Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

30 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Iron block LS pls

5.0 fords are going to be the next LS

change my mind

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

2 minutes ago, vetali said:

change my mind

I would love to believe that, unless you mean the Coyote (in which case I do).

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

1 minute ago, Cereal5 said:

I would love to believe that, unless you mean the Coyote (in which case I do).

yes, coyote. 

too easy to total the aluminum body trucks. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

16 minutes ago, vetali said:

change my mind

there's like a billion different LS variants that you can find that are cheap as shit

maybe with time but we'll see

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

23 minutes ago, vetali said:

change my mind

and unlike the ls, the coyote actually sounds good

change my mind

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

3 minutes ago, terrytek said:

change my mind

bus fumes getting to your head again?

39 minutes ago, terrytek said:

change my mind

V8s sound the same, don't be a :jerseybarrier:

1 hour ago, vinyldash303 said:

The ecotech ls sure as hell wont be

Speaking of Ecotec 

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=483894076

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Did they take those pictures on a camera that uses a floppy or did they get out their first gen Razr flip phone?

7 hours ago, vetali said:

change my mind

I'm a Ford guy, but I disagree with you on this.

The Coyote is an awesome engine, as is the LS series but one of the reasons people put LS motors in everything under the sun is that it fits just about everywhere. The OHV arrangement of the LS series makes for a very small and lightweight package, that simply will not be matched by a DOHC configuration. 

661029d1501397581-ford-coyote-swaps-do-t

The LS motors are not even a ton larger than a Miata engine:

tboltEP3_03.jpg

I would love to see the Coyote become the next big engine, but I just don't see it. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

23 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

The Coyote is an awesome engine, as is the LS series but one of the reasons people put LS motors in everything under the sun is that it fits just about everywhere. The OHV arrangement of the LS series makes for a very small and lightweight package, that simply will not be matched by a DOHC configuration. 

I would love to see the Coyote become the next big engine, but I just don't see it. 

The new Ford 7.3L on the other hand...... ?

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I am pretty interested to see what that thing as to offer. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

A 68 camaro that's street legal but whoops on the strip. Would you:

1. Turbo charge

2. Super charge

3. Nitrous

If you want to see a pic, just look at the one on my profile.

I'm gonna go find my own tech support...

with BLACKJACK and HOOKERS!

(Welcome to LTT Forums)

1 hour ago, Real_PhillBert said:

People will chop the shit outta anything to make something fit for a swap, they do it for LS, they'll do it for whatever the next fad engine is. 

Thing is, LS (or any SBC) is gonna start going up in price and mileage for bone yard examples. They're no longer produced. 

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Add a big supercharger. 1200hp easy

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

mind=blown

2 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

2 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I am pretty interested to see what that thing as to offer. 

I definitely thought it was a 7.3L diesel at first. So bummed wen I found out it was a gasser.

speaking of 7.3L engines, both me, and my dad are now proud owners of 7.3L vehicles. He bought a 1999 f250 7.3L in MN with NO RUST!!!! it has a ton of miles (278,000), and isn't in perfect shape, but he got it for a song of $6600. and it has a replaced engine. He bought it to pull a fifth wheel camper. His tundra is staying in the family too. My little brother is keeping that. 

since he's upgrading to a fifth wheel, he's selling the 7.3L banks turbo IDI motorhome, and I'm buying that. It needs some work, but it'll be a fun project, and this thing was like a 200,000 motorhome when it was new. Only has 115k miles on it as well.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

38 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

mind=blown

I definitely thought it was a 7.3L diesel at first. So bummed wen I found out it was a gasser.

speaking of 7.3L engines, both me, and my dad are now proud owners of 7.3L vehicles. He bought a 1999 f250 7.3L in MN with NO RUST!!!! it has a ton of miles (278,000), and isn't in perfect shape, but he got it for a song of $6600. and it has a replaced engine. He bought it to pull a fifth wheel camper. His tundra is staying in the family too. My little brother is keeping that. 

since he's upgrading to a fifth wheel, he's selling the 7.3L banks turbo IDI motorhome, and I'm buying that. It needs some work, but it'll be a fun project, and this thing was alike a 200,000 motorhome when it was new. Only has 115k miles on it as well.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Ford release a large displacement (ok larger than 6.7L) diesel in the future for the >1 ton, but I would be surprised to see one in the 3/4-1 ton segment; even with the current 6.7L in a 1 ton you can already reach CDL required towing, how much more can we really want out of a 1 ton?

Nice find on the F250, those 7.3L motors are damn near indestructible.  

1 minute ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I wouldnt be surprised to see Ford release a large displacement (ok larger than 6.7L) diesel in the future for the >1 ton, but I would be surprised to see one in the 3/4-1 ton segment; even with the current 6.7L in a 1 ton you can already reach CDL required towing, how much more can we really want out of a 1 ton?

Nice find on the F250, those 7.3L motors are damn near indestructible.  

yep. large displacement just isn't needed anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if the next generation of Diesel engines are all under 6L. 

the 7.3 powerstoke or the 5.9L cummins were the only ones my dad would look at. unfortunately the current tundra just isn't quite big enough to tow a fifth wheel and a second trailer with ATVs on it, which is what my dad wants to have the capability to do.

The dodge trucks of that era just aren't as nice as the fords, so the 7.3L was the top dog. he hates domestic vehicles with a passion, so it was a BIG step to move to a ford. He wouldn't have done it if my mom didn't trust the IDI.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

yep. large displacement just isn't needed anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if the next generation of Diesel engines are all under 6L. 

the 7.3 powerstoke or the 5.9L cummins were the only ones my dad would look at. unfortunately the current tundra just isn't quite big enough to tow a fifth wheel and a second trailer with ATVs on it, which is what my dad wants to have the capability to do.

The dodge trucks of that era just aren't as nice as the fords, so the 7.3L was the top dog. he hates domestic vehicles with a passion, so it was a BIG step to move to a ford. He wouldn't have done it if my mom didn't trust the IDI.

i just wished toyota stepped out into the heavier duty market. i think they're capable of being able to create an HD tundra.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

7 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i just wished toyota stepped out into the heavier duty market. i think they're capable of being able to create an HD tundra.

they are capable of it, it's just whether or not they'd make enough money to be worth the investment. 

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

1 minute ago, FuzzyYellow said:

they are capable of it, it's just whether or not they'd make enough money to be worth the investment. 

Hino.

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

I'm about to buy Grandad's 08 Tahoe. Bet your balls I'm gonna scoop a replacement 5.3 truck engine not too long after I get the vehicle itself. Gonna rebuild the one from the junk yard first and then swap the two, and then rebuild the second one so I have a spare.

but 6.0L

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I'm about to buy Grandad's 08 Tahoe. Bet your balls I'm gonna scoop a replacement 5.3 truck engine not too long after I get the vehicle itself. Gonna rebuild the one from the junk yard first and then swap the two, and then rebuild the second one so I have a spare.

When it comes to GM engines, it's always smart to have a spare...

;)

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

pft. probably wind up putting the spare in the S10 or something like that.

My dad's always wanted to build a go kart so maybe we'll put it in one of those for a few weeks or so. 500 hp LS kart. 

tahoe truck bed swap.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler