Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

26 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

40k euro is about 60k CAD

Call me crazy, but I'd take a GranTurismo with the updated 4.7L V8 over a high mileage Vantage, no matter how much cheaper the latter one is.

MY09 vs MY06.

I like the GranTurismo too. But there is just something about aston martins. 

1 minute ago, iDeFecZx said:

Just making sure you're aware of how much an aston costs. Especially being British and having a high chance of mechanical issues

I've been looking into it for a while and i don't mind a bit of extra cost for something like that. And the post 90s astons seem reliable enough

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

13 minutes ago, techswede said:

I've been looking into it for a while and i don't mind a bit of extra cost for something like that. And the post 90s astons seem reliable enough

They are reasonably reliable, but when something goes wrong it does cost you a lot more

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

2 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

They are reasonably reliable, but when something goes wrong it does cost you a lot more

As with most higher end cars

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

23 minutes ago, techswede said:

Did you watch DeMuros video on the costs of his Aston? 

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

If anyone wants to see a quick walkaround of the Saab here you go

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

No idea why they used Rascal Flatts music. But I need to get around to doing this soon

Any suggestions on where to pick up an air filter? Is there a special one I need? Can I just go to a local parts store and just pick one up? This is all new to me. I want to pickup an adapter so I can run a cone filter instead of my stock airbox, would I be able to pick that up at autozone or somewhere similar also?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

14 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Did you watch DeMuros video on the costs of his Aston? 

Yup. Still not bothered 

28 minutes ago, techswede said:

Yup. Still not bothered 

Techswede: since im debt free, im going to buy an aston.

*A year of aston ownership later*

Techswede: *checks bank account* *200 billion in debt* and this is why you shouldnt buy an aston.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

1 minute ago, chaozbandit said:

@bcredeur97

Just got done watching this and was going to post it and tag

Any suggestions on what spark plugs to go with in the Saab? I really don't know what to look for in spark plugs and stuff like that honestly. Want to get some new ones in there because I don't see that it's ever been done in my full service history. Any help is greatly appreciated :D

That first clip tho :x:x:x

7 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

That first clip tho :x:x:x

Dat Audi S1 guy is such a Ken Block wannabe. ugh

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

@chaozbandit man idk what you guys watch on youtube, but that was one of the stupidest first 30 seconds of a video i've ever watched lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

@chaozbandit man idk what you guys watch on youtube, but that was one of the stupidest first 30 seconds of a video i've ever watched lol

Hey man, I needed something to play in the background while I do some shooting in FH3 :)

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

1 minute ago, chaozbandit said:

Hey man, I needed something to play in the background while I do some shooting in FH3 :)

i will say my good-nic NB isn't that bad to daily once you get used to it. Doesn't have some of the annoyances that the NA had. Still small, but it works. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

so i just found need for speed on my dvr and decided to watch it again. i remember now why i almost cried in the beginning. but damn, it was a good ass movie.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just a 911R chilling in the Financial District, NBD.

@MEC-777

15000847_1529585527068566_11396139923639

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

22 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Just a 911R chilling in the Financial District, NBD.

@MEC-777

I might get some hate for this but the 911 has turned into The Simpsons of sports cars for me. they started to die in the late 90s, and they have just extended the life because its the symbol of the larger brand. sure there are a couple of good ones once and a while, but they are mainly recycling old ideas. 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

I might get some hate for this but the 911 has turned into The Simpsons of sports cars for me. they started to die in the late 90s, and they have just extended the life because its the symbol of the larger brand. sure there are a couple of good ones once and a while, but they are mainly recycling old ideas. 

It's as if nobody noticed there were 17 distinct variations of the 911 at one point. Could be more now lol. Brand image means a lot to some buyers though.

Plus ontop of the 911 conundrum you have market disruptors like the ATS-V and C7 Gran Sport that can clearly out-pace a Carrera for less money.

Folding@Home | BOINC

3 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

It's as if nobody noticed there were 17 distinct variations of the 911 at one point. Could be more now lol. Brand image means a lot to some buyers though.

Plus ontop of the 911 conundrum you have market disruptors like the ATS-V and C7 Gran Sport that can clearly out-pace a Carrera for less money.

yeah i really think they either need to change the entire thing or just change the body style. Its become boring 

yeah i really think they either need to change the entire thing or just change the body style. Its become boring 

The v2 revisions tend to be the better looking ones. If the 997 is anything to go by, we'll be stuck with the 991 until at least 2020.

I suppose it doesnt help that they just released the Panamera Executive LWB, with 4 different engine options. Maybe it's just how they do things now.

Folding@Home | BOINC

WHY ARE WALMARTS IN TORONTO NEVER LIKE THIS.

pdy5ffupjptodwvyxfu7.jpg

I swear, despite the issues south of the border you guys have it better than you know.

Folding@Home | BOINC

57 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

You're gonna have to do custom JB welding to get one to fit. I'd "port" the airbox like I did and then you're gonna be able to fit a bigger cone filter in there. Or you could put a KN drop in one and get most of the same effect. 

For plugs, get whatever the factory used. That's my advice. 

I was talking about an adapter like used on the TDI in this video, that's what I'd want to do really