Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

I'll see if I can get a video of it tonight, knowing my luck it'll run perfectly fine. I've looked through quite a few threads and it seems all the problems would also occur while not at idle. The video down below is somewhat similar in to how it sounds but there is a lot more vibration than what I see in it but the tach fluctuates a lot while this is occurring. But the sound is similar.

I assume you are not getting a MIL light, right?

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I'll see if I can get a video of it tonight, knowing my luck it'll run perfectly fine. I've looked through quite a few threads and it seems all the problems would also occur while not at idle. The video down below is somewhat similar in to how it sounds but there is a lot more vibration than what I see in it but the tach fluctuates a lot while this is occurring. But the sound is similar.

Trust me, i'm pretty sure it's the mass airflow sensor. Our 2002 Protege with a Ford engine had the same issue, come to find out, there was a little needle that was blown out. The idle was super rough, but once we found a replacement, it started to idle smooth again.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I assume you are not getting a MIL light, right?

Nope, no lights come up.

Trust me, i'm pretty sure it's the mass airflow sensor. Our 2002 Protege with a Ford engine had the same issue, come to find out, there was a little needle that was blown out. The idle was super rough, but once we found a replacement, it started to idle smooth again.

Was it only the idle that was rough?

Nope, no lights come up.

Was it only the idle that was rough?

It also took quite a while to start it up, and it sounded super, super rough when it tried to start with no luck. It sounds very hoarse trying to start it up.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

It also took quite a while to start it up, and it sounded super, super rough when it tried to start with no luck. It sounds very hoarse trying to start it up.

Hmm, starting is fine, it's just the idle.

Hmm, starting is fine, it's just the idle.

I forgot to show you my 66 Mustang GT. Here you go. Had to find a picture without me lol. Sorry for the long wait.

196620Ford20Mustang20GT20Coupe20Front_zp

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Could be a vacuum leak, bad ignition coils, plugs & wires, or a tps. Could also be old injectors. What kind of maintenance has recently been don on the car?

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Could be the IAC Valve as what Real_PhillBert mentioned. Since you've cleaned the MAF sensor and the IAC valve, can you try an OBD scan and reset to see if that helps? Do you have a scan tool?

I don't think it's ignition or injection related if it works normally at higher load conditions. Aside from the IAC Valve, a malfunctioning lambda sensor can also cause this.

Could be the IAC Valve as what Real_PhillBert mentioned. Since you've cleaned the MAF sensor and the IAC valve, can you try an OBD scan and reset to see if that helps? Do you have a scan tool?

I thought when a iac valve goes bad that you usualy get a high rpm idle. At least i know that is what happens when one on a miata goes bad.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I thought when a iac valve goes bad that you usualy get a high rpm idle. At least i know that is what happens when one on a miata goes bad.

It can go either way. It can stay wide open (high idle), closed (low / rough idle), or fluctuate. 

If strong taps on the valve changes the idle noticeably (engine running), then it might be the IACV.

I forgot to show you my 66 Mustang GT. Here you go. Had to find a picture without me lol. Sorry for the long wait.

Oh it's beautiful. :wub:

Could be a vacuum leak, bad ignition coils, plugs & wires, or a tps. Could also be old injectors. What kind of maintenance has recently been don on the car?

Uh... most recent thing repaired was a power steering line, that's it.

I don't think it's ignition or injection related if it works normally at higher load conditions. Aside from the IAC Valve, a malfunctioning lambda sensor can also cause this.

I do not have a scan tool, one that can show running diagnostics would be really nice though.

I went to move it last night and it ran perfectly fine. Sooo.... no clue why it idles rough sometimes, and smooth as usual other times.

Haven't been in here for a while so i had to read a few pages and I got scared at one point when you started arguing about American cars. But you seemed to contain yourselves :P
I also drove an SUV for the first time and it only made my "hate" for them stronger.

Oh and I went to a car dealer. I looked at some Audis for fun. And there was an AMG merc too.

But my boring self was most interested in a Seat Leon FS

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Damn :wub:

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Haven't been in here for a while so i had to read a few pages and I got scared at one point when you started arguing about American cars. But you seemed to contain yourselves :P

I also drove an SUV for the first time and it only made my "hate" for them stronger.

Oh and I went to a car dealer. I looked at some Audis for fun. And there was an AMG merc too.

But my boring self was most interested in a Seat Leon FS

What's wrong with SUVs?

What's wrong with SUVs?

Nothing all that big, I just couldn't find a milder word.

It's more of an for me thing. They're big on the outside but for example I don't often fit on the back seat properly. 

Over the years the have shed almost all off-road properties.

Often not all that impressive boot space.

I don't find the height being that big of an advantage.

But the key words are me, and often(most popular SUV here is the Honda CR-V). I'm sure some models are quite sensible for someone else.

Nothing all that big, I just couldn't find a milder word.

It's more of an for me thing. They're big on the outside but for example I don't often fit on the back seat properly. 

Over the years the have shed almost all off-road properties.

Often not all that impressive boot space.

I don't find the height being that big of an advantage.

But the key words are me, and often(most popular SUV here is the Honda CR-V). I'm sure some models are quite sensible for someone else.

Wait, are you inside or outside the US?

Wait, are you inside or outside the US?

In Finland so an Ocean and some countries outside.

In Finland so an Ocean and some countries outside.

Ah, our SUVs are slightly larger to begin with so size isn't much of a problem.

Ah, our SUVs are slightly larger to begin with so size isn't much of a problem.

Yeah, that might explain it.

But our car cultures do differ in some places too. If I've gotten the right depiction of it.

In America familes seem to get mini-vans.

In Finland we just stuff all the kids into a midsized car like a For Mondeo or a Volkswagen Golf.

I know of one family here that has a mini-van.

But our car cultures do differ in some places too. If I've gotten the right depiction of it.

In Finland we just stuff all the kids into a midsized car like a For Mondeo or a Volkswagen Golf.

Eh, minivans used to be popular here but now it's a lot of Suburbans and the like.

Eh, minivans used to be popular here but now it's a lot of Suburbans and the like.

Still big as fuck in Finland :P

Also ironically most of the minivans driven here are Japanese, like Siennas and Odysseys. Not american ones. I still see those, but not as common as Japanese minivans.

Does ony one know were I can get after market parts for My Mercedes C300 my alternators going out and I dont want to pay the outragous prices from the dealer

try Rockauto.com.

Also ironically most of the minivans driven here are Japanese, like Siennas and Odysseys. Not american ones. I still see those, but not as common as Japanese minivans.

And in here the most common minivan might just be the Chrysler Grand Voyager. It's probably the most popular American car too.

I'm not sure how American the Fords here actually are. At some point at least Ford Europe sold models of it's own here.