Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

I like the newer Kodo design Mazda's

2014-mazda6-ceramic-concept-front-three-

2013-Mazda-Club-Sport-6-Concept-Studio-5

Legacies are nice too

6JlevuF.png

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Really depends which gen Legacy you're talking about as for size; as the 5th gen is pretty bigger than the 4th gen. For the looks, it depends which front it has, cause some are nice and some aren't.

Don't understand which one is supposed to look bad....

:P

System: Thinkpad T460

I just noticed that Ford has cut the prices of the ST foci by ~$3k, now even the highest trim level ST3 is $27k MSRP. I wonder if they are making room for the RS at the $30K spot.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

IDK why, but there is something that I really don't like about the Speed6.

The normal 6 is fine.. but something about the MS6..

Maybe its the black lights.. or the grille. or the bumper.. or the hood bulge.. or a mix of all four

Mazda-6_Sport_2002_photo_05.jpg

^^ this lowered would look nicer than this IMO

0004RootDSC01216.jpg

It just looks like its trying too hard to be sporty

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

IDK why, but there is something that I really don't like about the Speed6.

The normal 6 is fine.. but something about the MS6..

Maybe its the black lights.. or the grille. or the bumper.. or the hood bulge.. or a mix of all four

^^ this lowered would look nicer than this IMO

It just looks like its trying too hard to be sporty

I honestly don't like the normal 6 one bit. It looks terrible IMO. At least they didn't go full rice. They made it look pretty clean, unlike the Mazdaspeed Protege.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

FINALLY GOT A NEW RIDE TODAY!!!

And you won't believe what it is.....

0t6eDDQ.jpg

Yep, another fucking one.

At least it's not a Saturn.

I honestly don't like the normal 6 one bit. It looks terrible IMO. At least they didn't go full rice. They made it look pretty clean, unlike the Mazdaspeed Protege.

There's this guy at my school who just got a 2nd gen M6 and man does it ride smooth

"Rawr XD"

At least it's not a Saturn.

Interesting thing is that it has the same engine that was in the Saturn I wanted :P

I will admit though, this one is WAY more fun then the one I had before (one generation older). With the TCS off from a stop, even hitting the gas 2/3 of the way you're already smoking the tires on dry asphalt.

"Rawr XD"

FINALLY GOT A NEW RIDE TODAY!!!

And you won't believe what it is.....

0t6eDDQ.jpg

Yep, another fucking one.

Hey, who knows, you could turbo it, like this guy did:

Who's the man now?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Now I understand why when that badass thing was on TG USA they constantly complained about it being very difficult to control and get the power down.

Even completely stock, without TCS it's all over the place.

I will admit though, this one is WAY more fun then the one I had before (one generation older). With the TCS off from a stop, even hitting the gas 2/3 of the way you're already smoking the tires on dry asphalt.

"Rawr XD"

Now I understand why when that badass thing was on TG USA they constantly complained about it being very difficult to control and get the power down.

A decently hot car must feel like a Bugatti to you...  :P

I like the newer Kodo design Mazda's

Legacies are nice too

I LOVE the Kodo Mazdas!

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Well, duh it's a minivan. It's big.

A decently hot car must feel like a Bugatti to you...  :P

lol, I've driven plenty of powerful cars, including an R8, I just don't actually drive them because they're not mine and I'd feel guilty for abusing them. With my cars though I definitely try to get the most out of them. But previously all I've had was an old ass Forester (no burnouts, weak and AWD), a Ford Escape Hybrid (no burnouts, weak and AWD), and an older-model Odyssey (which launched like shit).

There's a crosswalk in front of my school that is very crowded and you have to pass to get to the student parking lot, it's practically considered etiquette to floor it when it's lunch or after school when there's a space to get out of the way quickly for whoever's crossing next. Drove the new Odyssey to school for the first time today... oh god the look on my face when I floored it. In no way was I expecting tire squealing and a shitload of smoke... O.o

And I know plenty of showoff kids with BMWs that have tried to do what I did but fail....

"Rawr XD"

Well, duh it's a minivan. It's big.

My previous-gen Odyssey wasn't even close to this. Maybe it would spin the tires a bit... if you were on gravel and floored it quick enough. But no way on dry tarmac and 2/3 throttle.

"Rawr XD"

My previous-gen Odyssey wasn't even close to this. Maybe it would spin the tires a bit... if you were on gravel and floored it quick enough. But no way on dry tarmac and 2/3 throttle.

That's odd, since they simply have the same amount of hp.

IMO Legacy looks so much better.

I may be biased, but I doubt it...

I drove a Legacy once. Its too small for me for everyday. 

Who's the man now?

That is a respectable minivan.

Blarg

That's odd, since they simply have the same amount of hp.

My old one was 210hp and 200lb ft. The new one is 255hp and 250lb ft

"Rawr XD"

I hate my vr6...

I snapped a cabel in my drivers side electric window. ..

On the bright side, I managed to turn the traction control off :)

One dream, one soul, one prize, One goal, one golden glance of what should be, It's a kind of magic.

Seems kinda appropriate:

tbh

0:42 was me this morning anyways and the rest was how I drove my old Odyssey when I first got it, haha

"Rawr XD"

I hate my vr6...

I snapped a cabel in my drivers side electric window. ..

On the bright side, I managed to turn the traction control off :)

Whats traction control? Thats just how far you press the gas right?

Blarg