Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

6 hours ago, Bitter said:

Found a used one, was no good.

Got the busted part of the axle out.

Gonna use the shaft frome the bad diff in the original one that snapped the shaft and cross our fingers cause used ones are hard to come by.

quality nissan parts right there.

Honda is closing the plant in the EU that makes most of the hatchbacks and Type Rs. Hinting towards 2021 for the next gen and production of the hatchback and Type R would move to NA. Should really help with availability. Ours still has no ETA to being dropped off. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

15 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Formerly in the EU, isn't it in Brexitland?

Yes, and people are saying thats the reason but Honda is denying. Which I don't agree with. Hatchbacks are a really strong seller. Outselling Honda's expectations. Sucks for the jobs lost, but brexit gonna brexit. 

Works out well for NA people like us if they do make the Type R here. Thats if they make it next gen. With declining sedan sales I could seem them pausing it for next gen and focus on their EVs and maybe a s2k. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

29 minutes ago, vetali said:

Works out well for NA people like us if they do make the Type R here. Thats if they make it next gen. With declining sedan sales I could seem them pausing it for next gen and focus on their EVs and maybe a s2k. 

Or they could keep it in production and be one of the few performance hatches on the market. Apparently the new 2020 Focus ST isn't coming to America, so another one bites the dust. Would be interesting to see how Honda goes about making a new s2k.

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

2 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

Or they could keep it in production and be one of the few performance hatches on the market. Apparently the new 2020 Focus ST isn't coming to America, so another one bites the dust. Would be interesting to see how Honda goes about making a new s2k.

Focus has been confirmed RIP in NA for a while. I'd agree, but car sales are really weak. It would be interesting to see how the Type R would do without the exclusivity and markups. Then again, ours got a deposit as soon as we announced. Bummer, because it'd be cool if it was in the show room for a while.

I think a S2k would be a very strong car right now, especially if they put a 1.5t at around a specced out MX-5/BRZZZ. Then threw a 2.0t in to compete with the Supra. Now would be a good time to do so because this decade is likely the last of fully ICE sports cars. 

15 minutes ago, vetali said:

Focus has been confirmed RIP in NA for a while. I'd agree, but car sales are really weak. It would be interesting to see how the Type R would do without the exclusivity and markups. Then again, ours got a deposit as soon as we announced. Bummer, because it'd be cool if it was in the show room for a while.

I think a S2k would be a very strong car right now, especially if they put a 1.5t at around a specced out MX-5/BRZZZ. Then threw a 2.0t in to compete with the Supra. Now would be a good time to do so because this decade is likely the last of fully ICE sports cars.

Don't forget the Focus Active! Agreed with the s2k. Would be cool to see them try to compete with the 3.0 Supra as well, though that's definitely a stretch.

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

8 hours ago, FuzzyYellow said:

I know a guy who just had a transmission go out under warranty on a QX80.

I’m actually not surprised by that. It’s definetly not a great trans. It’s almost like it purposefully slips too much which is great for comfort but if you want clutch packs to last a while.... not so much

im complaining but when it comes to bigger vehicles I complain. No one can seem to make me happy 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

11 hours ago, Bitter said:

Yeah, the broken ring gear one didn't smell as bad as the snapped axle one. The shop still reeeeeeks so bad people keep asking if we have a gas leak.

Rear end grease is absolutely disgusting, though at least I have the luxury of being able to work on it all outside at my home. I've had the misfortune of smelling the stuff multiple times this past summer, all because of seized or otherwise destroyed gears. Found out the rear end housing was actually bent after the 3rd seizure when we found the carrier wouldn't even sit properly in the housing once the bearing caps were tightened. Ruined 3 perfectly fine and very difficult to come by sets of gears. Pinions turn into a half-eaten ice cream cone. ?

IMG_20180808_181954.jpg

IMG_20180618_210410.jpg

38 minutes ago, stoob said:

Rear end grease is absolutely disgusting, though at least I have the luxury of being able to work on it all outside at my home. I've had the misfortune of smelling the stuff multiple times this past summer, all because of seized or otherwise destroyed gears. Found out the rear end housing was actually bent after the 3rd seizure when we found the carrier wouldn't even sit properly in the housing once the bearing caps were tightened. Ruined 3 perfectly fine and very difficult to come by sets of gears. Pinions turn into a half-eaten ice cream cone. ?

How many times do we have to tell you to stop putting distributors in the rear end?

[Under Construction]

.. damn man, i really hate living in DK, with the insane taxation on cars. 

have my 2017 B8 Passat, and just ordered a Polo 200HP GTI as the wifecar, but that is all you can get here, if you are middle class..

really wanted more than 4 cylinders, but with the taxation it is simply not possible, so i just have to "drool" on what others can play with..

even buying and old 540i or something like that, then emissions tax is insane.

1 hour ago, RasmusDC said:

.. damn man, i really hate living in DK, with the insane taxation on cars. 

have my 2017 B8 Passat, and just ordered a Polo 200HP GTI as the wifecar, but that is all you can get here, if you are middle class..

really wanted more than 4 cylinders, but with the taxation it is simply not possible, so i just have to "drool" on what others can play with..

even buying and old 540i or something like that, then emissions tax is insane.

But think about how you're saving the environment! /s

I know what I have to do now

20190220_011747.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Yup. Told the guy tearing it down I didn't think it damaged the brakes but he'll have to inspect them once they're off. He didn't inspect them till now after they've been off for a couple days lol. Rotor ate the bracket pretty badly right into the slide as a matter of fact, don't see that too often!

