Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

My friend with the mustang is thinking of downsizing to a fiesta ST after he drove a new Ford escape as a rental car and thought it was fun.  Also puts cash in his pocket. 

And also I calculated that with the cobb tune it's just as fast as his mustang. And it's probably more reliable. And a new engine for it is only a couple grand instead of $10k lol. oh and it drinks less fuel.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

My friend with the mustang is thinking of downsizing to a fiesta ST after he drove a new Ford escape as a rental car and thought it was fun.  Also puts cash in his pocket. 

And also I calculated that with the cobb tune it's just as fast as his mustang. And it's probably more reliable. And a new engine for it is only a couple grand instead of $10k lol. oh and it drinks less fuel.

Plus, he can get away from this

13014896_10153945572666815_864285270_n.p

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

it is legal for bikers to go in between cars like that, correct? (in the US anyway)

My parents always get angry when they do that and they think it's illegal... I see no reason why it would be as long as they are not going super fast and are being careful.

Don't know about the US, but in Finland I never see anyone do it. Because it's illegal to cross the solid white lines.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

26 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Personally, I would go with the Focus ST over Fiesta. More money, but I personally think the Fiesta interior is getting pretty dated. Needs a refresh. ooor go with a Mazdaspeed 3. Cheaper and can destroy both those cars at the cost of breaking your wrist because torque steer. 

23 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Plus, he can get away from this

13014896_10153945572666815_864285270_n.p

Are the IRS Mustangs considered crowd surfers? 

These new tires I got are terrible. Its only been 3 days and already thinking about selling them. Way too loud and stiff. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

I empty my washer fluid reservoir before I autocross. :ph34r:

(I normally just fill it with water anyway though.. we don't have much issues here besides bugs, and the gas station squeegee and sponge things on a stick  work wonders)

it depends on the gas station here. at the local ampm, the squeegees are absolute trash, they don't clean shit. but at the local chevron, they actually work very well.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 hour ago, Maybach123 said:

Its illegal in all but like 2 states. and there is a good reason for it its a good way to get yourself in an accident 

Its a great way to avoid one, do you know how many times i was almost rear ended by a driver not paying attention?

You should watch this video

2 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Blessed big reservoirs for Canadian winters as well. Especially with all the bipolar weather conditions over the last few months.

This winter it snowed a lot.. So they just went all out with the salt.. A minute behind a semi and you couldn't see shit.

I'd empty a full reservoir in just about a month. 

2 hours ago, GlassBomb said:

Or since it's that time of the year. "Damn pollen"

@terrytek And I don't really think that it raises the center of gravity much, if at all. It's just 4 liters (at the most) + the plastic reservoir after all.

If anything, it helps make room for heavier components that can be kept lower down in the car instead.

Oh fuck i forgot about pollen.. Incredibly happy about not being allergic to it though.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Euro guys, i need your help.

I'm looking for some CD players for my Chevrolet C10, and stumbled upon this, the Siemens VDO CDR500 that came with some Vauxhall and Opel models.

Very clean head unit, would be at home on my dashboard, but i found out something, these things came with a small screen on the top of the dashboard.

Can i just use it without a screen?

radio-amfm-cd-player-original-gm-para-carros-com-display-14759-MLB4349179141_052013-F.jpg

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

im guessing the only way to get TE37 on a volvo 850 is to use spacers? xD

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

18 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

im guessing the only way to get TE37 on a volvo 850 is to use spacers? xD

You probably need spacers.

im going to get some WIDE riveted fender flares for the 240 waggon when i get some black & chrome rs watanabe rims.

wide riveted flares:

images (23).jpg

(Rear wheels are going to be the widest 5 lug watanabes i can get and fronts will be the widest ones that fit within the original wheel well)

Im definitely going to need spacers!

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Checked the oil in the golf and it was fine. Slightly dark but otherwise fine.

Celebrated by doing a full first and second gear pull in it.

Was tempted to rev it up and dump the clutch as i set off but the clutch would probably just give out.

Revved it out in first and bangshifted to second.. Tyres didn't even chirp.. 

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Are you stretching tires or doing it the normal way? Please post pics

Going to do it the normal way, i need to get some cash first though.

