Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

2 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

shipping alone is $110

And you'll still order them? Damn.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

right around $470 with the currency conversion. not too bad. Wonder if it'll last though.

People on /r/saab have said they hold up pretty nicely and it's a decent drop. But I don't know how much of a drop it is exactly

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

2 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

People on /r/saab have said they hold up pretty nicely and it's a decent drop. But I don't know how much of a drop it is exactly

it's probably enough. It's not gonna slam the car though, usually those kits don't. Somewhere between 1-2"

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

6 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

And you'll still order them? Damn.

Yeah, also have to figure out how to swap out my broken rear cupholders and install a replacement. Issue is I don't know how I'll get the old broken one out. New one is $60 without shipping tho :(

Cupholder Replacement for reference

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

it's probably enough. It's not gonna slam the car though, usually those kits don't. Somewhere between 1-2"

That's what I'm hoping for, enough of a drop to be noticeable, but not enough to be scraping everywhere

3 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Yeah, also have to figure out how to swap out my broken rear cupholders and install a replacement. Issue is I don't know how I'll get the old broken one out. New one is $60 without shipping tho :(

if you call them directly, maybe they could get you a better price since you're in the US, to help with the shipping cost. you'd be surprised what asking can do

(just be careful because international phone calls can be expensive lol)

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

if you call them directly, maybe they could get you a better price since you're in the US, to help with the shipping cost. you'd be surprised what asking can do

My issue isn't necessarily price, I just don't see how I'll go about doing the swap quite yet. Updated the old post with a link so you can see what I'm looking at. 

Also, think I finally figured out what I'll do for side markers. When I order my lowering springs through them I'll order some other odds and ends I can't find elsewhere to save on shipping

http://www.partsforsaabs.com/product_info.php?cPath=29_68&products_id=3621

41 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

agreed. everyone only has them because cheap and no hassle compared to having two sets.

but honestly where I live all we need is one set of summer tires... not like it snows. sure you'll have less grip when it's <50F outside but it isn't that noticeable

these sumitomo's aren't good in the rain tho... just bought them because cheap... should of went for the summer direzza's lol

Cheap LOL

$1000+ A Set

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

would it be rude to order something from a dealership and then say I no longer want it when it arrives...

I ask because I just found this gasket/o-ring kit for my VVT system, and rather than pay $20 for 2 gaskets, I rather get the whole set of them for $50 lol

http://www.miataroadster.com/miataroadster/miataroadster-vvt-system-viton-seal-rebuild-kits/mrvvtrk/i-1964289.aspx

Spoiler

1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

Cheap LOL

$1000+ A Set

what you mean? I was saying a lot of people only run a single set of all-season tires all year because it's cheaper than having two sets and it's also less hassle.

(plus all seasons can be had for cheap in general... the fact is the cheapest tires are normally all-seasons) 

Spoiler

Don't you love it when your trying to make a right turn and some doofball who isn't considerate of anyone pulls up on the left side of you and blocks your view completely so you can't go anywhere until he leaves lol

image.jpeg

Spoiler

5 hours ago, techswede said:

Drove the camaro in this shit

245 rears... Not ideal winter width

Man I'm jealous of that. Gimme. All of it.

I miss snow. :(

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

would it be rude to order something from a dealership and then say I no longer want it when it arrives...

I ask because I just found this gasket/o-ring kit for my VVT system, and rather than pay $20 for 2 gaskets, I rather get the whole set of them for $50 lol

http://www.miataroadster.com/miataroadster/miataroadster-vvt-system-viton-seal-rebuild-kits/mrvvtrk/i-1964289.aspx

People have done that when ordering vehicles so gaskets won't piss em off too much.

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Man I'm jealous of that. Gimme. All of it.

I miss snow. :(

People have done that when ordering vehicles so gaskets won't piss em off too much.

Worst reaction i have ever gotten was "heh, we have that in stock now"

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Oh my, what do we have here?

@MEC-777 the E30 M3 and M1, seek them out you shall.

Also there are new Model S casts.

DSC_2317.jpegDSC_2323.jpeg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Hey @chaozbandit he finally released numbers!!! 630whp and 482wtq with the 2.75L on 93 octane

Also, rear wheel drive?? I thought GT-R's were AWD... 

he also said something about E85 being available here soon. That's gonna make things fun 'round here lol

Spoiler

Hey @chaozbandit he finally released numbers!!! 630whp and 482wtq with the 2.75L 

Disconnect the driveshaft to the front wheels or take out the front axles. Bam, RWD.

6 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Hey @chaozbandit he finally released numbers!!! 630whp and 482wtq with the 2.75L on 93 octane

he also said something about E85 being available here soon. That's gonna make things fun 'round here lol

All GTRs are AWD but the R32 is the only generation where you can disconnect the front driveshafts from the transfer case and not damage the rest of the driveline. Something about the gearbox still being analog and the ECU not caring that its sending power to the rear axle only (provided you have the HICAS locked out). You stopped being able to do that in the R33 because it was all electronically controlled, and the R34 used the same gearbox.

GTTs are RWD from factory.

A few owners in Canada have done it. IIRC there was a workaround where you could do the change on the fly via a module but I don't rememnber he specifics.

Edit: basically disconnecting the AWD fuse and rewiring the circuit

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/116870-r32-gtr-4wd-switch.html

Folding@Home | BOINC

I just spotted the badassest badass of all the badassest badasses, a guy was driving a 68/69 Dodge charger on the highway ON ICY ROADS IN A SNOWSTORM this guy is the legitimately badassest badass ever.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

36 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Oh my, what do we have here?

@MEC-777 the E30 M3 and M1, seek them out you shall.

Also there are new Model S casts.

Nice K1300R you got there.

6 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Nice K1300R you got there.

Thanks! Though I think the Matchbox K1300R I have is a slightly better cast.

But I'd never let it go knowing I only had 7/8 because I didn't buy the bike! Literally cleared out the entire peg for this set.

Folding@Home | BOINC

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Don't you love it when your trying to make a right turn and some doofball who isn't considerate of anyone pulls up on the left side of you and blocks your view completely so you can't go anywhere until he leaves lol

image.jpeg

what's a doofball?

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

1 minute ago, FuzzyYellow said:

what's a doofball?

a word my dad made up(assumption.. that was the first place I heard it lol) that we sometimes use in place of "idiot" in the family lol

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

a word my dad made up(assumption.. that was the first place I heard it lol) that we sometimes use in place of "idiot" in the family lol

It's somewhat close to douchebag... idk

1 hour ago, FuzzyYellow said:

what's a doofball?

rhymes with goofball, but i doubt it means the same thing.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 hour ago, terrytek said:

rhymes with goofball, but i doubt it means the same thing.

maybe thats what it means. idk anymore myself 

Spoiler