Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

@MEC-777 Canadians have solidified their places on the podium. Both James Houghton and Will Au-Yeng are lapping consistently in the low-mid 1:43s, with the Dai Yoshihara trailing a few tenths behind. Surprisingly, Chris Boersma clocked a fast lap of 1:51.000 dead!

15000718_1166997403378038_74552602093011

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Guess who is now the proud owner of a 1:18 Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3!? 

15016235_10154504513326815_1830727841052230379_o.jpg

Ayyy this guy! Managed to snag the last one in stock. Now, back to drinking because it's friday night.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

9 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Ayyy this guy! Managed to snag the last one in stock. Now, back to drinking because it's friday night.

115$?

Holy fuck.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Reasons I want to run a cone on my car:

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Just now, JoaoPRSousa said:

115$?

Holy fuck.

It's an autoart - I'll take any discount I can get even if it means getting shafted by buying outside of country. AutoArts are easily 300-400 after taxes for a good, mainline model here in Canada.

Model Citizen was running a 16% off sale. $140 USD including shipping, and at the current conversion I'm still sitting under $200 CAD shipped to my house. 

Sure it's one of their earlier casts, but it's my first quality 1:18 and I couldn't be happier. Now... to hunt down those pesky 1:18s at Costco...

tfzuciqldstxzn3roy0p.jpg

These ones are slightly cheaper at $60 CAD, but they're no AutoArt! (Maisto/Kyosho make good stuff tho).

Folding@Home | BOINC

3 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Reasons I want to run a cone on my car:

doo eet. turbo spool is amazing.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

in other news, i'm considering buying a fully loaded 2004 honda odyssey and just airbagging it because #vankulture. in all seriousness, i actually like a nice minivan on coils or airbags.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, chaozbandit said:

It's an autoart - I'll take any discount I can get even if it means getting shafted by buying outside of country. AutoArts are easily 300-400 after taxes for a good, mainline model here in Canada.

Model Citizen was running a 16% off sale. $140 USD including shipping, and at the current conversion I'm still sitting under $200 CAD shipped to my house. 

Sure it's one of their earlier casts, but it's my first quality 1:18 and I couldn't be happier. Now... to hunt down those pesky 1:18s at Costco...

These ones are slightly cheaper at $60 CAD, but they're no AutoArt! (Maisto/Kyosho make good stuff tho).

Mate. I don't know shit about diecasts, so you can talk me some of the biggest bullshit that I'd probably still take it as true... xD

But, holy fuck, that's a whole lot of money for a "car".

You might just have spent how much I get from my parents to spend on a whole month on that xD

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Just now, terrytek said:

Just trying to figure out what I'll need to do. I'll look in the engine bay tomorrow at some point to see what I need to get the project done. Probably going to pick up my cabin air filter and stuff to do an oil change when I pick up the stuff for this project

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

7 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Listen to this stock elsewise 2.3t with a muffler delete. I need to just hack my muffler off really and fab up some pipe to go after it

5 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Mate. I don't know shit about diecasts, so you can talk me some of the biggest bullshit that I'd probably still take it as true... xD

But, holy fuck, that's a whole lot of money for a "car".

You might just have spent how much I get from my parents to spend on a whole month on that xD

LoL the sad part is, this one car is still cheaper than the majority of my university textbooks.

Folding@Home | BOINC

25 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

$115 hory sheet

13 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Listen to this stock elsewise 2.3t with a muffler delete. I need to just hack my muffler off really and fab up some pipe to go after it

i like it. unlike most 4 bangers with a muffler delete, which just sounds like pure fart, this actually sounds quite throaty.

11 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

$115 hory sheet

It's a steal if you're in the US. $100 after the 10% discount, then shipping to whatever state you're in. 

It's hart to beat AutoArt quality.

