Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

3 hours ago, RGBoy said:

Ed Bolian, entrepreneur of VinWiki and previous Cannonball run record holder, goes to my church. I just figured this out a week ago. Ive talked to him before, not knowing the legend behind the man. I know his kids. He's been there, all this time, and I had no idea. I saw him drive his fancy cars before, but just thought nothing of it. Ive always just known him as "Ed", nothing else. I recently saw his picture in some article, and went down the rabbit hole. Ive known this guy for years and had no idea he was kind of a big name in cars. Smh im kinda dumb 

I'd leave him alone at church other that saying hi and nice car or something mundane. If you know the kids better you could tell them how dumb you feel, they'd probably get a laugh.

17 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

squint

What? Should be same or newer SYNC that I use and I can play music off my phone.

*shrugs* if you have any suggestions on how to get it working, I'm all ears. It's definitely a Microsoft Sync system - I don't know what generation.

I am able to pair a phone via bluetooth, however, none of the options on the Infotainment System appear to activate Bluetooth music.

When you press the "MEDIA" button on the Infotainment system, it activates the Line-in 3.5mm AUX connection.

The model we have has the smaller screen and no SatNav. This is it here:

2013-Ford-Fusion-stereo_8538_057_640x480

Pressing the Music Note button allows you to adjust Treble, bass, etc. The "PHONE" button seems to be limited to Bluetooth calling.

When connecting Bluetooth and playing music via the phone, none of the different options seem to pipe the music through the speakers.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

8 minutes ago, DriftMan said:

There are tons in Eastern Europe, sure you could easily get an E30 and another engine separatedly for an awesome project! Those engines are really easy to restore, I'd like to get my hands on a M42 and make a stroker (M47 crankshaft, M54 pistons and rods), those engines are cheap here, the only major issue would be tuning the ECU

youd be surprised i guess... most of them are already freshly restored/ rebuilt or so far gone that they work only as scrap ... IF you can find any
id go to Germany for one tbh
Plus id go for an M50B30 build ... maybe add a tiny snail later on 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

Tread depth is fine, this is fine. Nothing wrong with this tire.

IMG_20210419_115424.jpg

IMG_20210419_115433.jpg

is that a revulcanized tire, since it gives way like that..

never seen that, seen tires dying in the carcass after 40k but never delamination like that, other than on lorries on the freeway where they throw the full thread .. which is dangerous as f... but guess "price" is more important that other drivers.

2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

*shrugs* if you have any suggestions on how to get it working, I'm all ears. It's definitely a Microsoft Sync system - I don't know what generation.

I am able to pair a phone via bluetooth, however, none of the options on the Infotainment System appear to activate Bluetooth music.

When you press the "MEDIA" button on the Infotainment system, it activates the Line-in 3.5mm AUX connection.

The model we have has the smaller screen and no SatNav. This is it here:

Pressing the Music Note button allows you to adjust Treble, bass, etc. The "PHONE" button seems to be limited to Bluetooth calling.

When connecting Bluetooth and playing music via the phone, none of the different options seem to pipe the music through the speakers.

This is what I'm working with:

https://www.fordofwesleychapel.com/assets/stock/expanded/white/640/2011frd009a_640/2011frd009a_640_20.jpg?height=600

If I remember correctly because it's been a hot minute, for me I have to click the Menu button and scroll with the Tune knob to Bluetooth Audio and hit Ok. That's after the phone is paired to the truck, of course. But then any media I play on my phone will go through the truck's speakers.

5 hours ago, RasmusDC said:

never seen that, seen tires dying in the carcass after 40k but never delamination like that, other than on lorries on the freeway where they throw the full thread .. which is dangerous as f... but guess "price" is more important that other drivers.

Nah, it looks like a really really bad alignment by the feathering on the edge + driving hektic

Gonna be rolling into the shop myself here soon

https://streamable.com/z81of9

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

5 hours ago, RasmusDC said:

Nope, just a regular tire on a Chevy 2500 van. Tire was from about 2014 though so getting old. Looks like a steel belt inside broke and that's what happens. 

