Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

2 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

except when your car eventually gets hacked cause of a slight gimmick .. you will die unlike a pc ... 

and if you feel the need to compare a car to a pc ... then that car doesnt need to exist imo 
Yes cars have a ton of computers and computing power, but its not the thing you'd read your emails on, play video games and do work on ... if you are smart 

I do work on my car all the time, gonna do some work on it tomorrow in fact. 🤪

11 minutes ago, Bitter said:

I do work on my car all the time, gonna do some work on it tomorrow in fact. 🤪

Now this is an outright lie. Mechanics never have time for their own vehicles.

19 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

True fact

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

1 hour ago, willies leg said:

Yeah, and a Tesla is actually a PC with wheels. Whole new market of opportunity coming up with apps and services.

Be there or be square:

https://github.com/adriankumpf/teslamate

https://github.com/lephisto/tesla-apiscraper

https://e-mobility-driving-solutions.com/produkt/raspi-teslalogger-2/?lang=en

1 hour ago, willies leg said:

Ha! Yeah them there computers are gonna sink all of us, once you modem them up you'll be hacked for sure! Throw them all out, they're evil!  😉

Just gonna bring this down back to earth ... A CAR ... is there to transport you from A to B or where the fuck you want to ... A PC ... is to do computing things as in do school work or your job or do the occasional videogaming .... a car thats a pc is literally the dumbest shit in the world 

Also if you knew ... most people will never directly know when they are actually hacked until the hacker wants you to know it 

Please take your head out of Elon Musks ass and start thinking. 
Yes tesla may have started the wave of EVs ... are they the best ... fuck no. Is the companny dumb as shit? not always but some of their decisions sure are(main example is what you posted)

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

32 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

yep. shitbox life ain't the life for me. Working on cars all day, then working on your own? Naw, thats the last thing I want to do

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

52 minutes ago, vetali said:

yep. shitbox life ain't the life for me. Working on cars all day, then working on your own? Naw, thats the last thing I want to do

Cracking up at the thought of you trying to slide under a Civic

5 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Cracking up at the thought of you trying to slide under a Civic

Used to when my sister had hers.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

Sadly at this point I have no choice, needs a water pump and alternator. WP took a poop about a month after the radiator, 8yr/80K miles eh ok for aftermarket parts. WP is behind the timing belt so time to do that again. I was limping it along until after the holidays but then the alternator took a dump also on Wednesday night, original unit at 197k miles so I guess I can't complain there either. It's been whining real bad with probably a failing diode for a long long time. Growling and very low charge voltage now so I think it's ate a brush. I have a good fully charged battery in it, a 2nd OK-ish battery, and a long jumper cable. Gonna run off 2 batteries to get my 13 miles to work tomorrow morning and get er done on Monday as soon as I free up a rack, it's gotta cool off when I get to work anyway. Got an Audi A5 that just needs the chassis brace and underpanels on it so that'll go back together quickly. I need to car shop this summer, it's not like I don't have money set aside I just still can't decide how nice a car I want for daily beater and then car prices went insane.

Be there or be square

Must mean I'll turn into a square whenever a Tesla in autopilot runs me over because it's dogshit

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

4 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Yeah, because the car you drive defines if you can have a license or not. LMAO

The car does not, but buying a car specifically to be able to break rules on the other hand.....

42 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

The car does not, but buying a car specifically to be able to break rules on the other hand.....

then buying any car being able to go above speed limits should be illegal?

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

2 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

but buying a car specifically to be able to break rules on the other hand.....

Is pure genius.....the only thing that makes even better is the fact it instills road rage in other roads users  oh the fun you can have, brightens my day right up. Look you have the hump and I haven't even carved you up yet lol .

Pete

1 hour ago, PandaCopyRight said:

Don't give Musk any ideas.

5 hours ago, Bitter said:

Sadly at this point I have no choice, needs a water pump and alternator. WP took a poop about a month after the radiator, 8yr/80K miles eh ok for aftermarket parts. WP is behind the timing belt so time to do that again. I was limping it along until after the holidays but then the alternator took a dump also on Wednesday night, original unit at 197k miles so I guess I can't complain there either. It's been whining real bad with probably a failing diode for a long long time. Growling and very low charge voltage now so I think it's ate a brush. I have a good fully charged battery in it, a 2nd OK-ish battery, and a long jumper cable. Gonna run off 2 batteries to get my 13 miles to work tomorrow morning and get er done on Monday as soon as I free up a rack, it's gotta cool off when I get to work anyway. Got an Audi A5 that just needs the chassis brace and underpanels on it so that'll go back together quickly. I need to car shop this summer, it's not like I don't have money set aside I just still can't decide how nice a car I want for daily beater and then car prices went insane.

just change everything so nothing will break again for the next 100k or so /s

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

25 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

just change everything so nothing will break again for the next 100k or so /s

I'm almost there! Just need to replace the body and I'm all set.