Folding@Home | BOINC

OMG I DID THE HEEL TOE THING TONIGHT

I ACTUALLY DID IT.... MULTIPLE TIMES!!! IM NOT A FAILURE! xD

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 hour ago, terrytek said:

i like it. unlike most 4 bangers with a muffler delete, which just sounds like pure fart, this actually sounds quite throaty.

Imagine that with a cone intake too ???

4 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Imagine that with a cone intake too

then you'll have some nice spool paired with a throaty exhaust. it's a nice compromise for a fwd car if you ask me.

damn, i didn't think bearings can glow red hot. i wonder how long they've been driving on such red hot bearings.

2 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

It's a steal if you're in the US. $100 after the 10% discount, then shipping to whatever state you're in. 

It's hart to beat AutoArt quality.

I dunno why I've just never really been interested in the models of cars all that much.

42 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Can't watch the video right now, did they blow the wheel bearings or engine bearing?

wheel bearing. but it looks like the bearing just fused. i was quite surprised that can even happen. but i think he's somewhat lucky it wasn't an engine bearing, since it requires an entire engine teardown essentially to replace em.

Guys... I'm in a bad way right now. There's an '05 boxster in great condition calling my name right now, but the holiday season is right around the corner...

Do I drop the savings on the car, or hold off until after I've bought presents for the families and see whats available after.

I mean, those earlier 2000's boxsters are popping up everywhere right now in my area for pretty cheap, so I'm certain I'd still be able to get one in similar or better condition after december... But like, do I just be selfish and get it now and give shitty presents like sweaters or meme-political stuff, or do I wait another couple months and give really good presents to the relatives, then pick up a new car... I can't decide what so ever...

Should I be the better person... or go full on Scrooge this year and hope they understand...

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

10 minutes ago, Atmos said:

Guys... I'm in a bad way right now. There's an '05 boxster in great condition calling my name right now, but the holiday season is right around the corner...

Do I drop the savings on the car, or hold off until after I've bought presents for the families and see whats available after.

I mean, those earlier 2000's boxsters are popping up everywhere right now in my area for pretty cheap, so I'm certain I'd still be able to get one in similar or better condition after december... But like, do I just be selfish and get it now and give shitty presents like sweaters or meme-political stuff, or do I wait another couple months and give really good presents to the relatives, then pick up a new car... I can't decide what so ever...

Should I be the better person... or go full on Scrooge this year and hope they understand...

idk, i wouldn't want my families to think i'm selfish for dropping my savings on a car instead of presents. i'd wait tbh.

and besides, where do you live? depending on location, owning a boxster through winter can be hell.

Just now, terrytek said:

idk, i wouldn't want my families to think i'm selfish for dropping my savings on a car instead of presents. i'd wait tbh.

and besides, where do you live? depending on location, owning a boxster through winter can be hell.

I'm smack dab in the middle of "Just Slightly Too Hot" and "Way Too Expensive to Live" SoCal. Weather is the least of my worries. I literally can take my motorcycle out into the canyons just about 350 days a year without a single worry. Who says droughts are all bad eh?

I've been leaning on the fence to just wait, but there's that damn nagging voice in the back of my head screaming "just do it, you won't regret it for at least another month!".

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

4 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Yep. Straight piped turbo engines = :x

3 hours ago, terrytek said:

Because turbo. It actually muffles it quite a bit. Lots of turbo'd cars can be run straight piped and not be overly loud. ;)

2 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Imagine that with a cone intake too ???

Have an open cone filter and *almost* straight piped exhaust on the Golf. It sounds wonderful. :D  

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Just had the new 383 Chev running for the first time, straight out of the headers. I recorded it with my studio mic: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ifb92yqv71bmie/VetteWAV.wav?dl=0

Gotta love that cams note! Can't wait to have the new composite rear spring and the new sway bar in so it can be driven, when they actually arrive from the US...

P.S. neighbors weren't happy :P

P.S.S. it wasn't tuned so I will record with with the mufflers on and a tune.