Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

That'd be a no then.

Dang it..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

57 minutes ago, techswede said:

I.. Just realized that i haven't checked the oil in my golf for a loooong time..

I have a habit to check mine every other time when I fill up on fuel.

Million point turn

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Doug demuro posted this picture of a Model X today on Twitter. I've never seen a Model X but as soon as I saw this picture I thought it was hideous and I don't see why anyone would buy it lol

image.jpeg

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, GlassBomb said:

I have a habit to check mine every other time when I fill up on fuel.

Used to have that habit as well.  It faded when i got the golf though.

Since i can't do anything to it it has become, i don't like saying this, like an appliance.. Like a tv or a fridge.. 

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

1 minute ago, techswede said:

Since i can't do anything to it it has become, i don't like saying this, like an appliance.. Like a tv or a fridge.. 

Sounds like our suburban. I don't do squat to that thing... I just don't like fooling with it. Have two other cars that are way more interesting to keep in good shape lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, techswede said:

I don't really blame you. It has become a means to get from A to B, and not much more.

Just drive by a gas station tomorrow. Check the oil level, tire pressure, and wipe the windows while you're at it. Could probably also check for any broken bulbs.

4 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Sounds like our suburban. I don't do squat to that thing... I just don't like fooling with it. Have two other cars that are way more interesting to keep in good shape lol

Hopefully i get another car soon that can bring back some enthusiasm in me. 

I don't really blame you. It has become a means to get from A to B, and not much more.

Just drive by a gas station tomorrow. Check the oil level, tire pressure, and wipe the windows while you're at it. Could probably also check for any broken bulbs.

I'll just walk outside and check. The tyres are ok (recently gone over at a tyre shop) Need some new wipers soon though.

And i don't need to check the bulbs. The computer in the car tells me immediately when they break

7 minutes ago, techswede said:

I'll just walk outside and check. The tyres are ok (recently gone over at a tyre shop) Need some new wipers soon though.

And i don't need to check the bulbs. The computer in the car tells me immediately when they break

I prefer not to rely on the computer in the car for such things, they don't always tell you when plate lights and such go bad.

And I like changing my tires myself. Bolts don't get over-torqued, and I check pads and such while I'm at it. The place that the company cars changed at (Vianor) almost always torqued them down so hard that you had to use a breaker bar to get off the tires.

Pain. In. The. Ass. Especially when you get a flat and can't change it yourself...

23 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Doug demuro posted this picture of a Model X today on Twitter. I've never seen a Model X but as soon as I saw this picture I thought it was hideous and I don't see why anyone would buy it lol

It doesn't look as bad in real life. Also does doug live in nj?

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

I prefer not to rely on the computer in the car for such things, they don't always tell you when plate lights and such go bad.

And I like changing my tires myself. Bolts don't get over-torqued, and I check pads and such while I'm at it. The place that the company cars changed at (Vianor) almost always torqued them down so hard that you had to use a breaker bar to get off the tires.

Pain. In. The. Ass. Especially when you get a flat and can't change it yourself...

I give it a once over once in a while. 

I would change them myself. But there are two reasons as to why i don't 

1. No space to store the tyres. 

2. I know the owner of the place that changes them. And we've got a bit of a deal that he'll replace any rims they crack.

Secretly hoping one cracks next year ;)

4 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

It doesn't look as bad in real life. Also does doug live in nj?

I want to say that he lives in Philly, so close enough.

I want to say that he lives in Philly, so close enough.

He works for jalopnik right?

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Just now, Maybach123 said:

He works for jalopnik right?

Yeah, he does. Has a segment on Jalponik's YouTube channel as well.

Latest vid below.

I've decided I want a Scion tC. It's just a good mix of sportiness and practicality. I rode in a Celica today and it's a fun car, but it feels cramped and it's too low and it's a pain to get in and out of.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

2 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

Yeah, he does. Has a segment on Jalponik's YouTube channel as well.

Latest vid below.

ya thats where i know him from i was trying to remember where i heard his name. I was watching his importing car guide i really want to get a tvr Griffith into the us.

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

Saw a new Titan on the way home earlier, forgot about it. Thing is uglier in person than picture.

I don't like most trucks. If it has to be one, then it has to be a smaller one. Something that has a small bed, and only seat two.

22 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

I don't like most trucks. If it has to be one, then it has to be a smaller one. Something that has a small bed, and only seat two.

Congratulations, you like the most pointless truck you can buy. :P

:x:x:x

24055627_source.jpg

24055604_source.jpg

24055589_source.jpg

DAMMIT GUYS.

I know the GTLM class is one of the most competitive in the field, but are moves like that really necessary? Granted Mackoweicki probably saw a gap and went for it, but coming into a hairpin is not the place for those moves - at least the sister Porsche got away unscathed this time.

Smh.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

9 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Well shit. What do yall think of this. I was looking the tires on my grandma's 4runner. The tires have maybe 40,000 on them and are from 2012 and are dry rotting from the look of it. How much they got in them ya think? This was disappointing to find. Front passenger side is the worst. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

that's about what the tires on the Tundra look like. they aren't the grippiest, but they're good enough for now. I'll be getting a car soon, so it won't be driven as much anyway.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5