Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

Yeah make sure you're all taken care of, you should definitely check with a doctor. Don't need anyone dying on us now

Yeah I know I should

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

Yeah I know I should

Still kinda sucks from time to time that both AlexStriz and Geekazoid aren't here anymore, and they just got off the forums, not straight up die

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Just now, RevoltTrain said:

Still kinda sucks from time to time that both AlexStriz and Geekazoid aren't here anymore, and they just got off the forums, not straight up die

Yeah, at least they're taking care of their lives and doing good. Or at least I very hope so. I probably won't die all of a sudden, unless I have a "hold my beer" moment. :D

On 10/10/2016 at 1:11 PM, Mister2010 said:

i def have some sort of PTSD about alarms and waking up ... 

cause every time i wake up ... i jump up and check the time ... and then either try to go sleep again or get up and get dressed 

@AlexStriz disappeared off the face of the earth. Not even on Steam....

System: Thinkpad T460

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

Yeah, at least they're taking care of their lives and doing good. Or at least I very hope so. I probably won't die all of a sudden, unless I have a "hold my beer" moment. :D

I still email Geekazoid from time to time, but I haven't talked to Striz at all since he left. My death will probably happen the same way

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

13 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Well I almost had a stroke last night..

Why

I'm assuming that's metaphorical 

Just now, Speedyv said:

I'm assuming that's metaphorical 

No it was literal

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

No it was literal

Oh... Get well.

While we are on the topic of death:

If anyone dies here, and we know about it. @techswede make sure you put an epitaph about them in the first post. So that way we never forget them. 

Personally if you ever have to write something about me I hope it's "drove off a cliff on pikes peak" or something like that. I don't want to be remembered as "died when hit by train in smart car" or "shot in head" or any of that. My death needs to be "cool" lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

If anyone dies here, and we know about it. @techswede make sure you put an epitaph about them in the first post. So that way we never forget them. 

Personally if you ever have to write something about me I hope it's "drove off a cliff on pikes peak" or something like that. I don't want to be remembered as "died when hit by train in smart car" or "shot in head" or any of that. My death needs to be "cool" lol

"Sneezed. Really hard."

But on a serious note, @AlwaysFSX take care of yourself man. Do whatever you have to do, we want you around. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

4 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Lets hope we never have to consider that. But yeah i'll keep it in mind

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

"Sneezed. Really hard."

Sneeze in moderation for the time being. And may you have a speedy and permanent recovery

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

4 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

i would have something inspirational like "Died who he wanted to be and doing what he wanted to do" 

idk ... i'm weird like that .... xD 

also ... my sister would post everywhere if i died .... yup  i think ahead :P 

oh and lets not talk about death :) 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

17 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I still email Geekazoid from time to time, but I haven't talked to Striz at all since he left. My death will probably happen the same way

I've seen Geek in PCPartPicker. Last time I talked to him was a year ago :|

Now Alex is a whole new level. I used to Snapchat with him (rarely, but better than not do it at all), and then I sent him a Snap when I came back to the forums and realized he was gone. After like 2 weeks he opened it and didn't answer back :|

I just hope everything is ok with him and everyone else around him (you never what could've happened)

51 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Picking this up because it's flat out missing on my car

https://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/28389/Auto-Trans-Shifter-Cover-Jalousie-4777173/

I thought your SAAB was a manual.............. :|

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

On a lighter note, once I get wheels and lowering springs I want to get all of the windows tinted (probably either 5 or 10% on everything other than the windshield of course and then I think I'll finally start to look into trying to squeeze out a little bit more power

2 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Now Alex is a whole new level. I used to Snapchat with him (rarely, but better than not do it at all), and then I sent him a Snap when I came back to the forums and realized he was gone. After like 2 weeks he opened it and didn't answer back :|

I just hope everything is ok with him and everyone else around him (you never what could've happened)

I thought your SAAB was a manual.............. :|

Nah, mad auto. Call me crazy but I really wouldn't want a fwd, manual, daily unless it was a few very certain cars

10 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

imo the coolest way to go would be to die in a space suit after drifting away from the iss. definitely not the quickest but it would make for a great last view 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

Nah, mad auto. Call me crazy but I really wouldn't want a fwd, manual, daily unless it was a few very certain cars

I want my very own first car to be a manual. (not that you can get a manual with the budget I have, unless it's a SAAB or a Volvo, or an old ass Merc xD)

1 minute ago, Maybach123 said:

imo the coolest way to go would be to die in a space suit after drifting away from the iss. definitely not the quickest but it would make for a great last view 

Painful and sad af tho

Omg Free valve is sooooo awesome!!!! 

47% increase in torque

45% increase in power

15% less fuel consumption

35% less emissions With only one catalytic converter, no pre cat required :D

the turbo can be can be completely disabled and bypassed for fuel economy. Throttling is done inside the cylinder head so response is as good as it can be, the cylinder head is smaller.... Direct injection isn't used, port injection is... Can't wait for this to be implemented IRL, and I really hope it's reliable. 

Spoiler

Just now, JoaoPRSousa said:

I want my very own first car to be a manual. (not that you can get a manual with the budget I have, unless it's a SAAB or a Volvo, or an old ass Merc xD)

When I get a project car I really want a manual. But if I find a good auto project car I won't turn it down. Could always go through the trouble of an auto to manual and ECU swap with a project car

Also SaabSquad

Just now, JoaoPRSousa said:

Painful and sad af tho

not that painful you could depressurize your suit and loose conciseness in about 15 seconds if there was no hope of recovery. 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

7 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

I last got a message from Alex a month ago when the last Grand Tour trailer dropped. He seemed fine lol. Just probably not as interested in gaming/car stuff anymore.