Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just now, GlassBomb said:

Spent all of today in Umeå, attending a funeral. Came home only an hour ago (left at 6 am).

And not the biggest fan of muscle cars :c

ah ok. I'm not the biggest fan either but this was stupidly cool. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

48 minutes ago, ColonelThunder said:

Quick question for you guys . What penetrating fluid did you find to work best on rusted / siezed bolts and nuts and stuff ?

I hear alot of good stuff about Kano Kroil , but as anything supposedly good it isnt distributed to Europe as far as i can find , and can only be ordered on Ebay . 

Iv been using WD-40 for my whole life but the old fashioned stuff works much better ( had some stuff called "odvijač" literally meaning screwdriver .. it isnt made anymore tho ) 

i use either PB blaster penetrating fluid or just straight up wd40. both work just as well.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Im looking to replace my stereo panel in my 2003 Toyota corolla but I can't find any that are big enough and have what I want. I want Bluetooth and aux for my radio and I would love a touchscreen but it's not really required. Does anyone know a radio that will fit in my car? I want one that fills the gaps rather than rigging it and having a bunch of holes and gaps on my dash.

@vinyldash303 i'm sure you'd like this s10 with some patina on it. (if the video doesn't already start, go to 8:38)

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

18 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

Been really thinking about getting a bike recently, especially since my friend just got a new one. They're just so fun to ride and so good on gas.... Just something used and already beaten up so I can grow on. Of course I'm stupid and want a YZF-R6 but I'm sure I'll be scared shitless enough that I won't even touch 6K RPM. All that scary power is at 13-15K RPM anyway.

But I posted an ad to trade my AW11 for a 600 bike or whatever else. If any of you have a bike let me know I might even drive a distance. When I turn 18 next month my AW11 will be in my name so I can do as I please with it.

After actually taking my bike(CBF) on a longer ride, I'm not sure if I'd ever want to more than try an r6 and the likes every now and then.

They're so damn uncomfortable. And no torque makes them not so fun to drive. Unless you're going really fast. And going into traffic situations at a high speed increases risk of accidents immensely. 

Sort of a same problem plagues really big travel bikes, they just want to go really fast all the time. 

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Yooooooooooooo

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

7 hours ago, techswede said:

well i'd just drive it. And there are plenty of Aeros here in sweden. Hell.. There are two on my street. 

rare to find an aero on the street here :/ 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

7 hours ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Ok you are going to have to help me out. I googled a lot of different things and have yet to find anything. Can you point me towards a link or something?

Its basically a Dodge D200 with some upgrades and changes done to it

1976-dodge-adventurer-100-club-cab-pickup-truck-1.JPG.76e3d42c9c54687095a72c0182d1f4ec.JPG10-2.gif.3a9f955ca52ced808055721064cc85e4.gif

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

1 hour ago, RevoltTrain said:

I feel like you're fucking with me

Nope, if I leave the truck in second and just enjoy driving in traffic every time a light turns green my gas mileage is well in to the single digits. Currently sitting around 18.8MPG city though for the past month though, so that's nice. :D

I noticed I forgot to put "bigger" in my post. I'm tired okay.

My car is now cleaned. What better to do in the current heatwave we're having

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

11 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

My car is now cleaned. What better to do in the current heatwave we're having

Eat ice cream indoors and watch F1

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Got off early today. Now to figure out what to do since I can't go work on the miata just yet (He had told me he's booked today, only get Sunday this weekend to work on it, but i'm going get some stuff at the local stores(mainly a little wooden dolly from HF so we can put an engine on it and roll it around the shop) for it tom)

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Got off early today. Now to figure out what to do since I can't go work on the miata just yet (He had told me he's booked today, only get Sunday this weekend to work on it, but i'm going get some stuff at the local stores(mainly a little wooden dolly from HF so we can put an engine on it and roll it around the shop) for it tom)

Video games?

31 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Eat ice cream indoors and watch F1

Not a fan of F1.

Going to a modified car show tomorrow, probably gonna sleep on Sunday then going to the beach some time next week

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Couple of the best pics I got on my crappy phone IMG_3779.thumb.JPG.f0a9614d8e5c46f11a29b411699a84de.JPGIMG_3780.thumb.JPG.19c4f0000dfbf2abe6de20c59d08695e.JPGIMG_3781.thumb.JPG.7860e77f9829869d1fac6c5e7cb4d788.JPG

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

My weekend:

Folding@Home | BOINC

3 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

I've heard that argument before, but I really don't think that would happen. 

People tend to drive at speeds they feel most comfortable with, depending on the road and regardless of the posted limit. That's why sometimes, you're driving along and look down to find you're going 20 over without realizing it. 

A major part of the problem is that police do not enforce the limits in a consistent manner. There is almost always an acceptable range in which they don't care if you're going over. On most 4+ lane highways, this is between 20-30kph over the limit. In most 80 zones, it's between 10-20kph over. I've lost count of the number of times I've spotted a cop on patrol while going over 100 in an 80 zone, and surprisingly, they don't give chase. Yet another day, if they're feeling like it, they'd pull you over for going 15 over in an 80. 

Here's what they should do, IMO. 

-Raise 80 zones to 90 or 100 where it's logical and safe to do so. 

-Raise 100 zones to 110-120 also where it's safe and logical to do so (the 407 could easily be set to 140, IMO). @chaozbandit Am I right? ;) 

-ACTUALLY ENFORCE the limit. Maybe allow a 5-10kph buffer, but anyone doing 10+ gets pulled over/ticketed. If the limit is that high, there's no reason to be going faster. If the limits are more reasonable and properly enforced, people will be more likely to adhere to it. 

Rules are meant to be broken xD 

If they raise the limits, people would probably still do 20 over and not give a shit about it.

Cops should just ignore people doing 20 over if there are conditions to do that and not put others lives in danger. If the 20 over do put other people at risk, then go ahead, give them a ticket, a warning, something. Just don't give those to someone doing 10 over just because you haven't given a ticket in that day...

2 cents from a 17yo fgt that can't drive legally. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

58 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

oh i thought you were doing your engine swap/rebuild yourself in your garage or something. whoops.

52 minutes ago, ImadKnight said:

Couple of the best pics I got on my crappy phone IMG_3780.thumb.JPG.19c4f0000dfbf2abe6de20c59d08695e.JPG

damn, that ford gt40 (or is it a gt?) has seen some serious abuse.

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

oh i thought you were doing your engine swap/rebuild yourself in your garage or something. whoops.

Probably a wrap (unless that's sarcasm I'm not picking up). And yeah, looks like an '05 GT. 

10 minutes ago, terrytek said:

GT:

188705_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

GT40:

1968-Ford-GT40-Gulf-Mirage-front-three-q

4 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

I wouldn't doubt it

I've gotten 12 in the Saab 

20170512_224657.jpg

That's terrible at least my GT after almost full exhaust intake and a tune made 240hp and about 300ish torque at the wheels. Raise your boost to make that mpg worth it!.. Yet again the 2v 4.6 was trash and wasn't worth the mpg either but it's one of the better sounding mustang engines. My eco boost manages 310hp and 320tq at the crank with 30mpg. Man tech sure makes big advances as time goes on.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

@AlwaysFSX I realize this makes me sound kinda old but I actually took a nap lol 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

@AlwaysFSX I realize this makes me sound kinda old but I actually took a nap lol 

Power naps are amazing as a 20 something.

Folding@Home | BOINC

32 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

28 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Power naps are amazing as a 20 something.

26 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Naps are amazing.

Old men being old as always. :P