Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

18 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Pick one 😂

Seriously though, my Uncle had a 2005/2006 liberty limited with all the options. He had to have the engine replace/rebuilt twice (due to bearing issues IIRC) within only 5-7 years of owning it. 

I'll speak for mine 🤣 It was reliable. They have such a bad reputation, like most chrysler/jeep/dodge/fiat/whatever next brand they'll come with I guess, but it gave me good service.

People often made fun of me when getting to offroad meet-up with it. Always the same thing, don't come with us, the wrangler will have to spend their day towing you blablabla. Needless to say, I never got towed, but did tow my fair share of wrangler. Never saw a broken 4runner or an old cherokee with the inline V6 in my 3-4 years of trail. Only wrangler, various pick-up and a X-terra once. 

BDS made one heavily modded Liberty with the diesel engine a while ago. This thing was a real beast.

16 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

I've put 3k miles on my work truck in the last 2.5 weeks since it last went in for an oil change. At this rate it's gonna have to go in once a month

One of my mates does roadside assist and reckons hes put about 3k on his van since last sunday lmao

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

3 hours ago, martin_metal_88 said:

chrysler

Whenever i see this brand it makes me think of my friends Chrysler van.. Somehow never broke down and it used expensive petrol in norway.. When it was 1.2 or 1.3€ it wasnt bad.. Now that we are nearing 1.8 or 1.9€ for a LITER.. (0.26Gallon) things are getting desperate.. Odd thing is, that damn car is still running to this day.

All tho, "NeVeR" never lasts and ive been hearing it make really loud explosion sounds lately from BEHIND a big hill where the owner keeps it.. Its not gonna live for much longer.

Edited by MultiGamerClub
*live

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

A pic with a story:

image.png

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Anyone else feel that driving a small car is dangerous? I don't live in an area with a ton of trucks, but I feel like a larger car would be safer on the freeway.

I know @bcredeur97drives his Touareg instead of the Miata now....

IMG-0691.JPG

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Mighta found my new wheel and tire package for the exploder

Snapchat-1107298660.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

6 hours ago, arnavvr said:

Anyone else feel that driving a small car is dangerous? I don't live in an area with a ton of trucks, but I feel like a larger car would be safer on the freeway.

I know @bcredeur97drives his Touareg instead of the Miata now....

-snip-

I don't know what it is, the older I get the more dangerous it feels lol. Vehicles keep getting heavier too. And SUV's are flying off the shelves(guess I'm guilty now smh). Miata just isn't safe to be in everyday.

Kind of the deal breaker for me is the main freeway I have to take is full of crazies. Just too easy for someone to not see you... That said bigger vehicles you have a bit more responsibility on your part too. If you hit someone in a small car it's well.. easier to hurt or kill someone when your car weighs double theirs. That said... a lot of sedans are pushing 4000 lbs now... The touareg with the diesel engine is around 5000. But the miata? 2300.  It's just gonna fly across the road if it gets hit at a decent speed.... 0 protection if it rolls and if you add protection, you have to worry about hitting your head on it.

what is it about multi-lane in-town freeways that makes people drive stupid? It's even worse in big cities... Like driving through New Orleans, Dallas, Houston, Denver, Salt Lake City, Atlanta (that's all the big ones ive been to anyway). Multi-lane freeway through middle of town and everyone drives like it's a free-for-all. I hate it.  I don't know how people deal with that every day.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Mighta found my new wheel and tire package for the exploder

-snip-

clean them up and it'll work well I think! 

Spoiler

19 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

clean them up and it'll work well I think! 

32x10.5R15s on some old 90s Jeep stock wheels. Need to test fit them first and make sure they clear the brake assembly since I'd be "downsizing" from 17s to 15s. Prolly gonna do that some time in the next week or so. And if they fit well enough, I'll finally throw the lift kit on it. Been mega busy with work. We're down 4 people out of the office right now for various reasons. So I'm 3 days into my week and past 40 hours already. Then we're doing our charity stream this Saturday into Sunday, going for a 24 hour. So that's this weekend gone as well 😅

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

11 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Pick one 😂

Seriously though, my Uncle had a 2005/2006 liberty limited with all the options. He had to have the engine replace/rebuilt twice (due to bearing issues IIRC) within only 5-7 years of owning it. 

