Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

18 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

as amazing as it is... i kinda want him to do the miata at least once lol. 

I totally need to not spend money on that... but i want to lol

18 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

no clue what he uses or if he would even tell me lol

Go check out ChrisFix on youtube he does some amazing videos on car detailing and honestly its super simple you just have to have the time, but he includes links to everything you need. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

On 1/2/2018 at 11:11 AM, terrytek said:

I like the fact that I can pick up a first gen LS400 for like pennies. I saw a running one for 250 bucks. And a facelifted 2nd gen is still cheap, around 2500 for one with about 200k miles. They're dirt cheap and that's what I like, being a semi broke student. Plus, cheap v8 power and luxury with nearly 300hp. And the reliability, can last damn near a million miles with good maintenance. The only downside is that it's automatic, but that's minor, besides, 5 speed in 98+ models, and you can stick it in 2 for slides.

Yeah, those cars are great for people on a budget. They are super reliable and give you a ton of bang for the buck. 

The manual swap is pretty amazing as well.

On 1/2/2018 at 11:53 AM, GlassBomb said:

You know Doug DeMuro's whole Dougscore deal?

How come the acceleration scores are so terrible? It's basically just scored between 3 and 7 seconds for 0-60 times.
Actually, no. It isn't basically a scale between 3-7 seconds. It LITERALLY is a scale between 3-7 seconds.

Anything getting 7 seconds or slower automatically gets a 1. And in what world is 7 seconds to 60 mph slow?

Well, Doug is used to reviewing supercars. I guess 7 seconds feels like an eternity when you are used to cars that do 0-60 in less than 3 seconds lol.

9 minutes ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

Yeah, those cars are great for people on a budget. They are super reliable and give you a ton of bang for the buck. 

The manual swap is pretty amazing as well.

Well, Doug is used to reviewing supercars. I guess 7 seconds feels like an eternity when you are used to cars that do 0-60 in less than 3 seconds lol.

Originally I wanted an m5 but now at this rate I can't afford one. an LS400 will have to do for now, and a goal is to earn enough to buy an m5. of course I'll still keep the LS.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 hour ago, terrytek said:

Originally I wanted an m5

Used ones are cheap!

I myself want a Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita but I will settle for a 2018 Ford F-450 4x4 crew cab

52 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Used ones are cheap!

I myself want a Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita but I will settle for a 2018 Ford F-450 4x4 crew cab

awww yeah, i really wish i could get a Koenigsegg Agera R .... such a beautiful masterpiece 

koenigsegg-agera-r-geneva.jpg

but will settle for a Volvo V70R maxresdefault.jpg

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

59 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Used ones are cheap!

Yeah, but E39s have upwards of 180k miles for around 8-9 grand. I would pay maybe 18k max for a relatively low mileage (~120-140k miles) example, one that I can somewhat beat on and have some fun and not feel like the car is tired.

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Long bed or short bed?

Does Ford make the F150 crew cab in long beds? I thought the general consensus with crew cab trucks is that you can't get long beds on them.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

37 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Does Ford make the F150 crew cab in long beds? I thought the general consensus with crew cab trucks is that you can't get long beds on them.

Well technically it's the medium sized bed since there's three total for the F-150, but for the SCREW you have two options, a 5.5' and 6.5' bed available (hence "long" bed). Regular cab and Super Cab have 6.5' and 8' beds available.

Fun thing, if you get the long bed you end up with a two piece drive shaft whereas the short bed gets a one piece drive shaft.

3 hours ago, terrytek said:

Yeah, but

If you like the styling, why not buy a blown engine fire unit from a damage auction like like IMPACT AUCTIONS, then figure out what motor you want, long block rebuilt or crate. I'd do like a 383 stroker but depends on your driving goals.

Are you capable of spinning wrench like that?

3 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Long bed or short bed?

Long Bed, with after market front and rear bumpers, lift kit, air bags, warn winch, roof rack, back window rack, led light bar above windshield. Arb Air Lockers front and rear, deuce axles, and a sneaker lift.

Get these guys to spin da wrenches!

https://www.dieselsellerz.com/

Just now, Canada EH said:

$4.5M

diamond coated paint

because normal paint simply wasn't good enough

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

3 hours ago, Mister2010 said:

but will settle for a Volvo V70R maxresdefault.jpg

My focus has the Volvo t5 Motor and I do find myself loving more and more volvo's jsut cause of how epic these T5's are

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

My Car in its current state. Exhaust finally finished. 

IMG_1020 (1).mov

EDIT:

Sorry will find a way to get is as a video you can watch not download

Redstone:

Obsidian:

4 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

My Car in its current state. Exhaust finally finished. 

IMG_1020 (1).mov

EDIT:

Sorry will find a way to get is as a video you can watch not download

try a unlisted youtube upload. that's what i typically do.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

9 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Whats normal?

what's life?

Spoiler

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

what's life?

whats the meaning of life

whats the purpose of your life

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

try a unlisted youtube upload. that's what i typically do.

Hows this :P Viemo to the rescue 

Redstone:

Obsidian:

1 minute ago, Not_Sean said:

Hows this :P Viemo to the rescue 

-snip-

sounds good lol

I'd drive it! Bet it's fun ^_^

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

whats the meaning of life

whats the purpose of your life

depends on one's personal beliefs :P

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Mister2010 said:

awww yeah, i really wish i could get a Koenigsegg Agera R .... such a beautiful masterpiece 

koenigsegg-agera-r-geneva.jpg

3 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

koengisegg-agera-R-three-quarters-in-mot

<3

Am I the only one who really dislikes the look of Koenigseggs? At least from the sides anyway. I also really dislike the way the Carrera GT (non convertible) looks from the side too. I think it has to do with the roof ending where it does.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

47 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

If you like the styling, why not buy a blown engine fire unit from a damage auction like like IMPACT AUCTIONS, then figure out what motor you want, long block rebuilt or crate. I'd do like a 383 stroker but depends on your driving goals.

Are you capable of spinning wrench like that?

I like both the styling and the motor, so I want to try to find a still running example with relatively low miles. Not looking to swap an unconventional motor in it, rather build it and reinforce it and supercharge it some day. I'll try to do as much of the work as I can before handing it off to a shop, and this is all cost permitting. IT also has to be dailyable as well, without sacrificing comfort and quality that the car had.

1 hour ago, Canada EH said:

Long Bed, with after market front and rear bumpers, lift kit, air bags, warn winch, roof rack, back window rack, led light bar above windshield. Arb Air Lockers front and rear, deuce axles, and a sneaker lift.

Get these guys to spin da wrenches!

https://www.dieselsellerz.com/

I like your tastes. Have you heard of Factor 55 for recovery gear?