Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

27 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

The only issue I see with upping speed limits is that people will become used to those speeds. I see people shortly after starting to speed over that limit as they get accustomed.

Idk if you've ever driven 80 on a 45 mph road before but when your at the point where it takes a lot of attention and skill to drive that quickly your def going too fast and; you know it and it will always feel that way. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I drove an NC (2012 I think) Miata today with a 6 speed manual. 

The clutch was super light and it was waaaaay easier to shift smoothly than my NB.

and also you can tell the car is bigger and heavier and it feels completely different from my NB. While the NC is a better daily for sure(MUCH more comfortable) my NB is more fun. 

@warmmilk

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Quick question for you guys . What penetrating fluid did you find to work best on rusted / siezed bolts and nuts and stuff ?

I hear alot of good stuff about Kano Kroil , but as anything supposedly good it isnt distributed to Europe as far as i can find , and can only be ordered on Ebay . 

Iv been using WD-40 for my whole life but the old fashioned stuff works much better ( had some stuff called "odvijač" literally meaning screwdriver .. it isnt made anymore tho ) 

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

45 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

The only issue I see with upping speed limits is that people will become used to those speeds. I see people shortly after starting to speed over that limit as they get accustomed.

People are already comfortable with higher speeds. That's why you see the majority of traffic speeding almost everywhere, all the time, and on almost every road. 

The current speed limits were set WAAAAY back in the day before seat belts were legal, tires were skinny pizza-cutter rock-hard bias-ply pieces of shit and cars still used drum brakes, lol.  

Like I said before, if they up the limits, they also need to more strictly enforce those limits. Right now, people know they can easily get away with going 15-20 over and so they do. It's ridiculous. Why have a limit if you're not going to properly or fairly enforce it. Raise the limit to something more reasonable inline with modern standards and ENFORCE that limit. ;) 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

1 minute ago, ColonelThunder said:

Quick question for you guys . What penetrating fluid did you find to work best on rusted / siezed bolts and nuts and stuff ?

I hear alot of good stuff about Kano Kroil , but as anything supposedly good it isnt distributed to Europe as far as i can find , and can only be ordered on Ebay . 

Iv been using WD-40 for my whole life but the old fashioned stuff works much better ( had some stuff called "odvijač" literally meaning screwdriver .. it isnt made anymore tho ) 

A torch. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

17 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Idk if you've ever driven 80 on a 45 mph road before but when your at the point where it takes a lot of attention and skill to drive that quickly your def going too fast and; you know it and it will always feel that way. 

Yep. I live on one and its a dirt road. However I've gotten used to driving on it so I typically drive roughly 60 on it. Same with highways, when I first started driving (14 y.o.) 65-70 felt pretty quick now I catch myself easily running 90-95 without notice. You are correct it does take skill, however just like anything it will become natural after awhile and won't take much second thought. highway patrol is a great example. One of the times I rode along with my father he was called to a scene and he was running 165 without a question, due to it being second nature to him.

Think about it; how many times have you guys been stuck behind someone who's driving "the limit" on a road where that limit is unreasonably low? Frustrating isn't it? ;) 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

14 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

You are all over the place dude.

Actually I sit in the same place with little movement to no movement of the chair nor body, just hands really, typing away.

I'm not really frustrated by someone driving the limit, because I know I won't actually save any time by going that little bit faster.

What baffles me is the people driving 5-10 under the limit. What purpose does that actually serve.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

2 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

People are already comfortable with higher speeds. That's why you see the majority of traffic speeding almost everywhere, all the time, and on almost every road. 

The current speed limits were set WAAAAY back in the day before seat belts were legal, tires were skinny pizza-cutter rock-hard bias-ply pieces of shit and cars still used drum brakes, lol.  

Like I said before, if they up the limits, they also need to more strictly enforce those limits. Right now, people know they can easily get away with going 15-20 over and so they do. It's ridiculous. Why have a limit if you're not going to properly or fairly enforce it. Raise the limit to something more reasonable inline with modern standards and ENFORCE that limit. ;) 

The only problem is they need to up the crash test at that point cause 55 ain't cutting it anymore lol. I agree with everything you said though, it'll just be vicious cycle. I'm on mobile, and I'm at work running databases at the same time. Little laziness in there as well lol. 

OK, I quoted myself by accident. Oops.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

2 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

Think about it; how many times have you guys been stuck behind someone who's driving "the limit" on a road where that limit is unreasonably low? Frustrating isn't it? ;) 

Very. Then you get the finger when you go by.

47 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

5f6e7d41175e9448feb29fe5a69ecc3d886dd321

You need a turbo, I could do 5-6 all day long. xD

I feel like you're fucking with me

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

15 minutes ago, ColonelThunder said:

I used PB Blaster to un-seize my shift linkage that had decided it'd had enough of winter. I'm sure WD40 would have worked too.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I think I've died and come to heaven. 
So I'm randomly biking around town as a break from my computer and I see a muscle car. I'm like damn nice. Then I saw another. Then another 10. Then another 10. Eventually, I'm like wtf is going on. Follow them around a bit and turn on to this very long stretch of road in town. There we hundreds of old American cars. Il try uploading some pics later. 

@GlassBomb idk if you're in Stockholm, but if you are, run to Sveagatan :P

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

20 minutes ago, ColonelThunder said:

I use this as it's cheap and works.image.jpg.6e0e10f8e89f6569852204e6c2e1998f.jpg

22 minutes ago, ColonelThunder said:

50/50 mix of ATF and acetone beats everything

Spoiler

In a pinch use whatever you got, WD40 or motor oil or fuel

19 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

Yeah, lets just up the speed limit to points where the g-forces of an accident will just straight up kill you. Would really be awesome if soccer mom sally in her brand new volvo was too busy trying to figure out how to turn on the AC and crossed the center line into an oncomming car killing everyone. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

5 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I'll raise you straight kerosene

17 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

I used PB Blaster to un-seize my shift linkage that had decided it'd had enough of winter. I'm sure WD40 would have worked too.

No not saying WD didnt work , just that the older stuff seems to have work better . 

11 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Just saw ChrisFixes video on that , its interesting. 

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

1 minute ago, ColonelThunder said:

Just saw ChrisFixes video on that , its interesting. 

Link please

Been really thinking about getting a bike recently, especially since my friend just got a new one. They're just so fun to ride and so good on gas.... Just something used and already beaten up so I can grow on. Of course I'm stupid and want a YZF-R6 but I'm sure I'll be scared shitless enough that I won't even touch 6K RPM. All that scary power is at 13-15K RPM anyway.

But I posted an ad to trade my AW11 for a 600 bike or whatever else. If any of you have a bike let me know I might even drive a distance. When I turn 18 next month my AW11 will be in my name so I can do as I please with it.

27 minutes ago, ImadKnight said:

I think I've died and come to heaven. 
So I'm randomly biking around town as a break from my computer and I see a muscle car. I'm like damn nice. Then I saw another. Then another 10. Then another 10. Eventually, I'm like wtf is going on. Follow them around a bit and turn on to this very long stretch of road in town. There we hundreds of old American cars. Il try uploading some pics later. 

@GlassBomb idk if you're in Stockholm, but if you are, run to Sveagatan :P

Spent all of today in Umeå, attending a funeral. Came home only an hour ago (left at 6 am).

And not the biggest fan of muscle cars :c