It seems to me Jeeps always some kind of issue.

My mom's Cherokee was chock-full of electrical issues with the insturment cluster and lights, all that happened more than once along the way too.
I'm also aware of others with the same vehicle and issues too and those problems aren't limited to just a certain year range, it's like all the Cherokee's of that make/model range (Square body) have it to some extent.
The engine itself (4.0Ltr inline 6) was good and ran fine, was still running great after one of my nephews inherited it after she passed but the electrical gremlins were still raging in the dash. 

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

Well we finnaly got a dump big enough to switch some tires over but i want to refinish my ozs before i slap them on.  Do e white foe the last 12 years so thinking of going gold.

Pic of wheels and car i  question

ip8LPO5.jpg

On 12/8/2021 at 7:22 PM, arnavvr said:

Anyone else feel that driving a small car is dangerous?

Nope.

5 hours ago, JokerProduction said:

Well we finnaly got a dump big enough to switch some tires over but i want to refinish my ozs before i slap them on.  Do e white foe the last 12 years so thinking of going gold.

I reckon gold would pretty cool on that.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

6 hours ago, JokerProduction said:

Pic of wheels and car i  question

ip8LPO5.jpg

Yes. I love it. It looks like you stole wheels off a 7th Gen Celica. I do love 5 spokes.

2 hours ago, Bitter said:

Yes. I love it. It looks like you stole wheels off a 7th Gen Celica. I do love 5 spokes.

They do look similiar but they are legit 16" oz chronos.

I really like the 17 te37s that im currently rocking but the tires on em are crap on ice even with awd.

HL00BEs.jpeg

1 hour ago, JokerProduction said:

They do look similiar but they are legit 16" oz chronos.

I really like the 17 te37s that im currently rocking but the tires on em are crap on ice even with awd.

HL00BEs.jpeg

Have you considered the 7th gen TRD wheels? I know they're 18's and like boat anchors but if you're looking for a non performance wheel they do look nice. For performance, yeah light 16's are the way to go and a lot of tire options are available. I really like the Dunlop Z3's I have on my 7th Gen, predictable performance.

8 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Nope.

You're Portuguese, not American 😉

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

5 hours ago, arnavvr said:

He also secretly loves diesels

14 hours ago, arnavvr said:

Sounds like a you problem :old-tongue:

8 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

You know me so well :old-love:

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

On 12/10/2021 at 11:39 AM, AlwaysFSX said:

20 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

You know me so well :old-love:

go get a room you 2 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Another Hyundai/Kia and another bad engine, 2.0 turbo this time with a P1326 Knock sensor signal range/performance and a flashing engine light. 2qts down on oil, fill it up, clear the code so it'll actually run/drive and about 2/3 through the test drive it's at full temp and rattling away, boogie back to the shop and type it up to go to the dealer and beg for mercy.

Thought i was pretty set on going gold for the rims but i had to see this rando picture.  I hate the rims but the color is making me think red.  Someone talk me down

Screenshot_20211212-082449_Facebook.jpg

18 minutes ago, JokerProduction said:

Thought i was pretty set on going gold for the rims but i had to see this rando picture.  I hate the rims but the color is making me think red.  Someone talk me down

dont go for a bright color .. its gonna suck to keep them clean

something like a dark bronze or gun mental gray would be best imo 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Had to drive a company car yesterday, turns out the manufacturers servers were down for some reason and because of that the entertainment system was totally unusable (i mean totally, no radio, no local media, nothing). What ind of moron programmed it in a way where the whole thing "dies" if it cant reach some servers.... 🤦‍♂️