19.5 inch wide Toyotires street slicks are not cheap!

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

2 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

Going to do it the normal way, i need to get some cash first though.

19.5 inch wide Toyotires street slicks are not cheap!

R888's? 

This would be pretty neat for a v8 project

7326130214.jpg

Datsun 180B. One of only three or four in sweden according to the ad.

The ignition being on this side would mess with my head soo bad though. 

7352608596.jpg

6 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Those are sexy

A lot of people don't like them though. Heard that they are noisy and don't get up to temp with normal driving.

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

Which v8?

Whatever is available. I see a lot of 318s for sale. Mostly out of cherokees. And the 220bhp would be well within the power increase limit here in sweden.

The datsun will probably be gone soon though. But it would be kind of cool^^ 

17 minutes ago, techswede said:

7352608596.jpg

I suppose that's one place to put a key...

Eh older cars are kind of hideous. Well maybe except for cars from the early 20th century into the mid 20th century those cars didn't look too bad. Anything from the 70s to early/mid 90s are kind of ugly maybe that's because they're so boxy and had not much in terms of character.

I mean I like the Kia Soul (and the modern Fiats to a lesser extent) and that's pretty boxy but what makes that different is that it still has some character lines. 

The Fiat I like specifically is the 500X...

Edited by wcreek
Fiat...

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

4 minutes ago, wcreek said:

I suppose that's one place to put a key...

Eh older cars are kind of hideous. Well maybe except for cars from the early 20th century into the mid 20th century those cars didn't look too bad. Anything from the 70s to early/mid 90s are kind of ugly maybe that's because they're so boxy and had not much in terms of character.

I mean I like the Kia Soul (and the modern Fiats to a lesser extent) and that's pretty boxy but what makes that different is that it still has some character lines. 

I'm the opposite. Most cars after the 80s don't do it for me :/

I like boxy cars. The 80s weren't great though. But there are some gems in there too

30 minutes ago, techswede said:

R888's? 

Yup

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

12 minutes ago, techswede said:

I'm the opposite. Most cars after the 80s don't do it for me :/

I like boxy cars. The 80s weren't great though. But there are some gems in there too

I suppose, from what I can tell BMW wasn't too bad looking for that era (70s to 90s.)

So I suspect that this is a little too rounded for you? It's a 1946 Chevy Fleetline or something like that...

77527602.5w5sEova.SealBeach07loDSC_3727.

(image from a Google Search, just fyi)

I don't usually like older cars, but when I do. They're usually very very old.

Edited by wcreek
Google...

4 minutes ago, wcreek said:

I suppose, from what I can tell BMW wasn't too bad looking for that era (70s to 90s.)

So I suspect that this is a little too rounded for you? It's a 1946 Chevy Fleetline or something like that...

Isnt that a Hudson?? (Im not that stedy when it comes cars from before 1969)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

2 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

Isnt that a Hudson?? (Im not that stedy when it comes cars from before 1969)

I mean I guess it could be. I don't know much about old cars, I just know that certain old cars do actually look pretty cool. Though I still like modern cars. They're safer and tend to look better and whatnot.

@Strando123
Like the 2016 Fiat 500X

2016-Fiat-500X-Trekking-Plus-GW-04.jpg

Or the 2016 Kia Optima

fow.jpg

Or the 2016 Toyota Mirai20-Year-Pursuit-of-Toyota-Finally-Bears-

Again image credit to Google Images...

Edited by wcreek
Googley oogley

47 minutes ago, techswede said:

This would be pretty neat for a v8 project

7326130214.jpg

Datsun 180B. One of only three or four in sweden according to the ad.

7352608596.jpg

Highly modified Chevrolet 250 L6 engine would be also a good idea for one of these...

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

16 minutes ago, wcreek said:

(image from a Google Search, just fyi)

That is a chevy according to google so you are correct. 

I like most older cars. Wouldn't mind owning one in that style either. 

I'd go absolutely batshit polishing all that chrome though.. 

2 minutes ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

Highly modified Chevrolet 250 L6 engine would be also a good idea for one of these...

And would give it a nice soundtrack^^ Love L6s 

I know nothing about american straight sixes though. Need to do a bit of reading up on them before making a choice