IMG_20190219_174246.jpg

Friend of mine managed to crash again when he came in town yesterday. He’s 3 out of 3 in terms of car ownership and crashing said car. Sigh :/ 

I don’t understand and I really want to help him at this point but I’m not sure how.

anyway... he pulled out in front of someone in an older dodge sedan on a highway, car slammed into passenger side front door, pushed his car about 20 feet, through a concrete mailbox, and into a ditch. Everyone was fine. The worst of which was my friend Matt afaik(not sure what happened to other driver, who apparently started making a scene only when the ambulance showed up) who was with him, he was fine at the time of accident but a few hours later decided to go to a hospital after getting some symptoms and they told him he had a concussion. 

Luckily my friend was a newer car, otherwise prob would of been a bit different. You can’t see much damage, I guess because of where the car hit, notice the roundish imprint at the base of the door. Matt said he was very surprised it looked so minor because he doesn’t think the lady in the other car slowed down at all...And it’s a 55mph road. Ain’t much crumple zone at the doors though I guess 

this is also the the first time I see his “new” car. A 2019 Santa Fe. I’m not the biggest fan of SUV’s but it was Actually pretty nice inside. Or well... was. 

9BDACC36-BCD3-47F2-9C5A-911DA93C9E23.jpeg

EFF8E076-C9D4-4DF7-B6E2-48A0E702764A.jpeg

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

At some point, soon, his insurance rates will be soo high he won't be able to afford to insure a new or even newer car.

7 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Friend of mine managed to crash again when he came in town yesterday. He’s 3 out of 3 in terms of car ownership and crashing said car. Sigh :/ 

I don’t understand and I really want to help him at this point but I’m not sure how.

anyway... he pulled out in front of someone in an older dodge sedan on a highway, car slammed into passenger side front door, pushed his car about 20 feet, through a concrete mailbox, and into a ditch. Everyone was fine. The worst of which was my friend Matt afaik(not sure what happened to other driver, who apparently started making a scene only when the ambulance showed up) who was with him, he was fine at the time of accident but a few hours later decided to go to a hospital after getting some symptoms and they told him he had a concussion. 

Luckily my friend was a newer car, otherwise prob would of been a bit different. You can’t see much damage, I guess because of where the car hit, notice the roundish imprint at the base of the door. Matt said he was very surprised it looked so minor because he doesn’t think the lady in the other car slowed down at all...And it’s a 55mph road. Ain’t much crumple zone at the doors though I guess 

this is also the the first time I see his “new” car. A 2019 Santa Fe. I’m not the biggest fan of SUV’s but it was Actually pretty nice inside. Or well... was. 

hope insurance and all that sorts itself, good that nobody got especially hurt at least

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

41 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Glad everyone is ok. 

I'd hate to have to pay your friends insurance bill if he's consistently totalling out cars. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

9BDACC36-BCD3-47F2-9C5A-911DA93C9E23.jpeg

EFF8E076-C9D4-4DF7-B6E2-48A0E702764A.jpeg

Jeepers. Is this the Matt that had the ecoboost mustang and then the f150?

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

At some point, soon, his insurance rates will be soo high he won't be able to afford to insure a new or even newer car.

1 hour ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Glad everyone is ok. 

I'd hate to have to pay your friends insurance bill if he's consistently totalling out cars. 

Keep in mind we are in Louisiana too which already has some of the highest insurance rates in the country :/ I really hope all goes well with that. He’s on his dad’s insurance and they might drop him, his dad totaled a bmw recently in a flood, combined with my friends accident history, isn’t looking good.

He’s probably gonna have to get a used cheap liability-only car or something, and honestly he should def get off his dad’s insurance before he really messes him up...

57 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

Jeepers. Is this the Matt that had the ecoboost mustang and then the f150?

Well matt has had an a ‘98 F150, ecoboost mustang, 2014 RAM 1500, and now he has a lifted 2015 I think GMC Sierra Denali 

Spoiler

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

Reading the post I think Matt was the passenger 

Yes Matt was passenger 

Spoiler

47 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Keep in mind we are in Louisiana too which already has some of the highest insurance rates in the country :/ 

Your friend is the reason why and needs his license revoked...

1 hour ago, vinyldash303 said:

Reading the post I think Matt was the passenger 

Keep in mind we are in Louisiana too which already has some of the highest insurance rates in the country :/ I really hope all goes well with that. He’s on his dad’s insurance and they might drop him, his dad totaled a bmw recently in a flood, combined with my friends accident history, isn’t looking good.

He’s probably gonna have to get a used cheap liability-only car or something, and honestly he should def get off his dad’s insurance before he really messes him up...

Well matt has had an a ‘98 F150, ecoboost mustang, 2014 RAM 1500, and now he has a lifted 2015 I think GMC Sierra Denali 

Yes Matt was passenger 

doink. I need to go back to first grade.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

1 hour ago, vinyldash303 said:

At least you don't gotta go back to driving school like that guy

Dude needs some help. Idk what to do. Not like I can tell him to just take the bus because that’s not a thing here 

here it’s poor drivers + high NEED to drive which = disaster

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Dude needs some help. Idk what to do. Not like I can tell him to just take the bus because that’s not a thing here 

here it’s poor drivers + high NEED to drive which = disaster

See if you can get him to take a defensive driving course, IDK if they have that there but it also works well for insurance.