they run.

In many parts of Europe, then 95 octane is standard. And goes all the way up to 98. But I know that we have had 99 as well.

The octane ratings are accurate. I'm pretty sure that yours are lower so that they won't have to refine it as much. If anything's different, then it is with how the engines are tuned for the octane they run.

In many parts of Europe, then 95 octane is standard. And goes all the way up to 98. But I know that we have had 99 as well.

99% sure the way they're rated is different between here and Europe and vary a bit.

yah 85 has been gone for quite some time now about 10(?) years I think

Builds:

Spoiler

Europe uses RON and the US uses AKI.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Europe uses RON and the US uses AKI.

what's the difirance?

Builds:

Spoiler

what's the difirance?

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

I am leet ninja. :ph34r:

god dammit!