Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 hour ago, RatedBlam said:

Today was a fun day. Not enough traction with the van, too much snow.

I had to walk up a hill to deliver the parcel. Which happened to be a door.

as cool as a light snowfall is to signify winter; I'm not jealous at all. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

as cool as a light snowfall is to signify winter; I'm not jealous at all. 

It's really fun in corners though :ph34r:

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

6 minutes ago, RatedBlam said:

hey, with my terrible tires and LSD i can have all the fun I want in the rain xD

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

hey, with my terrible tires and LSD i can have all the fun I want in the rain xD

Snow beats rain IMO.

I learned that in the army last year. Being wet suck ass.

1 minute ago, RatedBlam said:

Snow beats rain IMO.

I learned that in the army last year. Being wet suck ass.

being wet in the snow stinks too... that's typically what happens when an unprepared person from lousiana decides to go skiing in colorado (ask me how I know) lol

Spoiler

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

being wet in the snow stinks too... that's typically what happens when an unprepared person from lousiana decides to go skiing in colorado (ask me how I know) lol

Well there is that too. Once anything wet, especially gloves and boot, start freezing. No es bueno.

3 minutes ago, RatedBlam said:

Well there is that too. Once anything wet, especially gloves and boot, start freezing. No es bueno.

I agree to that. Wet is bad in general for humans. Even if it's hot, you'll still be miserable. 

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I agree to that. Wet is bad in general for humans. Even if it's hot, you'll still be miserable. 

I once spent like 4 days with wet combat boots. Didn't take them off even when I went sleeping.

My feet were completely white and fucking disgusting in general.

But enough about that.

1 minute ago, RatedBlam said:

I once spent like 4 days with wet combat boots. Didn't take them off even when I went sleeping.

My feet were completely white and fucking disgusting in general.

But enough about that.

sounds like the recipe for foot fungus..

Spoiler

23 minutes ago, RatedBlam said:

Today i'll agree with you. There wasn't a ton of snow today and i actually had to start the slides myself xD 

Trollhättan was a nightmare though. No snow had been cleared and it hadn't snowed for most of the day.. 

Oh and this had happened

15000849_10207359780579219_1530096147588

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

sounds like the recipe for foot fungus..

I don't even wan't to know what I got...

Evasive-FRS-Limited-RWD.jpgMan. . .  The lust for a serious ZC chassis track car continues to grow, and if anyone has a vision of what that would be if would be evasive motorsports . Their ZN6 in time attack form packs a HKS GT supercharger and HKS 2.1L internals among others and it's rated for a modest 430hp to the wheels. The car mostly does standard time attack but it has been converted to a Pikes Peak setup meaning it packs some serious, albeit bespoke, aero work - my word I've never wanted anything more badly in my life . 

Forget rocketbunny , this is what a form follows function kit zhould look like. It also happens to be the closest thing to STIs GT300 kit as you can get whilst still retaining some street ability. 

@MEC-777 it's amazing when you consider how large a part aerodynamics plays into a lap time. Consider back in 2010 the Mines R34 GTR was rocking 600+ hp from a lightened RB26 , and managed to set a 59 sec lap time at Tsukuba - an unheard of feat for a street car and one of the first to do it. Fast forward a couple of years and Evasive are able to match that time with 25% less power and 600kg less weight. 

Amazing stuff . 

I believe they are at super lap battle this weekend as well to defend there limited RWD title . Speaking of, so is PZ Tuning ! I'll be cheering them on as they attempt to beat the buttonwillow unlimited FWD record of 1:45 set by Spoon Sports last year. FYI the Spoon civic was the first car to beat the record set by Rado in the front winged tC back in 2011, a time of 1:46.

The current unlimited awd record is 1:42.

Edit: here are on boards from button willow 2015 and road Atlanta 2014

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

so i just got in my technical writing class and we are doing a proposal project. not a single one of my 3 other group members showed up. 

so whilst everyone is doing stuff with their groups right now, im sitting here twiddling my thumbs lol

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

so i just got in my technical writing class and we are doing a proposal project. not a single one of my 3 other group members showed up. 

so whilst everyone is doing stuff with their groups right now, im sitting here twiddling my thumbs lol

lol I haven't even bothered set foot outside today, too tired. 

Edit: quote broke for some reason 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

on more car related topics, did you guys know it is illegal for a tesla model x to go over the Brooklyn bridge. It surpasses the 6k lbs (2721 kg) weight limit xD 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

2 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

on more car related topics, did you guys know it is illegal for a tesla model x to go over the Brooklyn bridge. It surpasses the 6k lbs (2721 kg) weight limit xD 

Curb weight is 5441lbs. Unless you go by the GVWR which is just over 6000. lol. Damn that thing is heavy! :o 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

2 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

Curb weight is 5441lbs. Unless you go by the GVWR which is just over 6000. lol. Damn that thing is heavy! :o 

is curb weight, dry weight?

4 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

is curb weight, dry weight?

I believe curb weight is wet, but without luggage or occupants. GVWR is the max loaded limit with luggage/cargo and occupants. 

So technically if you have one or two people in the Model X, you can cross the bridge. 3 or more and you can't. lol

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

10 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

:(

Hey, that's pretty sad!

(I just had to)

There will be an RX7 on roadkill in the future to cheer you up

1 minute ago, hannah2020 said:

hi

Herro

"an obvious supporter of privacy"