Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

It is FWD and doesnt make any attempt to hide it. The Focus ST really isn't a sports car in an every day costume, it is an every day car with a bit more sportiness. That said it is a very well set up FWD car, very little noticeable push (on the few cloverleafs we have in town) and the car rotates very well. 

I honestly dont think it makes you feel quite as sporty as something like a BRZ/FRS, but it really isnt trying to be that either. 

I dont have a problem with the layout of the car, I would prefer AWD but it would add cost and weight. 

Hmm, I know people have said it's pretty neutral but I've never driven one but have driven other FWD cars before and I didn't like them.

I actually prefer the first gen interior because it's not so strange compared to the rest. That and I don't want to drive a drab looking vehicle.

The interior isn't bad. Its just the exterior design that doesn't look right to me. The convertibles aren't too bad though.

I would probably give the S600 a bit of a touch up

maxresdefault.jpg

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

The interior isn't bad. Its just the exterior design that doesn't look right to me. The convertibles aren't too bad though.

I would probably give the S600 a bit of a touch up

:wacko:

:wacko:

It is a bit of an extreme example (And i've just noticed that godawful stance on the rear tires)

But most of them seem to have gotten that "European VIP" Treatment instead of a bit more performance oriented and subtle body mods

This is a bit more subtle. It still looks modified but i could probably hide some big ass brakes behind those wheels and some coilovers

Mercedes_w140-s600-wald-3.jpg

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Hmm, I know people have said it's pretty neutral but I've never driven one but have driven other FWD cars before and I didn't like them.

It comes down to what you want to do; if you want to set the best possible lap time at Laguna Seca, FWD is not the answer. If you simply want to get to work every day, FWD is a great option. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

It comes down to what you want to do; if you want to set the best possible lap time at Laguna Seca, FWD is not the answer. If you simply want to get to work every day, FWD is a great option. 

Does it fit the "fun, every day kinda car" bill?

so did some of that (lurking and pm'ing Locust) over the last couple days... I kinda f*cking hate you right now...  I desperately want an Evo again!  but an 8 or 9 :D

lolllllllll :) I've seen quite a few pop up lately these days too

Really, i'm quite pissed at Mitsubishi's decision to end the Lancer lineup. Really gets me fucking mad. Now we'll never know which is better. IF they had done a redesign early enough, it could catch the attention of folks and they could have saved the EVO, but no, they said fuck that, and left it for 5 years. no wonder it's getting such slow sales.

Lancers are not being discontinued, just the Evo

Evo's have always been better - better motor, better drivetrain, better handling; STi's better daily drivers, fun boxer rumble, WRX's great stock cars for SCCA class rules. ask any tuner shop and they'll tell you the same

Mitsubishi Motors will and always exist as the outlet for Mitsubishi CEO's to be seen in their own company cars, not as a full on car manufacturer. Mitsubishi is a huge engineering/manufacturing company - their (culture can't let) execs/ceo's be seen driving around in a competitor's car, they need something with their own brand name on it

Does it fit the "fun, every day kinda car" bill?

IMHO, yes. As does AWD. For every day car I dont think RWD really fits in, at least not in the frozen tundra we call North Dakota. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

IMHO, yes. As does AWD. For every day car I dont think RWD really fits in, at least not in the frozen tundra we call North Dakota. 

Well, it doesn't freeze here. :lol:

Damn i'd pick this one up if i could

9456123379.jpg

A 450SLC

Do you guys think my family's VW touran from 05 will survive a turbo? Just want to do it for the shits and giggles but it's FWD and gasoline fueld, the turbo would probably not even fit in the engine bay but I think it would be fun :P

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Damn i'd pick this one up if i could

A 450SLC

that's an awesome looking car

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Do you guys think my family's VW touran from 05 will survive a turbo? Just want to do it for the shits and giggles but it's FWD and gasoline fueld, the turbo would probably not even fit in the engine bay but I think it would be fun :P

I say you get a 60 lbs turbo. :ph34r:

Depends on the size of the turbo and the amount of boost you would run. 

Speaking of turbochargers

Am i the only one that gets giddy when i see twin 88mm's

192505-can-i-win-2012-titan-vs-2013-tund

I say you get a 60 lbs turbo. :ph34r:

ok not to familiar with whatever 60 lbs in this situation means, I am also just going to put this out there this is a family car and it's freaking large but I'm going to guess that's the boost pressure

Builds:

Spoiler

]

that's sexy

Builds:

Spoiler

-snips-

The car is too.

post-1744-0-63344600-1437055071.jpg

ok not to familiar with whatever 60 lbs in this situation means, I am also just going to put this out there this is a family car and it's freaking large but I'm going to guess that's the boost pressure

If you put a turbo that creates 60 lbs of boost I guarantee you that engine will explode in the most SPECTACULAR of ways. Please do it, and upload to YouTube. :D

post-1744-0-63344600-1437055071.jpg

that's an awesome looking car

It looks even better with the period correct body mods

474191d1350518372-450slc-custom-suspensi

that's sexy

I know right?^^ On full boost those things could probably create a vacuum in a small house xD

Well, it doesn't freeze here. :lol:

Yeah in places where it is not a snowy and frozen, an every day RWD car is more usable. 

But yeah, there is plenty of space for an every day fun fwd car. 

Yeah in places where it is not a snowy and frozen, an every day RWD car is more usable. 

But yeah, there is plenty of space for an every day fun fwd car. 

RWD can be fun in winter. :ph34r:

The car is too.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByAutoGuide1381944755.970536.jpg

If you put a turbo that creates 60 lbs of boost I guarantee you that engine will explode in the most SPECTACULAR of ways. Please do it, and upload to YouTube. :D

well I don't have any money to spend on a new car so I'm just going to not

Builds:

Spoiler

RWD can be fun in winter. :ph34r:

Sure, it can also be disastrous. 

well I don't have any money to spend on a new car so I'm just going to not

Darn. Anyone know of a cheap engine and turbo that I can blow up for fun?

Sure, it can also be disastrous. 

That's the fun part! :D

Darn. Anyone know of a cheap engine and turbo that I can blow up for fun?

That's the fun part! :D

yes pick up a cheap RC car gasoline engine and steal a truck turbo or something and then BOOOOOM!!!!

Builds:

Spoiler