Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

not car related, but this is creepy as fuck yo.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

7 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

The F1 GTR and 760RS O:

But the Japanese tho

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

8 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

@RevoltTrain here's a pic of my MAF looks almost exactly the same

image.jpeg

Very well may be the same 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

14 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Did /r/Saab get back to you yet?

A few people recommended the kit I'm looking to buy and said it's a fairly easy install and sounds great

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Can't wait until I can get into handling mods on the Saab, lowering Springs with new struts, front strut tower brace, upgraded sway bars. It'll handle so nice. Then with the new wheels and tint it'll look great. Then finally the intake and a muffler delete it will sound so good. Finally, when that's all set and done. It will be time to add some power into the Saab. I'm so happy with this car it's ridiculous 

Remember how I said I want to be able to push about 230HP? I'll ask a few other places, but price to performance idk if this can be beat 

http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=47_72&products_id=597

Do you guys drive rented cars harder then you would your own, or friends & family's?

I mean, I love the C200 series Mercedes Benz, its got a turbo I bet cuz the power is amazing. Then today I went to a gutless piece of shit Shmart car, oh the hesitation was bad, but I pinned it on every acceleration. I always go out of my way to get the Mercedez Benz C series, tons of room plus the radio is awesome.

Oh god what did I find? 

hmOEJAq.png

56 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Do you guys drive rented cars harder then you would your own, or friends & family's?

I mean, I love the C200 series Mercedes Benz, its got a turbo I bet cuz the power is amazing. Then today I went to a gutless piece of shit Shmart car, oh the hesitation was bad, but I pinned it on every acceleration. I always go out of my way to get the Mercedez Benz C series, tons of room plus the radio is awesome.

No, because I don't destroy someone else's property. :P

51 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

No, because I don't destroy someone else's property. :P

Who says you are destroying it? You are using the machine to the best of its ability ;)

@MEC-777 HEIKKI KOVALAINEN JUST WON THE SUPER GT GT500 TITLE AT THE TWIN RING MOTEGI.

That's his first WDC in what, 10 years? Also this marks the first time an ex-F1 title has won a Super GT title at all.

In GT300, Takeshi Tsuchiya who has been in Super GT for 21 years just claimed his first Super GT title as well. This was his last race in Super GT as he will be stepping down from full-time driving after this season.

1113top2.jpg1113top1.jpg1113top6.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Folding@Home | BOINC

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

oh my fucking god, i hate you, internet, or computer. i had a post saved on this thread, a reply to a post, but when i posted, the website crashed before it got to post. and i refreshed it, only to see it didn't post, nor DID IT FUCKING SAVE. i'm not typing an entire essay of a reply again. fuck.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

3 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

@MEC-777

- São Paulo weather thingy -

Are you in Brazil? w00t

(Telstra tho, idk)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

25 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Are you in Brazil? w00t

(Telstra tho, idk)

Nope still in Canada freezing my butt off. F1 is in Sao Paolo tho.

Championship could be decided this weekend. 

Folding@Home | BOINC

Having a look into getting my excavator license. (Already have the 3000 hours i need to just get licensed) 

Because i'm at a bit of a crossroads with my current job. (Contract renewal. And the company i work for is unclear about me getting to stay on) 

Going to make a few calls tomorrow to see if i can pull some strings and get a job lined up in excavation.

Hoping for something where i drive something big and don't have to get out too much.

Something like a volvo EC series

maxresdefault.jpg

Or EW

volvo-ew-160-c-08.jpg

If i do find something i'll be looking at a possible pay increase of about $7-14 per hour. (Currently making about $14 per hour.) 

Depending on the job of course. Some places may end up paying about the same as my current job.

But good operators can sometimes set their own rates. 

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

Why don't you like the ones with wheels?

its and EW series, he isnt saying "ew" to it.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

5 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

You can "save" posts?

sometimes when i press f5, normally when i click the text box, there's actually the last quote that i quoted, and the reply i made.

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

Why don't you like the ones with wheels?

xD Its an EW series. Says so on the side.

They are kind of ew though. As most volvo excavators are. 

My dad recently worked at a place that had an EC300EL and that thing needed a new tilt pump and kept coming off its left track xD 

5 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

9/11 best game ever

i passed the inspection with a shit ton of wrong as well xD 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 minute ago, Mister2010 said:

i passed the inspection with a shit ton of wrong as well xD 

i failed because my engine blew up on the way there and i towed it to the inspection.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

2 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

i failed because my engine blew up on the way there and i towed it to the inspection.

how did you do that? xD

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO