Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

53 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

I got a new PC at work, my home PC developed an inferiority complex.

here are the specs:

Asus X99 mobo - not sure which model

Intel i7-6800K 6 core (but on a stock intel cpu cooler, I didn't even know there were stock cpu coolers for the X99 platform???)

32 GB 2133 ram

Nvidia GTX-1070

Intel NVMe 400GB SSD

home PC specs in sig...

@bcredeur97 @vinyldash303 @terrytek @chaozbandit

That's expensive. :o

5 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

While I was voting, the Focus made a friend! Lol

Aww, the lawn mower likes you.

30 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Nice, my friend recently overhauled his system as well because of a stupid good deal. Also an Asus x99 board with a 6800k, h100i and titan x. Meanwhile I'm still clinging onto am3+ and praying am4 isn't a bust lol

Guess you'll be spending more time wt work now, 

naw, no games on work pc...

13 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I actually have one on my home PC. They work Decent. @warmmilk

(old pic)

image.jpeg

ok, so my work pc is like this as well with both ram dimms on one side...  shouldn't it me one stick on each side?  thats what it was like on my old X78 system.  or does the manual specifically state its faster when they're both on one side like this?

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

That's expensive. :o

they don't mess around at work, can't have the hardware slowing me down... 

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

1 minute ago, warmmilk said:

they don't mess around at work, can't have the hardware slowing me down... 

Gotta have those bajillion Excel spreadsheets open yo

21 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Gotta have those bajillion Excel spreadsheets open yo

revit and autocad.  mostly revit these days.  I have up to 4 instances of revit open at one time.  I've maxed out 16gb of ram before

14 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

If you have two sticks, they go in DIMM a and DIMM b, wherever those happen to be.

makes sense... I guess I'm kinda assuming a and b are on opposite sides for symmetry and all.  and it puts them physically closer to the cpu

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

revit and autocad.  mostly revit these days.  I have up to 4 instances of revit open at one time.  I've maxed out 16gb of ram before

Fancy

makes sense... I guess I'm kinda assuming a and b are on opposite sides for symmetry and all.  and it puts them physically closer to the cpu

It depends how the motherboard maker set up the lanes to work with the cpu. It varies by board so the best thing is to always read the manual and see where they suggest you put X sticks.

ok, off topic, but holy shit, spotify on desktop got one hell of a redesign. i mean, the general flow is the same, but it just looks so drastic compared to the previous version.

55d897777f.png

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

3 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

I kind of like the new Micra. Its tiny, but it gets styling cues from the new GTR and body lines from the Sport Sedan Concept. Plus at < $10,000 CAD nothing really touches it.

@MEC-777

smqtoyqu8zejratudyzs.jpg

I wish it was available in the US :( looks awesome for the price

i mean $7500 is only $1000 more than I paid for my Miata.. And it's a brand new car :o

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

I wish it was available in the US :( looks awesome for the price

It's available where I am if you hop the border lmao

3 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

I kind of like the new Micra. Its tiny, but it gets styling cues from the new GTR and body lines from the Sport Sedan Concept. Plus at < $10,000 CAD nothing really touches it.

@MEC-777

smqtoyqu8zejratudyzs.jpg

looks like a murano just downsized into a hatchback.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, terrytek said:

looks like a murano just downsized into a hatchback.

$7500 tho

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

$7500 tho

i just see supermini murano. the headlights and hatch just scream murano lines.

Just now, terrytek said:

i just see supermini murano. the headlights and hatch just scream murano lines.

I wonder if it has the poor visibility too.

this rear end is kinda growing on me.

https://instagram.com/p/BMkXAfpg6hM/

45 minutes ago, terrytek said:

I love the front of that RX-7. The rear end has taken a while, but yeah I think it's growing on me too. 

But the front is awesome, very timeless design. 

Spoiler

26 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I love the front of that RX-7. The rear end has taken a while, but yeah I think it's growing on me too. 

But the front is awesome, very timeless design. 

1 hour ago, terrytek said:

TBH I never liked the Super G. The best RE Amemiyas were the ones that retained their GT300 inspired bodies, slightly wider flares, big wing, etc. The ground effects were what drew me to them in the first place.

IMG_0903-5.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

@chaozbandit You should check out this photographers facebook one of my new favorites. A lot of older cars but he has photographed some newer race cars

https://www.facebook.com/Agence.CM.ARTE/

14691953_10153728204430666_7919454736439

14207670_10153620247245666_4117753517896

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

TBH I never liked the Super G. The best RE Amemiyas were the ones that retained their GT300 inspired bodies, slightly wider flares, big wing, etc. The ground effects were what drew me to them in the first place.

-snip-

I want one now...

Honestly I'd love a rotary for a race car. Don't think id ever daily one though. too much hassle

Spoiler

You only realize that you have a flat on your second set of tires when you're about to change to them.

7 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

You only realize that you have a flat on your second set of tires when you're about to change to them.

Please don't make me check my spare at 1 in the morning...

I know I want a BRZ as a track car in the future, but with a good friend of mine rebuilding his... and now seeing this...

khyzyl-saleem-zplain.jpg?1443926800

I want one.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

14 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Flat bottom wheel and everything. Damn.

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Plis not here bb. 

RIP US and A

1776-2016

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Today was a fun day. Not enough traction with the van, too much snow.

I had to walk up a hill to deliver the parcel. Which happened to be a door.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

1 hour ago, RatedBlam said:

Today was a fun day. Not enough traction with the van, too much snow.

I had to walk up a hill to deliver the parcel. Which happened to be a door.

ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ

"an obvious supporter of privacy"