13 minutes ago, Bitter said:

I'm almost there! Just need to replace the body and I'm all set.

I'm sure you can find bits of one at a pull a part.

2 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I'm sure you can find bits of one at a pull a part.

Which button do I press for doubt? 98-02, a Mazda, and the dopey 626 at that. Nah, what's rusting is the frame part of the uni-body in the back where they all rust, same as the Protege's rust since the 626 was just an engorged Protege basically. There's not usually 20+ year old cars in junk yards around here, especially not something that wasn't a million a year seller like a Civic or Camry. In 1998 Mazda sold a total of 240,000 vehicles in the US, the 626 was a paltry fraction of that vs the likes of the Miata, the Ranger, the MX6, etc. It wasn't even Japan built, it rolled out of the same factory that the Mustang did. Car's a bastard but it's been pretty cheap and reliable. Got a good enough stereo in it and some good headlights, heat is hot and the AC is cold.

I suspect when car prices drop to regular levels there's probably going to be a rash of good used cars come on the market from everyone who was waiting to buy a new car. I'll find something. Possibly considering a plug in hybrid if the prices are OK.

10 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

Dont imagine things into my post.... 🤦‍♂️

13 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

2 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

Dont imagine things into my post.... 🤦‍♂️

Didn't know going above the speed limit wasn't breaking rules. Well then, I'm going to blast down the city at 200kph, bye now

9 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Didn't know going above the speed limit wasn't breaking rules.

Seems like reading comprehension is luxury nowadays.....

9 minutes ago, willies leg said:

Nope.

A car can now compute and is greater than either your PC or your phone. Get with the program.

Ok, so Tesla's "computers" are using better hardware (let me just say that it is nonexistant, Tesla isn't pulling hardware better than what's available out of their asses) than what a high end PC would have? I will press X for doubt on that one, with pleasure, and multiple times.

Also I love how Tesla """""fans""""" just plain and simply deny logic. You sure need an auto driving car (but not a Tesla) because without them you won't go very far.

25 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Tesla isn't pulling hardware better than what's available out of their asses

Course they are, its tesla. Musks a time traveller from the future obvs

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

45 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Ok, so Tesla's "computers" are using better hardware (let me just say that it is nonexistant, Tesla isn't pulling hardware better than what's available out of their asses) than what a high end PC would have? I will press X for doubt on that one, with pleasure, and multiple times.

Also I love how Tesla """""fans""""" just plain and simply deny logic. You sure need an auto driving car (but not a Tesla) because without them you won't go very far.

Yes, why yes they are building and using better hardware.

https://www.autopilotreview.com/tesla-custom-ai-chips-hardware-3/

"Compared to the competition, in terms of sheer computing power, the comparable NVIDIA Xavier system runs at 21 TOPS, whereas the FSD Computer runs at 144 TOPS, 7X faster."

And they have a better back end.

https://towardsdatascience.com/tesla-ai-day-2021-review-part-3-project-dojo-teslas-new-supercomputer-715d102dbb29

So while Honda, Toyota, Ford and others build a car, yank out the gas engine and parts and shoehorn in an electric motor and battery, Tesla is changing the world with their innovation. openness, and environmental responsibility.

40 minutes ago, willies leg said:

Yes, why yes they are building and using better hardware.

https://www.autopilotreview.com/tesla-custom-ai-chips-hardware-3/

"Compared to the competition, in terms of sheer computing power, the comparable NVIDIA Xavier system runs at 21 TOPS, whereas the FSD Computer runs at 144 TOPS, 7X faster."

And they have a better back end.

https://towardsdatascience.com/tesla-ai-day-2021-review-part-3-project-dojo-teslas-new-supercomputer-715d102dbb29

So while Honda, Toyota, Ford and others build a car, yank out the gas engine and parts and shoehorn in an electric motor and battery, Tesla is changing the world with their innovation. openness, and environmental responsibility.

I'll wait patiently sitting in a comfortable chair for that to be released and actually hold true to what is being said and announced. Not usually the case with Tesla.

Innovation, pfft.

Openness to take your money and make false promises. And also open to racial discrimination. Innovation that excites.

https://www.protocol.com/workplace/tesla-fremont-racism-discrimination
Environmental responsibility, yeah, right.

https://www.telesurenglish.net/news/elon-musk-confesses-to-lithium-coup-in-bolivia-20200725-0010.html

https://catapa.be/en/lithium-exploitation-is-drying-out-the-worlds-driest-desert/