1 hour ago, vetali said:

Nah, it looks like a really really bad alignment by the feathering on the edge + driving hektic

Gonna be rolling into the shop myself here soon

https://streamable.com/z81of9

Don't think they're driving a 2012 Chevy Express 4.8L reefer van hectic, and this was the rear so no alignment issue. Just a bad tire that went really bad really fast. It's supposed to have E load rating tires on it so now it's at least got a pair of the correct load rating tires in the rear. I don't think they load it up heavy, more about needing the space for food/food equipment.

8 hours ago, Bitter said:

"Send it"

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

16 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

This is what I'm working with:

https://www.fordofwesleychapel.com/assets/stock/expanded/white/640/2011frd009a_640/2011frd009a_640_20.jpg?height=600

If I remember correctly because it's been a hot minute, for me I have to click the Menu button and scroll with the Tune knob to Bluetooth Audio and hit Ok. That's after the phone is paired to the truck, of course. But then any media I play on my phone will go through the truck's speakers.

Ahh I see - F-150 I assume? As you can see, our dashboards are very different. I'll see if there's anything buried in the Menu button (last time I looked there wasn't), and have a look for Bluetooth Audio.

It seems like a rather odd limitation to me, but perhaps on this particular version of the system they didn't implement Bluetooth music.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Ahh I see - F-150 I assume? As you can see, our dashboards are very different. I'll see if there's anything buried in the Menu button (last time I looked there wasn't), and have a look for Bluetooth Audio.

It seems like a rather odd limitation to me, but perhaps on this particular version of the system they didn't implement Bluetooth music.

Software should be similar, if not the same.

23 hours ago, Bitter said:

IMG_20210419_115424.jpg

IMG_20210419_115433.jpg

That's a lightning bolt pattern; Clearly by design for Lightning McQueen :^) 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

3 hours ago, Benji said:

Where is the voice command button in that car?

I'll have to check, but I believe it's on the steering wheel, on the right side.

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Could be *shrugs*

23 hours ago, Bitter said:

I certainly see at least 3mm of depth. 

Why is this so hard for people? This is like the 3rd time this year.

20210420_144808.jpg

56 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Why is this so hard for people? This is like the 3rd time this year.

20210420_144808.jpg

What are those for flushing?

29 minutes ago, the gamer that is bad said:

What are those for flushing?

Brake bleeders, air goes up, bleeders go up. Bleeders down, air still goes up.

This thing is freaking awesome. The electronics are kinda weird though. Surprised they didn't just use a standalone ECU, prob would of been easier? 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

7 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Just wanted to let you know that I managed to get Bluetooth Audio working today. It was convoluted as fuck but now it’s working (and bonus points as the steering controls [fwd and back] work as well). 

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Just wanted to let you know that I managed to get Bluetooth Audio working today. It was convoluted as fuck but now it’s working (and bonus points as the steering controls [fwd and back] work as well). 

Yee it's really annoying, did you have to go through the menu like I do or is it some other process?

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Yee it's really annoying, did you have to go through the menu like I do or is it some other process?

Yeah - I don’t actually recall the exact process (as I was literally at the point of hitting random buttons) but I had to go through one of the menus (I think the menu Button itself and then into some sub menus). 

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Yeah - I don’t actually recall the exact process (as I was literally at the point of hitting random buttons) but I had to go through one of the menus (I think the menu Button itself and then into some sub menus). 

Wow that sounds more annoying. I hope at least you don't have to deal with setting that to be on most times you get in the vehicle, like I do. :'D

55 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Wow that sounds more annoying. I hope at least you don't have to deal with setting that to be on most times you get in the vehicle, like I do. :'D

That era of car infotainment is so great /s 

central touchscreen that has everything isn’t so bad when you compare it to stuff like that lol 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1