Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

15 minutes ago, ImadKnight said:

there is... the other way... of getting games 

i like to get workshop and dlc and updates without having to redownload my game every time. but most of the games i get run like shit on my pc anyway.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 hours ago, IAR117 said:

Nice. I've always loved little French cars. I suppose it's because of how light they generally are

Yeah, 125hp in a car that weighs about 1070kg. And has short gearing, good fun

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I've only cleaned my car once since I bought it, and that was like, the first week I had it, oops

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

Geely bought up Volvo. And they are doing quite well. So i'd say its a good thing

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

6 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

I've only cleaned my car once since I bought it, and that was like, the first week I had it, oops

Conversely I wash my car multiple times a week... :P

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

1 hour ago, techswede said:

0Pf8rzX.png

I drove my 2003 mustang GT 90 in a 30 once. Saw the cop in time and only got busted for going over 21mpg of the limit. Got 6 points for that. Never got a speeding ticket since and all the cop said was to be more careful lol

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

1 minute ago, Real_PhillBert said:

yeah no, you'd get ticketed in california for doing that shit. i only wash like maybe once every 2-3 weeks, but i know a guy who goes to prime shine basically every day and gets his odyssey washed. there's no point in doing it every day.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

yeah no, you'd get ticketed in california for doing that shit. i only wash like maybe once every 2-3 weeks, but i know a guy who goes to prime shine basically every day and gets his odyssey washed. there's no point in doing it every day.

I live in a free state... :P

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Just now, Real_PhillBert said:

I live in a free state... :P

Booooo. being in a free state is too boring.

13 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

I drove my 2003 mustang GT 90 in a 30 once. Saw the cop in time and only got busted for going over 21mpg of the limit. Got 6 points for that. Never got a speeding ticket since and all the cop said was to be more careful lol

Damn 21MPG in an '03 Mustang GT? That's pretty good :P

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

2 hours ago, techswede said:

And it would appear as if my GPU is toast. Can we just get may over with already. This month is shit

Agreed. I've yet to have nothing break *knocks on wood*

And my summer holiday is in June. Can we please just get there already?

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

35 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Im too lazy aha

Its really nice weather atm so ill probs do it sunday. (Busy tomorrow, expect many pictutes of modified cars :) )

39 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I haven't washed my car since i bought it. Going to need to do it when its fixed though. The magical wax doesn't work as well against pollen.

15 minutes ago, RatedBlam said:

Agreed. I've yet to have nothing break *knocks on wood*

And my summer holiday is in June. Can we please just get there already?

Well it was good that it happened now. At least i can go out and do stuff in summer. And it'll take a while to save up for a 1080..

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

1 minute ago, techswede said:

I haven't washed my car since i bought it. Going to need to do it when its fixed though. The magical wax doesn't work as well against pollen.

Well it was good that it happened now. At least i can go out and do stuff in summer. And it'll take a while to save up for a 1080..

Come to Stockholm and I'll give you my gtx460.:P 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

3 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

He always is...

don't engage with shitposters....

50 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

RIP Lotus. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

Just now, vetali said:

RIP Lotus. 

I agree, even tho shitposting here does nothing. Since its off topic, it doesn't count towards your 'post count' anyways. He's just wasting his own time. 

10 minutes ago, vetali said:

RIP Lotus. 

Hey can't complain it's adding to the post count of the thread. Need all the help we can get to get to page 9000 xD

yeah in really worried they will ruin Lotus... I hope I'm wrong. They were like the last car company alive that made cars for the purpose of being a car and not a comfortable personal human transport device

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

yeah in really worried they will ruin Lotus... I hope I'm wrong. They were like the last car company alive that made cars for the purpose of being a car and not a comfortable personal human transport device

Inb4 they have a big huge laggy tablet in the dash to control everything just like volvo. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

1 minute ago, vetali said:

Inb4 they have a big huge laggy tablet in the dash to control everything just like volvo. 

They were on to something a while back though

Volvo-C30-Electric-Gen-II-interior-cente

And the 2016 D5 XC70 i rented was great.

2016-Volvo-XC7-wagon-image-i01-1024.jpg

Then came the V90

2018-Volvo-S90-V90-R-Design-125-876x535.

I mean its stylish. And looks like a great place to be.. Just don't like full touch infotainment systems. 

I see Volvo stuck with the "Show me where he touched you" blower controls until the bitter end and takeover of laggy touchscreens.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

5 minutes ago, vetali said:

In order to bring lotus sales back tho they may actually make a budget-oriented car. 

That will be really interesting.

but gosh if the true spirit of lotus dies I'm gonna be crying in a corner somewhere 

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, RatedBlam said:

I see Volvo stuck with the "Show me where he touched you" blower controls until the bitter end and takeover of laggy touchscreens.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.. And yet they did. 

4 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

In order to bring lotus sales back tho they may actually make a budget-oriented car. 

That will be really interesting.

but gosh if the true spirit of lotus dies I'm gonna be crying in a corner somewhere 

I mean volvo is under their wing. And they mostly improved. 

Still waiting for the C90 to be released. God the concepts look amazing. 

volvo-concept-coupe-700x388.jpg

I'm excited to see what they do with lotus. I think the current lotus is a bit stuck in its ways. With more funding i want to see them do something new.

2 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Why don't people behave?... :|

158kph is excessive, however, the current limits (where I live anyways) are too low to begin with. Flow of traffic often travels at 10-20 over. Especially on the 4+ lane highways, where I often observe the flow up to +40 over the limit. 

When you have a car like that though, it's difficult to not uncork it every now and then. You just have to be smart about when and where you do it. This guy was obviously not. 

1 hour ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Biggest ticket I ever got was for 129kph in an 80 zone. Was a country road, no other cars around, on my way home from work on a sunny afternoon. This was also before the +50 over laws were put in place. $360 fine and however many points later... :S 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Just now, MEC-777 said:

158kph is excessive, however, the current limits (where I live anyways) are too low to begin with. Flow of traffic often travels at 10-20 over. Especially on the 4+ lane highways, where I often observe the flow up to +40 over the limit. 

When you have a car like that though, it's difficult to not uncork it every now and then. You just have to be smart about when and where you do it. This guy was obviously not. 

Problem is that if the government upped the limit by 20. People would quickly start going 20 over that.