Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

More from the auto show. Been lazy lately.

dfa62f7db4.jpg

bf50ae8816.jpg

6b56cc3e60.jpg

d1e7120135.jpg

a4f3b42ac6.jpg

68abd4114a.jpg

This reminded me of the San Francisco International Auto Show a couple months ago I went to. They had all these cars, and a room full of sweet JDM custom cars, even an R34.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Look what i got! All the way from Denmark :)

15979683933_f0c07385d0_c.jpg

Now windows go up and down again 

One dream, one soul, one prize, One goal, one golden glance of what should be, It's a kind of magic.

So the brake caliper brackets for my doka came in the mail today :)

16600369121_69114a78ba_c.jpg

One dream, one soul, one prize, One goal, one golden glance of what should be, It's a kind of magic.

So the brake caliper brackets for my doka came in the mail today :)

(luvly brackets)

Yay for parts!

Hows the weather for doing car repairs down there. Or are you doing this is a proper garage.

I'm currently waiting for most of the snow to melt and the sun to shine so I can work on my brakes that the previous owner forked up in some way.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Yay for parts!

Hows the weather for doing car repairs down there. Or are you doing this is a proper garage.

I'm currently waiting for most of the snow to melt and the sun to shine so I can work on my brakes that the previous owner forked up in some way.

i got a proper heated and isolated garage :)

This reminded me of the San Francisco International Auto Show a couple months ago I went to. They had all these cars, and a room full of sweet JDM custom cars, even an R34.

there are a few more JDM cars but not a lot. That GT-R belongs to my dads boss though.

Blarg

post-35381-Krieger-every-single-noun-and

Seriously. Lucky bastard. I'd give my right nut for a heated garage..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

You Dutch bastard. Look what you made techswede promise :P

I'd technically have a semi warm garage to work in too, but it's full of motorbikes and bicycles.

I'd give my right nut for a heated garage..

Can i get your testicle so i can buy a 911?

Can i get your testicle so i can buy a 911?

If i can buy 911's for testicles i'll get two for myself. Who needs kids when you've got aircooled porsches in the garage xD

But seriously. My garage was a freezer.. I had to fire up the acetylene torch periodically so i wouldn't freeze to death..

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Seems like people are getting restless around here.

Yesterday i was woken up by the unmistakable sound of my neighbours charger starting up. (Straight pipes)

And now one of the neighbours from further down the road blasted past here in his R33... God damn it i'm jealous

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1J0-858-601-Front-Dash-Cup-Holder-For-VW-Volkswagen-Bora-Golf-Jetta-MK4-99-04-/171208607919

Apparently I could buy what look like OEM cup holders for my Borat.

IIRC my mom's golf had those back in whatever. Would be kinda wasted though as I rarely drink anything in the car.

I wonder if they sell the centre mounted armrest though.

I want a heated+insulated garage -.-

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

THE TORQUE STEER

hahahaha gg

Guys, it's the transmission that's causing the problem when it appears. Just happened 10 minutes ago, definitely the transmission.

Seems like people are getting restless around here.

Yesterday i was woken up by the unmistakable sound of my neighbours charger starting up. (Straight pipes)

And now one of the neighbours from further down the road blasted past here in his R33... God damn it i'm jealous

meanwhile my neighbors are putting up with moar odyssey burnouts

i swear these tires are gonna be bald within the next month

"Rawr XD"

Are motorbike's spoken about here or just cars??

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Are motorbike's spoken about here or just cars??

Motorcycles have their own thread, although its not nearly as well traveled.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/23268-motorbikes/

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

"my brakes are squeaking a bit"

10987461_829117783810665_813946407229605

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

So, we decided to flush the brake fluid out of our 2002 Protege since it's been over 2 years after it's supposed to be in the car. Once we finished, we took it test driving, and we had an issue. My dad said the clutch pedal was softer than normal. I thought it was not related to the brake system in any way, and was just a mere coincidence. Am i crazy?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

So, we decided to flush the brake fluid out of our 2002 Protege since it's been over 2 years after it's supposed to be in the car. Once we finished, we took it test driving, and we had an issue. My dad said the clutch pedal was softer than normal. I thought it was not related to the brake system in any way, and was just a mere coincidence. Am i crazy?

there are a few cars that use the same reservoir for brake and clutch. Sounds like your protege may be one of those cars. You may need to bleed the clutch too.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz