Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

lel

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

14 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

lel

Thats just terrifying.. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

16 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

lel

-snip-

please tell me that's a joke and isn't real... 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

please tell me that's a joke and isn't real... 

Nah its real. Chances are its from the US as well.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

42 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Nah its real. Chances are its from the US as well.

wow... that is terrible. People who know nothing shouldn't do anything. 

also, will this fit in my corolla? https://www.jspecauto.com/engine_details/1832/1994-1998_Toyota_Toyota_Celica_1994-1998_All_Trac_Engine_and_5_Speed_Manual_Transmission_Twin_Entry_Turbo_3s_Celica_S

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

4 hours ago, Admiral Naismith said:

Anyone have any advice/experience regarding pickup trucks? In particular ones that can handle pulling several tons of stuff on a trailer?

I've got a bit of experience with that.

Folding@Home | BOINC

On 4/16/2016 at 8:43 PM, vinyldash303 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_Stuntz_gang_assault

This type of shit is inhumane. No group rides for me, meets, maybe. I remembered this event after seeing Jakethegardensnake I think it was block some intersection traffic, mainly what I think was a Charger in one of his videos that pulled out into an intersection that had a green light so the rest of the group could ride through the red, which I get, but the group did not have the right of way, and about 10 bikes went through the red, which is no different than the riders in the above video that tried to shut down the freeway causing one rider to get hit, and after that, another rider to get paralized, and an innocent man to get the shit kicked out of him, his wife almost pulled out of the vehicle, and their two year old daughter to get covered in glass. I don't care who you are, you don't do this type of thing and not deserve to get sent to a federal pound me in the ass facility. 

Dashcam: in the works

Truck gun: hopefully in the next few years after more learning and training.

Thoughts?

I love how the bikers are trying to play victim here... particularly that guy that said the SUV driver watches too much SoA.  their track record about attacking drivers is all over youtube, this guy had wife and child in the car, they were trying to break his windows and get in the car, everything he did is 100% justified.  If I was the driver, there would be a lot more of them with broken bones

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

9 hours ago, terrytek said:

i prefer the passat tbh. i've actually never seen the wagon passat in a long time. probably fucking volkswagen axed it. man more and more companies seem to axe wagons for the american market even though they are way more practical than a stupid sedan.

Isn't it only Subaru and Volvo that sell wagons now in the US?

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

2 minutes ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

Every brand more or less have wagons/hatchbacks.

Folding@Home | BOINC

5 minutes ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

no mb makes a wagon as well but i think thats about it i cant think of any other companies. But they are essentially being phased out in favor of the crossovers

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

6 minutes ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

Kia, Fiat and a few other brands have wagons/hatchbacks.

They're not quite wagons I guess. I mean the Kia Soul sort of comes close to being a wagon but comes across as more of a Crossover/CUV. 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

2 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

no mb makes a wagon as well but i think thats about it i cant think of any other companies. But they are essentially being phased out in favor of the crossovers

Audi allroad, mercedes c/e class, BMW touring, Volvo V60/xc70, Subaru outback, VW golf/passat all come to mind

Technically the Prius-V, Ford CMax, Fiat 500L are also classified as wagons but that's a grey area. Think of the segment as transitioning towards something like a Mini Countryman or other CUV/crossover/whateveritscalled

Folding@Home | BOINC

4 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I completely disagree, it should have come with the EJ257. ;)

I still like the torque and power band of a NA V6, plus, it would get the same or better gas mileage. 

and don't forget the Toyota reliability.

4 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

If you can find one cheap enough, a Prelude, Civic Si, or a H / K series swapped late 90's accord?

This is going to be a daily, so I don't want swaps or cheap hondas that people have messed with. really looking for something between 2002-2007, and under $5k

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

39 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

really im super dissappopinted in america. they should  embrace the wagons more. they're sleek, normally more powerful, lower to the ground, and a lot better looking than most of those ugly crossovers. i don't understand why america would choose a tall, ugly, stupid crossover over a nice, low, sleek wagon.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

really im super dissappopinted in america. they should  embrace the wagons more. they're sleek, normally more powerful, lower to the ground, and a lot better looking than most of those ugly crossovers. i don't understand why america would choose a tall, ugly, stupid crossover over a nice, low, sleek wagon.

^^This x 1000. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

4 minutes ago, terrytek said:

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Because they're easier to get in and out of.

Going forward, it's a case of "we built them, but there didn't seem to be a demand, and now we're withdrawing from this segment of the market." The same could be argued for why both BMW and Porsche are removing manual options for their cars in the next few years, because they have the market data and the numbers dont lie. Is it lost revenue? Probably, but they make it back in other areas such that it is still a financially justifiable decision.

Both Subaru and Toyota saw declines in sales for the ZC/ZN last year. Just food for thought.

Folding@Home | BOINC

6 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Because they're easier to get in and out of.

but some people don't care about accessibility, a.k.a. me. i want the looks of a sedan with the practicality of a minivan with the performance of a sports car tbh. mercedes and audi can do that. why can't a normal car company like toyota nissan or even mazda make a nice wagon? like they sell super well in other countries. i'm pissed .

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, terrytek said:

but some people don't care about accessibility

The majority of people disagree with you and that doesn't necessarily make them wrong either.

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Because you're only going to buy one or two, and don't make up the majority of the market.

but i still think car manufacturers can make money selling wagons in america. they are still very practical here.

Just now, terrytek said:

but i still think car manufacturers can make money selling wagons in america. they are still very practical here.

If people aren't going to buy them how are manufacturers going to make money?

49 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

That as a swap would be awazing

Ikr. It's been done before in an 8th Gen. No idea how to do it though and it's probably a lot of work/money.image.jpeg

Spoiler

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

If people aren't going to buy them how are manufacturers going to make money?

convince the people that wagons are good and practical. i mean you've got ads you can use to spread the word that wagons are good.

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

But their are better options. People buying something that is practical, don't need it to go fast. People buying something fast, don't need it to be practical.

ok then make wagons that don't need to be fast, but practical. i think that's something the big companies can manage to do. mazda does well with the mazda 6 wagon overseas.